Tempted to make my room into Pandora...

Started by Lynxcat, March 24, 2018, 11:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ertew

Fingers crossed for both projects - Your project and mural in TEAgaming2154 room. Both sounds very interesting.

One advice for both of You. Fluorescent mean direct conversion from UV (or blue) light to visible light. Phosphorescent mead glow in dark (plus You can draw on it using laser pointer) and a little glow under UV light.
You'll choice best technology but I recommend You phosphorescent paint, especially to create stars on ceiling.
Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

BlueHusky2154

I'm sure it would be possible to hide some UV LEDs in certain places. It would a tough wiring job though...
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)

Ertew

Light from UV LEDs is visible, at least for me. That light is safe for eyes (at least if You not look directly at high intensity light source) but blue glow may destroy effect. Maybe lot of 1W (or less) LEDs with narrow beam and adjustable power will do the trick.
You also need to pay attention to other items in Your room. Skin will appear black but toenails white, most white things (paper, fabric) - intense blue, bare white LEDs - intense yellow, various kind of dirt on skin/clothes may also glow white/yellow-ish.
Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

BlueHusky2154

Maybe even some hidden light fixtures fitted with "black light" fluorescent tubes would do the trick. Those are harder to see.
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)