Project 880: The Avatar that almost was..

Started by Ta'em tskxe, January 19, 2010, 10:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suteyä Hawnuyu

It is interesting to see the many changes that a script undergoes before becoming a fully fledged film.
Suteyä Hawnuyu te Gay'tä Muiä-Eyaye'ite

TorukMakto!

I think Cameron made good changes, some of the previous stuff seemed bad for me and I'm happy they were left out. I wonder what are the extra 40 min DVD will include, obviously the sex scene and the dialogue is a must.

Rim tsamsiyu

re: the avatar dying bit.. i think that the ehection can occur if stuff happens to the driver body or if the avatar body falls asleep or dies then the driver wakes up with the remnanats of that sensation playing across their driver body (unlike matrix). it's real if the brain thinks it's real after all..

when jake's not getting air, he goes in and out of the link, his eyes open, and the body falls but close again and he reconnects.... so it seems like that link is continually maintained unless there's something severe occurring to the driver body / death to the avatar ( and now i've said it twice :S)

as for norm... i dunno seems like his one died, you do see norm but i think he's standing next to max as they herd the humans out....
on that note.. i was kinda surprised there was still so many humans left:P thought the battle took out a fair few of them after all ....

pbhead

you forget the miners and factory workers.

each ISV carriers 200 people to pandora. The ISV that carried jake was the 9th ship built (of 12), and when it arrived in the movie, it was the second time it had visited pandora.

do the math.

one thing i was reallly concerned about... is... what if there were more than 200 survivers... the ISV only has lifesupport for its crew durring the return trip... and 200 cryochambers... its also only been in orbit (refueling) for 3 months, the ISVs are designed to stay in orbit for a year... of course... we dont know if it takes that full year to refuel, but it prolly takes a good portion of that time, considering they need to manufacture antimatter, and collect significant quantities of deuterium and tritium from polymorphus for the return trip.  If there are more than 200 survivers, they could not all be placed into cryo... and the ISV could not just continue to refuel, as it would run out of life support.

James cameron mentions that the sequels may talk about the other moons of polymorphus... if they have their stethography planet still on board the ISV, trying to set up an outpost on another rock in that solar system may be the only option, since they dont have the fuel or lifesupport to travel back to sol.  (and not to mention... another ISV WILL arrive 10-11 months from the point where the movie ends.... and another 14 months after that... and another... and another... since once they are accelerated to .7 C they only have enough fuel to stop... which would be very very bad if they are not at earth or pandora... and there are 12 of these ships equally spaced.)

Also... according to the 2007 script... "the science guys will keep the lights on"... so hell's gate still, to some degree, is functional.

Technowraith

Quote from: Txur Txe'lan on January 20, 2010, 09:27:37 PM
Quote from: keye'ung makto on January 20, 2010, 09:19:50 PM
from the wiki:

in order for him to escape the avatar's mind he had to either be 

A. unconscious
B. Asleep
C. Manualy ejected from the link pod

im curious to how Jake was able to eject himself after Neytiri had killed Quaritch. last thing i remember from the movie was Quaritch strangling Jake and was about to cut his head off before Neytiri shot him. i doubt Quarutch character would have let Jake pass out from strangulation before killing him.

Something interrupted the link. We don't know what it is, because all we see is Jake scrambling out of the machinem struggling to get air. Quaritch had breached the lab environment when he punched the window out. So there could have been some kind of built in emergency protocol that automatically cut the link after the environment was compromised. Jake may have been able to stay in Avatar forum just long enough to fight Quaritch before the protocol cut the link.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Technowraith on January 24, 2010, 09:31:56 PM
from the wiki:

A. unconscious
B. Asleep

im curious to how Jake was able to eject himself after Neytiri had killed Quaritch. last thing i remember from the movie was Quaritch strangling Jake and was about to cut his head off before Neytiri shot him. i doubt Quarutch character would have let Jake pass out from strangulation before killing him.

Something interrupted the link. We don't know what it is, because all we see is Jake scrambling out of the machinem struggling to get air. Quaritch had breached the lab environment when he punched the window out. So there could have been some kind of built in emergency protocol that automatically cut the link after the environment was compromised. Jake may have been able to stay in Avatar forum just long enough to fight Quaritch before the protocol cut the link.

I assumed something similar to you.
When Quaritch broke the window the air supply inside the room was contaminated, although Jake is being inside the unit he still needs to breath the air his body is used to. Because of that, the linkage with the Avatar experienced "glitches" , we see Jake as an Avatar has a hard time to stand up and keep moving and is literally gasping for air. At some point the connection was lost and Jake just popped out the lid from his unit and tried to get the mask on.

Rim tsamsiyu

Quote from: TorukMakto! on January 24, 2010, 11:48:34 PM
Quote from: Technowraith on January 24, 2010, 09:31:56 PM
from the wiki:

A. unconscious
B. Asleep

I assumed something similar to you.
When Quaritch broke the window the air supply inside the room was contaminated, although Jake is being inside the unit he still needs to breath the air his body is used to. Because of that, the linkage with the Avatar experienced "glitches" , we see Jake as an Avatar has a hard time to stand up and keep moving and is literally gasping for air. At some point the connection was lost and Jake just popped out the lid from his unit and tried to get the mask on.
got lag?
low frame rates ?:P

L4Isoside

That script was quite dark, im glad it was edited a fair amount. I like to think of avatar as a nice place, not a place that would continually attack hell fire.

Some parts may have been better though