Sailing over the heads of millions

Started by Takmeyalan te Tsu'erak 'Ewfwefpìkxap'itan, October 18, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seze Mune

Quote from: Lolet te Maticay on October 30, 2011, 07:04:50 PM
Quote from: Sezetirea216 on October 29, 2011, 02:36:52 PM
Okm sorry but how did high school musical and twilight have a good message??? Idk about prince of persia cause ive never seen it but those other movies were just that, a movie. Avatar was a dream that was brought to life through hundreds of millions of dollars by a dude who actually put off producing it so it could be as good as possible, and thats just the technical side. Avatar has helped me and thousands of others to widen our veiws on different matters and conect to our enviornments and come together as one being. Im not hating on you, just trying to get that point accross  ::) but im not saying everyone has to love the movie, i get it if its just not ur thing but i wish people would stop spreading hate around as if it would make us na'vi lovers turn tail and run

High School musical was all about following your dreams and talents, breaking out of your box and doing what feels right, not what people tell you to do. Twilight was about love or something, I never saw it.  :P

The main complaint here is that people don't get the message, but have you bothered to understand the meaning behind the things they love? When people insult Avatar, they're not trying to be mean to you, they just think the movie is silly. It's simply not their taste in movies.

If it is not their taste in movies they can simply say so and be done with it.  If they actually insult it, there is a different meaning behind that.  It could be that they intend to insult the person they know who likes it. 

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Human No More on October 29, 2011, 07:17:52 PM
Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on October 23, 2011, 11:51:36 PM
Just finished reading this thread...

Tse, hater's gonna hate, lover's gonna love.  I'm with the OP in people not getting the message.  It seems as if being direct with said messages that are the environmental, social, love, even political aspects of the movie isn't enough....

Kop, ma HNM, are you saying that you would abuse someone for not liking what you like, or for them not learning the lesson you wan't them to learn?  It sounds like you're going against your own grain, as one of the messages from the movie is tolerance of others, and wanting to physically hurt others shows the opposite of that.  Lu ngaru tìmweypey, ma tsmuk!  Fays(awt)ute nasyume!

Disliking it: No. I have some NARFs who are fine about it. They like things I don't, which doesn't bother me either.
Being insulting about it: Yes.

Huge difference.

Noted.  Still, you could show at least a little tolerance :)

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Seze Mune

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on October 31, 2011, 03:53:42 AM

Tse, hater's gonna hate, lover's gonna love.  I'm with the OP in people not getting the message.  It seems as if being direct with said messages that are the environmental, social, love, even political aspects of the movie isn't enough....

Kop, ma HNM, are you saying that you would abuse someone for not liking what you like, or for them not learning the lesson you wan't them to learn?  It sounds like you're going against your own grain, as one of the messages from the movie is tolerance of others, and wanting to physically hurt others shows the opposite of that.  Lu ngaru tìmweypey, ma tsmuk!  Fays(awt)ute nasyume!

Disliking it: No. I have some NARFs who are fine about it. They like things I don't, which doesn't bother me either.

Huge difference.

Ngay, but OTOH, perhaps voicing his reaction here rather than physically doing something about it (like decking someone) might just be his form of restraint?

Human No More

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on October 31, 2011, 03:53:42 AM

Huge difference.

...and I do. That's the distinction between respectfully disagreeing and someone being insulting about it.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman