Resurrected dead characters from Avatar 1 to return to Avatar 2?

Started by Aka`ula, February 17, 2017, 08:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aka`ula

When I was looking into info about Avatar 2 for the first time, I read in an article that they were bringing back Quaritch and another (I don't remember who atm), even though I can't think of a way that they could have lived, but a reason will be there in the movie.

What do you think the reason is??  ???

When Quaritch died he has 2 arrows in him, so besides the physical trauma itself, the poison would've finished him for sure right?  :-\

Tirea Aean

It has been known for a good minute that Stephen Lang (played Quaritch) and Sigourney Weaver (played Grace) are making a comeback in the coming films.  No one knows for sure what exactly is going on.  Speculation has ranged from flashbacks to prequels.

We just hear the words said, "No one is ever really dead in Sci-fi" O_o

But good ol' Jim never disappoints. He claims the sequels will "make you s*** yourself"

I like the force of that figurative speech.

Aka`ula

Quote from: Tirea Aean on February 17, 2017, 09:32:05 PM
It has been known for a good minute that Stephen Lang (played Quaritch) and Sigourney Weaver (played Grace) are making a comeback in the coming films.  No one knows for sure what exactly is going on.  Speculation has ranged from flashbacks to prequels.

But good ol' Jim never disappoints. He claims the sequels will "make you s*** yourself"

A director passionate about the work will always try to make it as best as possible and that is always good to know!  :)

Vawmataw

We have enough of Jesus' resurrection to 'celebrate' on Easter. :P
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Quote from: Aka`ula on February 17, 2017, 09:44:15 PM
A director passionate about the work will always try to make it as best as possible and that is always good to know!  :)
Yes, it's good to know :)

Quote from: Vawmataw on February 18, 2017, 08:00:19 AM
We have enough of Jesus' resurrection to 'celebrate' on Easter. :P
O.o ...  ;D

archaic

Quote from: Tirea Aean on February 17, 2017, 09:32:05 PM

I like the force of that figurative speech.
Avatar 2 is a zombie horror movie.
Jake must protect his family and clan from a hoard of undead ketuwong.

;) ;)
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Vawmataw

Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

archaic

allrock123

Its quite possible that at least Grace comes back as a Spiritual guiding voice Jake can consult as she now a part of Eywa ,, I am not sure how they will work in Stephen Lang Unless the RDA has some soul saving technology we don't know about ..

archaic

Clone looks possible, but maybe too obvious and clichéd.

EDIT:- Spelling.

BlueHusky2154

Quote from: archaic on February 18, 2017, 11:45:57 AM
Clone looks possible, but maybe to obvious and clichéd.
I know JC wouldn't add anything too cliché, but time will tell.
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)

Blue Elf

Quote from: Aka`ula on February 17, 2017, 08:53:24 PM
When I was looking into info about Avatar 2 for the first time, I read in an article that they were bringing back Quaritch and another (I don't remember who atm), even though I can't think of a way that they could have lived, but a reason will be there in the movie.

What do you think the reason is??  ???

When Quaritch died he has 2 arrows in him, so besides the physical trauma itself, the poison would've finished him for sure right?  :-\
IIRC it was said somewhere, that Avatar 2 will be prequel, so using dead characters is possible. If it will not be prequel, we must wait for explanation (but I have no problem to see Grace in next movie. Quaritch.... is problem :D)
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

archaic

Sam Worthington is quoted as saying Avatar 2 is set eight years after Avatar 1.

That said, as with all things related to Avatar 2, I wouldn't take it as set in stone just yet.

Jak Dawsiin

the ongoing theory is that colonel coffeecup and his main stooge, wainbrain, were actually human avatars controlled by their human counterparts at another location at hellsgate, maybe another facility on Pandora that is not known by Grace and the scientists, or an orbiting station in space above Pandora. all the leadership spots would maybe be human avatars and the rda mercs would be human cannon fodder, as would workers and science corps.

Grace and Trudy would be alive in Eywa, and communicate through the sacred trees, or maybe Eywa can give them bodies as a thanks of sorts, or as advisors in the balance of nature.

Selfie would return at some point, i guess. maybe he never left, going from the ISV to the orbiting station via the shuttle. there is much the rda/secops leadership would never reveal to the science corps, and would probably compartmentalize that information even to their forces and workers, so it is entirely possible there is a station in orbit, and perhaps outlying forces still on the planet, separate from the hellsgate complex.

Blue Elf

Quote from: Jak Dawsiin on October 21, 2017, 05:26:56 PM
the ongoing theory is that colonel coffeecup and his main stooge, wainbrain, were actually human avatars controlled by their human counterparts at another location at hellsgate, maybe another facility on Pandora that is not known by Grace and the scientists, or an orbiting station in space above Pandora. all the leadership spots would maybe be human avatars and the rda mercs would be human cannon fodder, as would workers and science corps.
quite interesting theory, I'd say. Surprise not expelled.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Toliman

Quote from: Blue Elf on October 22, 2017, 09:35:01 AM
quite interesting theory, I'd say. Surprise not expelled.
This theory is really quite interesting. However I don't know...

Grace and Trudy would be alive in Eywa, and communicate through the sacred trees, or maybe Eywa can give them bodies as a thanks of sorts, or as advisors in the balance of nature.
It would be interesting too

Jak Dawsiin

both human and human/Na'vi hybrid avatars are insanely expensive, so only a few were available to both Grace's scientists/avatar drivers, and to the rda/secops leadership. it's really the only plausible explanation of colonel coffeecup and wainbrain still being alive after their painful endings, and in the future continuity of the sequels. only VIP types would get human avatars, so perhaps Selfie was actually an avatar body too. hmmm.

Toliman

Quote from: Jak Dawsiin on October 22, 2017, 07:59:31 PM
both human and human/Na'vi hybrid avatars are insanely expensive, so only a few were available to both Grace's scientists/avatar drivers, and to the rda/secops leadership. it's really the only plausible explanation of colonel coffeecup and wainbrain still being alive after their painful endings, and in the future continuity of the sequels. only VIP types would get human avatars, so perhaps Selfie was actually an avatar body too. hmmm.
Hmm ... it would be possible.
(I didn't consider insanely high price of avatars, which is surely important limitation)

Mars

Hmmmm, makes me curious also as to how these characters are going to be brought back.

Cameron says:

QuoteBut it's not a whole bunch of new characters every time. There's not a new villain every time, which is interesting. Same guy. Same motherf*cker through all four movies. He is so good and he just gets better. I know Stephen Lang is gonna knock this out of the park."

This could possibly mean that he is not just going to appear in flashbacks but almost hints that he's (Quaritch) is going to be making definitive actions in the upcoming films - so would have to be "alive"/physically there. I'm thinking JC might go down the clone route?

Toliman

Quote from: Mars on October 26, 2017, 05:31:26 PM
I'm thinking JC might go down the clone route?

Clones ... hmm, interesting idea. But why no, we can expect almost everything ;D
In any case, let it be a surprise.