QUARITCH!!!

Started by Meynari Ke'nawm, November 02, 2010, 07:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meynari Ke'nawm

Okay... I was reading on a fansite when I came across a horrible idea. For the sequel, with all the new technology, it was highly possible that scientists could CLONE Quaritch and bring him back to life. I was completely rooting for someone to shoot him multiple times so he could slowly bleed to death at the end of the movie. I REALLY don't want him to come back. What do you think?
GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
PADD: Watch out...
Officially the youngest member... so far...

tsamna

I would also hate the idea,(sorry quaritch) however i believe it is unlikely to happen seeing as how, to the company he is not important enough to clone.And it would put the time frame a while back seeing as how we're probably still following jake and neytiri. Does that make sense?
Go climbing, its better for you than xbox.

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

it would make the story interesting if he came back you must admit.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Swoka Ikran

If they did ever decide to clone him and bring him back, it'd be years before we ever saw him again anyway...let's see:
* 6 year trip home.
* ?? years to regrow him from DNA.
* Time for him learn to be himself.
* 6 year flight back to Pandora.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Txur’Itan

The actor Stephen Lang was on film somewhere saying something about as long as they have Quaritch's DNA, he can come back somehow.   This was shortly after AVATAR came out that discussions about how started passing around these boards.

Back then, I proposed the idea that Quaritch was using AVTR tech and was not in his actual body when he was fighting Jake Sully.  And that there could be a surprise waiting for the heroes of Avatar 2 & 3.

However, I think James Cameron said that Quaritch is "dead", so a new villain is likely what we will be getting, if we get any singular villain at all.

If Quaritch was to be cloned, unless there was considerable effort placed on returning his consciousness back into the cloned body, it would be a completely different being from the original with its own psychology, tenancies, interests, and motivations.

And as far as having possession of his DNA, they would have it on earth already, anyone flying to Pandora has samples taken.

There is going to be a significant passage of time between Avatar 1 & Avatar 2 in the story, Avatar one was filmed in 2008, released in December 2009.

I doubt that the RDA is only using one ship, it would not be efficient.  As business for the product increases, so does production, and shipping to keep up with demand and increase profits over time.

Avatar 2 releases in December 2014, in the time since filming started, the 6 Year journey is nearing completion for at least one rotation of staff from the RDA.  We might see that Gap in time played out rapidly, to establish the life the Omatikaya and the remaining humans are enduring now days.
私は太った男だ。

all of this is true, but what if, by realizing all of this, that they got desprete and sped up the cloning process? yes the clone would be a different person, but by using the same DNA, and sped up process is never good, it would drive that clone crazy, just like Quaritch but worse. How worse? Just turn to Star wars version of cloning a jedi called AKA starkiller, and you've got a good Idea.

Human No More

No, no, no. just no.

1. If they cloned him, they would basically have a Quaritch foetus hrh :P . Even using the growth-speeding technology used for the avatars, it would take years.
2. Even if you did that, he would have no memories, no knowledge, no personality, he couldn't even walk or talk.
3. Of all the obvious, cheesy, cliched, badly understood things... that is possibly one of the worst. Ever.
4. Why waste millions on someone who failed and was, ultimately, expendable anyway compared to the actual RDA personnel?
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Quote from: Human No More on November 07, 2010, 09:35:37 PM
No, no, no. just no.

1. If they cloned him, they would basically have a Quaritch foetus hrh :P . Even using the growth-speeding technology used for the avatars, it would take years.
2. Even if you did that, he would have no memories, no knowledge, no personality, he couldn't even walk or talk.
3. Of all the obvious, cheesy, cliched, badly understood things... that is possibly one of the worst. Ever.
4. Why waste millions on someone who failed and was, ultimately, expendable anyway compared to the actual RDA personnel?

i find this the best argument against it seeing as how if he failed, they sure as hell ain't bringing him back... same with parker... although its not really his fault.
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Toruk Makto

I dunno. Parker kinda got the place taken away from him by Q.  The Project 880 scriptment actually veered him sympatico to the AVTR toward the end.

I like Giovanni Ribisi and would love to see him back in 2 and/or 3.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

if the place got taken away him, that means he failed at keeping control at hells gate. which was his job... to be in control.
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

überdoodlet

We'll have to wait and/or see when the sequels come out. I wonder who the (new?) villain would be...

someone who has a good career in being a good evil character actor. like the guy from Iron Man 2, Mickey Rourke.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä} on November 12, 2010, 12:17:01 PM
someone who has a good career in being a good evil character actor. like the guy from Iron Man 2, Mickey Rourke.

Wow, I would like him to play a hero who seems like a villain.
私は太った男だ。

Lorey

I think it'd be dumb move to bring him back. If they can't think of another villain for the movie then they shouldn't even make a sequel. There is a ton of possibilities they could use for another enemy and Quaritch shouldn't even be considered.

Lolet

Cloning Quaritch is wuld make the sequel a joke.  :-\ It would be so awkward.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Lolet Maticay Tsam'Tirea Omatikaya on November 12, 2010, 07:15:43 PM
Cloning Quaritch is wuld make the sequel a joke.  :-\ It would be so awkward.

Yeah, there was no cloning in the movie so far, why would they start now?
私は太った男だ。

Ekirä

Quote from: Human No More on November 07, 2010, 09:35:37 PM

And I'm going to have to agree wholeheartedly with HNM on this one, Quaritch just isn't worth it. Sure, he was powerful. But not powerful enough to need to be brought back to life.

Takmeyalan te Tsu'erak 'Ewfwefpìkxap'itan

Ugly Americans. (t.v. show)

'Nuff Said.
;D
Pure white would be disturbing. :)
We don't make mistakes, we just have happy accidents.