Entertainment article 22 Jan, 2010 issue

Started by Txep Txelan, January 15, 2010, 09:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txep Txelan

Just finished reading the Avatar article in 22 Jan, 2010 issue of Entertainment, not sure if anyone else has seen this yet.  Cameron says in the question/answer section of the article that there will be about 40 minutes of additional footage put back in on the DVD version.  "Live action stuff of Sam Worthington and Sigourney Weaver, a fair bit of stuff with the Na'vi.  And yes there's more of that sex scene."  So totally cool to look forward to an Avatar that will be over 3 hours long!  ;D
  The one other question I thought was pretty funny was: "Will Cameron ever make a 2-D film again?"  "Why would I do that?" the director asks." 
Very funny stuff and a very cool Avatar cover, good for collecting.  This issue has some really cool stuff on the behind-the-scenes stuff.  Well worth the read.   :)
Wish I could get the cover picture by itself as a wallpaper.  Which makes me wonder, if they need Na'vi promotional stills, do they even need the actors to be around?  They could just render a new photo and release it couldn't they?  Hmmmm.  Hope everyone gets to take a gander at this mag.
"Mawey na'viyä mawey!" - Neytiri

Txontaw

Awesome! So there will be a director's cut edition.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Sweet an extra 1/4 more movie freaking awesome.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Txura Tirea

Quote from: Nìwotkrr Tsahameylu on January 15, 2010, 10:15:02 PM

I don't think so. If I'm correct, the movie with all deleted scenes will be about 12 minutes longer. The rest of de additional footage will be behind the scenes stuff etc.

P.S. What's with 22 Jan?
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much." - Dr. Grace Augustine

Txen Seri Unil

Quote from: Txura Tirea on January 16, 2010, 02:54:11 AM
I don't think so. If I'm correct, the movie with all deleted scenes will be about 12 minutes longer. The rest of de additional footage will be behind the scenes stuff etc.

P.S. What's with 22 Jan?
Kaltxi!

Sorry but where are you getting 12 minutes? He said the article says "40 minutes of additional footage put back in the DVD version." Emphasis mine. He is talking about actual movie-extending footage, not behind the scenes or "making of". I am guessing there will be more than an hour (probably more like 3-4 hours) of "behind the scenes" stuff.

Which is absolutely wonderful!!  8)  ;D

Irayo for posting this Txep Txelan!

Eywa ngahu,
Txen Seri Unil

Old name: Rawveggie. Upgraded to Na'vi name.

Txen Seri Unil = Awake + Make (present continuing tense) + Dream = Waking Dream

"The words are like stones in my heart." -Jake Sully
(Aylì'u lu na tskxe mì oeyä txe'lan. - Na'vi translation from script)

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Nìwotkrr Tsahameylu on January 15, 2010, 10:15:02 PM

P.S. What's with 22 Jan?

I honestly think (and hope) that there will be more that 40 minutes behind the scenes stuff.

40 minutes extra movie time would be total awesome! Cant wait until I get my hands on the Directors Cut BD, and I will seriously rage if it will take 6 months extra before they release it here.

Txura Tirea

Quote from: Txen Seri Unil on January 16, 2010, 03:44:16 AM

P.S. What's with 22 Jan?
Kaltxi!

Sorry but where are you getting 12 minutes? He said the article says "40 minutes of additional footage put back in the DVD version." Emphasis mine. He is talking about actual movie-extending footage, not behind the scenes or "making of". I am guessing there will be more than an hour (probably more like 3-4 hours) of "behind the scenes" stuff.

Which is absolutely wonderful!!  8)  ;D

Irayo for posting this Txep Txelan!

Eywa ngahu,
Txen Seri Unil

Of course I would love being wrong on this subject, but I know I read multiple articles in which Cameron said it would be 10-12 minutes.
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much." - Dr. Grace Augustine

Txep Txelan

Okay, just to clarify a few things, 22 Jan is the date on the magazine, I got it in the grocery store magazine isle a few days ago, y'all know how some mags come out on the shelf earlier than the printed date.  As far as the extra 40 min, according to the article, he says "40 min of usable footage that didn't make it into the film."  I don't believe this is behind the scenes footage, but just so y'all can check my interpretation here (what's the thinking), I have attached the cover of the mag (which is totally cool by the way, would love to get the pic without the words and everything), and the page where this extra 40 min is stated, 3rd column from left, bottom question.  Check it out and see if how I'm interpreting this is true.  Certainly don't want to lead anyone astray, but I'm thinkin' this means an extra 40 minutes of actual footage added back into the film itself, not extras or behind the scenes.  If the DVD release is anything like LOTR, it will have like 8-10 hours of bonus features and stuff on it.  <happy>   ;D  Anyway, check it out and see whatcha think.
 Irayo.

Txura Tirea

Thanks for the article, it sure looks like it will be 40 mins of extra footage. But then the question "Is it true that Cameron has four to six hours of unused footage from the film?" would be a bit weird... How could someone ever think the original movie was six hours longer?  :P

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Txep Txelan

Quote from: Txura Tirea on January 17, 2010, 06:10:17 AM
Thanks for the article, it sure looks like it will be 40 mins of extra footage. But then the question "Is it true that Cameron has four to six hours of unused footage from the film?" would be a bit weird... How could someone ever think the original movie was six hours longer?  :P
Hehe, yeah, earlier in the article it stated that this whole question/answer thing took place after a special evening screening at the Arclight Theater in Hollywood, where James Cameron, John Landau and 2 of the lighting/effects chiefs came out and had a question answer panel after the film, so not all those questions were asked by the author I'm guessing.  Probably more than a few misinformed people in the audience that night.   ???

Swok Txon

LOL 2-d films

olllllllllldddd schooooolll

I can't wait to get this movie on my hands!

pbhead

on that cover... does anyone else think that jake has a sort of idk... *sad face*?

Txen Seri Unil

Quote from: pbhead on January 23, 2010, 05:24:11 PM
on that cover... does anyone else think that jake has a sort of idk... *sad face*?

Kaltxi!

He has what I would describe has his "protective" face on. He has it a few times in the movie, usually when he is defending Neytiri or someone else he cares about.

That's my take anyway. :)

Eywa ngahu,
Txen Seri Unil

Old name: Rawveggie. Upgraded to Na'vi name.

Txen Seri Unil = Awake + Make (present continuing tense) + Dream = Waking Dream

"The words are like stones in my heart." -Jake Sully
(Aylì'u lu na tskxe mì oeyä txe'lan. - Na'vi translation from script)