Project 880: The Avatar that almost was..

Started by Ta'em tskxe, January 19, 2010, 10:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ta'em tskxe

-------------------------------------
Ta'em tskxe - the 'rock from above'.
This describes my ikran flying style, it may also contain greater meaning.
Read into it what you will..

Txur Txe’lan

i just read the whole thing. i really would have liked to see some of that original content in the movie. everything to me seemed like an improvement except the part where the humans kidnapped some of the na'vi. the way it was in avatar was better. i also didn't like  how all the animals started the final attack at the same time the na'vi did. the thought that the na'vi might actually loose and then putting that unexpected twist with all the animals attacking was a lot more dramatic. other than that everything would have been a plus. the only downside is that if all the content had been kept in the movie would have been 3.5-4 hours long.

Zefanaya

wow I like the part where "josh sully" tells Earth that if any humans return he will give them a disease and wipe out humanity I don't like the hells gate thing, I do like that Grace lives I don't like that "josh sully" did not earn respect by taming a "dragon" (Ikran) but very interesting I liked Avatar the way it was other than the fact that way more than necessary was cut from the Jake - Neytiri love scence tehy could have at leased shown them making a damn tsaheylu.
Eywa ngahu
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Swok Txon

Honestly...

that looks horrible

a few parts of it where quite good

but some of it seemed to generic...

Technowraith

Quote from: Ta'em tskxe on January 19, 2010, 10:30:20 PM
This is an interesting read...

http://chud.com/articles/articles/21969/1/PROJECT-880-THE-AVATAR-THAT-ALMOST-WAS/Page1.html

That was amazing. I'm hoping that some of the original source material may still be left behind for bonus features on future DVD editions.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Reav

I think Cameron cut the right parts.

Without the Death of say Grace, Tsute (cant remember na'vi name) the pilot etc.
It would not have had an as big emotional impact and the movie would be another, ''Good guys beat bad guys without loosing much'' type of story.

And also the fact that Pandora is always helping the Na'vi (plants/animals) from the get go would also be abit simplistic, it was more of an OH SHI- moment when that happend at the end of the movie and it makes you feel all warm inside.

However the Sci-Fi details and all that... I'd love though probably that type of stuff is more at place in a book format :)
Movies have to be to the point and can only be so long.

Txur Txe’lan

I agree. the right parts were cut. Cameron knew all the most important facts and events that needed to be in the movie.

Étienne

Quote- There is an Avatar controller who is burnt out because his Avatar died with him in it. He committed Avatar suicide because he had fallen in love with a Na'vi girl who had been killed by the military

:(

Technowraith

Quote from: Étienne on January 20, 2010, 08:20:51 PM
Quote- There is an Avatar controller who is burnt out because his Avatar died with him in it. He committed Avatar suicide because he had fallen in love with a Na'vi girl who had been killed by the military

Norm's Avatar was shot to death during the battle at the Tree Of Souls. We see Norm running into the forest with a gun, and then don't see him much after that. But i think during the scene where we see the humans being herded onto the shuttle, i think i saw either Norm or Norm's Avatar, so he apparently was picked up and retrieved. Nothing on his mental state though.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

keye'ung makto

norms avatar was confeirmed to be only unconcius i belive

Étienne

Quote from: Technowraith on January 20, 2010, 08:26:29 PM
Quote from: Étienne on January 20, 2010, 08:20:51 PM

Norm's Avatar was shot to death during the battle at the Tree Of Souls. We see Norm running into the forest with a gun, and then don't see him much after that. But i think during the scene where we see the humans being herded onto the shuttle, i think i saw either Norm or Norm's Avatar, so he apparently was picked up and retrieved. Nothing on his mental state though.
That's not about Norm's Avatar...

keye'ung makto

--------------

this is not true, norms avatar was proben to have been knocked unconceius meaning there is no indication if it died or not

pbhead

Read the 2007 script... in the 2007 script... max and the avatar operators take over hells gate while all the military peeps are gone.  I think Norm and max standing next to jake durring that scene.... and it was a different avatar operator holding the gun.  but i could be mistaken.

keye'ung makto

In the battle for Pandora, Norm fought alongside Jake and the Na'vi against the RDA. Whilst Jake led the air assault, Norm rode alongside the Na'vi cavalry. As the unarmored Na'vi were cut down by the RDA troops, his Avatar was shot in the chest and left shoulder. Back in his undamaged human body, suffering from shock but determined to help, he recovered enough to arm himself with a rifle and don an Exopack to rejoin the fray. When the RDA was driven from Pandora, he was one of the few humans allowed to stay.

He chose to stay on Pandora after the movie's conclusion.

from the wiki:

in order for him to escape the avatar's mind he had to either be 

A. unconscious
B. Asleep
C. Manualy ejected from the link pod

----------

since he remained on the moon   it insinuates that he either had his avatar being treated by the medical staff at hells gate or his wounds were not life threatening and he was able to heal on his own,

Txur Txe’lan

Quote from: keye'ung makto on January 20, 2010, 09:19:50 PM
from the wiki:

in order for him to escape the avatar's mind he had to either be 

A. unconscious
B. Asleep
C. Manualy ejected from the link pod

im curious to how Jake was able to eject himself after Neytiri had killed Quaritch. last thing i remember from the movie was Quaritch strangling Jake and was about to cut his head off before Neytiri shot him. i doubt Quarutch character would have let Jake pass out from strangulation before killing him.

keye'ung makto

he was losing synch because of the  toxins in the atmosphere
when you synch your body are coneected  thats why the avatar was caoughign and wheezing also

Txur Txe’lan

thats what i guessed but wasnt sure. being synced i guess can be most closely related to dreaming.

keye'ung makto

Oe teyaron

i think Avatar would have been very different if it had been released like this. i think 'project 880' is a much darker story, and maybe a little harder to follow. i don't think it would have been as popular this way. I'm surprised they cut Hegner (the burnt out avatar controller), i think he would have added something to the plot...