Sailing over the heads of millions

Started by Takmeyalan te Tsu'erak 'Ewfwefpìkxap'itan, October 18, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takmeyalan te Tsu'erak 'Ewfwefpìkxap'itan

Alright, I'm really, REALLY annoyed with when people walk up to me and ask me what's my favorite movie. Of course, I always say AVATAR.
Then afterwards they demand to know why. Telling them this,
I then ask if they've ever seen it and 9 times out of ten people say,"OF COURSE. Everyone has."
      I offer, "Well you sound slightly reluctant about that. Why," as rebuttle.

"Well, I mean.... it was kind of a ripoff, y'know? Cuz it was just about a blue guy who f***s a blue chick and the marines come in and burn down a tree."

"Okay."     *........... Are you f***ing kidding me?! Are you THAT immature?! Can you possibly be THAT shallow?! You have completely missed the point of a man who has thought long and hard about the flaws in the world. Hopefully, we would see this and, piece by piece, FIX IT. But people like you, ignorant and unwilling, choose to be completely blissful to the true meaning of anything like AVATAR. This isn't that exclusive of a thing. The message is the same. WE'VE GOT TO CLEAN UP OUR ACT. IF WE DON'T, IT'LL SCREW ALL CHANCES OF LIFE.*

Damn, people are really stubborn and ignorant. :( :( :( :( Why? Laziness. Arrogance. "We're just fine; the dominant species on our planet. We'll figure something out."

You would have never been concerned..... :'(
Pure white would be disturbing. :)
We don't make mistakes, we just have happy accidents.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

>:( Faysawtute! I've dealt with the same kind of stuff before. But the people I ask if they've seen Avatar don't usually answer, they just kinda avoid the question which of course means they haven't seen it.

We just have to strive to be the better people that we are and try to better the world ourselves and hopefully set an example for the snumìna sawtute in this world.

Tìtxur livu ngaru ma tsmukan
-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Lolet

Not everybody has to like every movie.

I wish people here would stop referring to those who didn't like the movie as stupid. You're not better because you liked a movie.

Yes, it has a good message. But so did High School Musical and Twilight and Prince of Persia.

I'm sorry but it just bugs me when people start thinking they're better than others.  :-\

Well the people who don't like Avatar think that we're stupid and below them and that they're better than us. Lots of people who don't like Avatar make fun of the people who do and join fan pages just to spread their hate and negativity which is just plain immature. I've had to deal with it a lot on Facebook and my friends and mate have had to deal with it on DeviantArt. Idk about you, but I know I'm better than that. I know that not everyone has to like every movie, but if I don't like one I don't go all over the place talking about how I didn't like it and thought is sucked, etc. I'm not saying I'm better than everyone, just those people who are so immature that they have to go around spreading their hate and negativity.

-Txonä Rolyu

Ekirä

Quote from: Lolet te Maticay on October 18, 2011, 11:54:08 PM
Not everybody has to like every movie.

I wish people here would stop referring to those who didn't like the movie as stupid. You're not better because you liked a movie.

Yes, it has a good message. But so did High School Musical and Twilight and Prince of Persia.

I'm sorry but it just bugs me when people start thinking they're better than others.  :-\

I agree completely. Every movie will affect people differently, and Avatar does have elements that some people would be quite uncomfortable with. And that's fine, Avatar did what it should have done, it made a huge amount of people wake up and 'see'. Of course there would also be some that didn't - that doesn't mean they're stupid, they just have a different view.

Yes, it's immature and annoying when they bash Avatar fans and hate on the film. It's not the right thing to do, but stuff like that comes up and it doesn't mean they're a lesser person for not liking Avatar's message. Even if they think we are, do we have to believe the same about them? Everyone's personal choice, of course, but I think it won't help at all in terms of trying to get them to understand why we feel the way we do about Avatar. :) Just think, Avatar is the highest grossing film of all time. Remember how many people were affected positively. It's okay for some people to hate it. I'm betting Twilight fans have to deal with a lot more crap than we do. ;D

Quote from: Ekirä on October 19, 2011, 07:55:32 AM
Just think, Avatar is the highest grossing film of all time. Remember how many people were affected positively.

Hehe very true. I usually use this line on the haters and it shuts them up lol.

On another note, I want to point out that I was NOT saying it's not ok to not like Avatar. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, I'm well aware of that. What is not ok is being disrespectful about it.

-Txonä Rolyu

Lolet

It's just that a lot of people act like Avatar is the gospels or something. It's just a movie and some people just didn't like it.

Maybe it's because my interest has started to fade, but I think we're too harsh on those who didn't like the movie.

Btw, I've seen people here hate on Justin Beiber just because they dislike his music. It's kind of the same thing.

Takmeyalan te Tsu'erak 'Ewfwefpìkxap'itan

It's not so much AVATAR specifically, it's the message. We need to clean up. Do your part (hopefully your best ;D), and hopefully we can make life on earth much easier; not having to worry about pollution and all of the sort. That's all. :) :) :)
Pure white would be disturbing. :)
We don't make mistakes, we just have happy accidents.

Toruk Makto

People are people. They are free to like and dislike what they want. Some people have almost obsessed over Avatar and it isn't hard to understand why. But those that haven't aren't less because of it and shouldn't be run down for it. In this community we have a very high degree of tolerance for others (which is also a theme in the film) and it has created the most comfortable atmosphere I have ever seen on the internet. I would like to think that it is the influence of Avatar on the people here that has made it so.

Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Seze Mune

Quote from: Toruk Makto on October 20, 2011, 05:38:13 PM
People are people. They are free to like and dislike what they want. Some people have almost obsessed over Avatar and it isn't hard to understand why. But those that haven't aren't less because of it and shouldn't be run down for it. In this community we have a very high degree of tolerance for others (which is also a theme in the film) and it has created the most comfortable atmosphere I have ever seen on the internet. I would like to think that it is the influence of Avatar on the people here that has made it so.

Markì

My way of looking at the situation is that "When the Student is ready, the Teacher will come."  There are those of us who responded to the messages because we were ready to; we were primed by our life's experiences to find meaning in the film. 

Furthermore, there was more than one message, and not all of us responded to the same message.  Some of us responded to the environmental aspect, some to the social aspect, some to the love aspect.  Some people responded to the technology used to create the film.  Some people responded fearfully to it, and some just didn't respond at all.  As I said it all depends on how one's life experiences prime one to respond to it.  Imo, the film was truly multidimensional which is why so many people were impacted by it.

We are at different places in our lives, metaphorically living in different classrooms.  We choose our classrooms and our teachers.  For some of us it's Avatar.  Those who would ridicule someone else for their choice of classrooms have another lesson to learn; and some day, they will find the teacher who will teach that to them.

When the student is ready, the teacher will come......and for some of us, even a stone can be a teacher.

Human No More

If someone said that to me, they would probably be physically injured.

Just remember, 50% of people are below average. More than that are still idiots.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Human No More on October 20, 2011, 08:09:12 PM

Just remember, 50% of people are below average. More than that are still idiots.

Such animosity!  8).  You know, your 50% stats quote doesn't include the distribution. The bottom half falls off rather dramatically...

Markì

Seze Mune

Quote from: Toruk Makto on October 20, 2011, 09:45:53 PM

Such animosity!  8).  You know, your 50% stats quote doesn't include the distribution. The bottom half falls off rather dramatically...

Markì

Which may have been what he meant when he said they'd be physically injured.  ;D

Lolet

Quote from: Human No More on October 20, 2011, 08:09:12 PM

Wait, you mean that if someone said we should respect those that don't have the same taste as us, you'd hurt them? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding.  :-\

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Seze Mune on October 20, 2011, 10:03:26 PM

Markì

Which may have been what he meant when he said they'd be physically injured.  ;D

*rimshot!*

Seze Mune

Quote from: Toruk Makto on October 21, 2011, 11:45:38 AM
Quote from: Seze Mune on October 20, 2011, 10:03:26 PM

Markì

*rimshot!*

Wìya, can I have another try?   ;D

'Oma Tirea

Just finished reading this thread...

Tse, hater's gonna hate, lover's gonna love.  I'm with the OP in people not getting the message.  It seems as if being direct with said messages that are the environmental, social, love, even political aspects of the movie isn't enough....

Kop, ma HNM, are you saying that you would abuse someone for not liking what you like, or for them not learning the lesson you wan't them to learn?  It sounds like you're going against your own grain, as one of the messages from the movie is tolerance of others, and wanting to physically hurt others shows the opposite of that.  Lu ngaru tìmweypey, ma tsmuk!  Fays(awt)ute nasyume!

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Sezetirea216

Okm sorry but how did high school musical and twilight have a good message??? Idk about prince of persia cause ive never seen it but those other movies were just that, a movie. Avatar was a dream that was brought to life through hundreds of millions of dollars by a dude who actually put off producing it so it could be as good as possible, and thats just the technical side. Avatar has helped me and thousands of others to widen our veiws on different matters and conect to our enviornments and come together as one being. Im not hating on you, just trying to get that point accross  ::) but im not saying everyone has to love the movie, i get it if its just not ur thing but i wish people would stop spreading hate around as if it would make us na'vi lovers turn tail and run
Oe mäkxu ma nikre ne'ìm ulte kulat

Human No More

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on October 23, 2011, 11:51:36 PM
Just finished reading this thread...

Tse, hater's gonna hate, lover's gonna love.  I'm with the OP in people not getting the message.  It seems as if being direct with said messages that are the environmental, social, love, even political aspects of the movie isn't enough....

Kop, ma HNM, are you saying that you would abuse someone for not liking what you like, or for them not learning the lesson you wan't them to learn?  It sounds like you're going against your own grain, as one of the messages from the movie is tolerance of others, and wanting to physically hurt others shows the opposite of that.  Lu ngaru tìmweypey, ma tsmuk!  Fays(awt)ute nasyume!

Disliking it: No. I have some NARFs who are fine about it. They like things I don't, which doesn't bother me either.
Being insulting about it: Yes.

Huge difference.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Lolet

Quote from: Sezetirea216 on October 29, 2011, 02:36:52 PM
Okm sorry but how did high school musical and twilight have a good message??? Idk about prince of persia cause ive never seen it but those other movies were just that, a movie. Avatar was a dream that was brought to life through hundreds of millions of dollars by a dude who actually put off producing it so it could be as good as possible, and thats just the technical side. Avatar has helped me and thousands of others to widen our veiws on different matters and conect to our enviornments and come together as one being. Im not hating on you, just trying to get that point accross  ::) but im not saying everyone has to love the movie, i get it if its just not ur thing but i wish people would stop spreading hate around as if it would make us na'vi lovers turn tail and run

High School musical was all about following your dreams and talents, breaking out of your box and doing what feels right, not what people tell you to do. Twilight was about love or something, I never saw it.  :P

The main complaint here is that people don't get the message, but have you bothered to understand the meaning behind the things they love? When people insult Avatar, they're not trying to be mean to you, they just think the movie is silly. It's simply not their taste in movies.