What if the Na´vi had been non-humanoid?

Started by Redpaintednavi, September 30, 2010, 10:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

überdoodlet

Quote from: Yayo Seykxel on October 26, 2010, 06:33:42 AM
I think that JC intended the Na'vi to be humanoid to give them human characteristics - something WE can relate to. As you all know, the story is about "aliens" (this being the humans) attempting to take something that wasn't theirs - all to generate profit. This story is an exact "Hollywood adaption" of how indigenous people were treated. For example, the Indigineous Aboriginies were the spiritual owners of Australia and when the Eurotrash arrived, they assumed that the Aboriginies would give the land to them upon their arrival. As someone said before, Avatar promoted free thinking and deciding what to do because you felt it was right - regardless of orders. To create a fictional yet quite real adaption of an Indigenous culture was done so that they could be relateable, so that we could use it as self reflection.  Parker (the corporate skxawng), was a representation of human greed whilst Jake Sully was a representation of goodness. Two favourable sides were presented in the movie, but naturally, you would be drawn to the side of the Na'vi because YOU relate to them.

JC really showed how disgusting us humans can be when money is a factor.
Just like I said earlier. Seeing the Na'vi vaguely resemble us; their expressions and emotions are similar. It makes it that much easier to connect to the story, with empathy.

Human No More

I'm not sure on the skin colour... certainly, blue is my favourite colour and I love it ;D , but it could still have worked with another... blue is just the best colour - it's mentioned somewhere that is's actually a colour everyone likes, and colours like red are too aggressive and also harder to fit in with the rest of the environments, green would have blended in too much and is a cliche anyway (plus makes relatively little biological sense in mammals)
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

überdoodlet

Thinking about it, orange, yellow, purple, they all seem too exotic and eye catching...
Blue is one of the only colors... Regardless, I still like blue.   ;D

Lolet

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on October 26, 2010, 02:02:13 PM
QuoteI don't know, that big boy is damn sexy...  ;)
QuoteDon't you just want him to rub them all over you?   I should marry him.
QuoteOoh... that's my new husband!
QuoteLike that hot-bodied sea beastie... 

He looked like he could rip off Godzilla's head!
QuoteGet me his number. We'll be married in Vegas. A June wedding!

All this talking and day-dreaming about Cthulhu...
What's suddenly so wrong with ngeyä yawne Rakan  :(? I thought he was the only one for you  :(!

CAN'T A GIRL HAVE THE HOTS FOR TWO ALIEN DUDES?!

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Quote from: Lolet Maticay Tsam'Tirea Omatikaya on October 26, 2010, 08:58:25 PM
Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on October 26, 2010, 02:02:13 PM
QuoteI don't know, that big boy is damn sexy...  ;)
QuoteDon't you just want him to rub them all over you?   I should marry him.
QuoteOoh... that's my new husband!
QuoteLike that hot-bodied sea beastie... 

He looked like he could rip off Godzilla's head!
QuoteGet me his number. We'll be married in Vegas. A June wedding!

All this talking and day-dreaming about Cthulhu...
What's suddenly so wrong with ngeyä yawne Rakan  :(? I thought he was the only one for you  :(!

CAN'T A GIRL HAVE THE HOTS FOR TWO ALIEN DUDES?!
Don't you know how old Cthulhu is? ;)

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

all i can say is that blue skin is "Terribly sexy" and i would like to "blank your brains out"
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

oh, and to stay slightly on topic... if the na'vi hadn't looked like what they looked then... well lets just look at this example.  Would you want to _____ a murloc? they are still humanoid.  the humanoid definition if a very broad one.  so, things can still be pretty crazy while still being humanoid(back to murloc example)(who doesn't know what a murloc is?)  regardless, they HAD to be aesthetically pleasing.
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

QuoteCAN'T A GIRL HAVE THE HOTS FOR TWO ALIEN DUDES?!

Well... i just... i thought you where faithful to Rakan  :'(!!!
You've made me cry :'( !!!
Rakan is going to be sooo pissed off when he hears about this!
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lolet

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on October 27, 2010, 02:45:10 PM

Well... i just... i thought you where faithful to Rakan  :'(!!!

I'm sorry.  :( Don't tell.

Quote from: Lolet Maticay Tsam'Tirea Omatikaya on October 27, 2010, 08:55:27 PM

Well... i just... i thought you where faithful to Rakan  :'(!!!

I'm sorry.  :( Don't tell.
Woah, Lolet...first the kissies everywhere :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* , and now Cthulhu?  Rakan better not hear about this. ::) (I won't tell)

In addition, if they were reptilian or insectoid, they would've been harder to "tsaheylu" with as well. ::)

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Tsäroltxe (Tskalepä Tsamsiyu) on October 27, 2010, 09:29:27 PM
Quote from: Lolet Maticay Tsam'Tirea Omatikaya on October 27, 2010, 08:55:27 PM

Well... i just... i thought you where faithful to Rakan  :'(!!!

I'm sorry.  :( Don't tell.
Woah, Lolet...first the kissies everywhere :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* , and now Cthulhu?  Rakan better not hear about this. ::) (I won't tell)

In addition, if they were reptilian or insectoid, they would've been harder to "tsaheylu" with as well. ::)

Rakan should be proud, the other alien is an elder god from beyond space and time immemorial, and not some schmuck.
私は太った男だ。

Lolet

Proud that I have such excellent taste in men?
:-* :-* :-* :-*
:-*  :-*

Lolet

The kissies are everywhere again!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
:-* :-*                          :-*
                     :-*

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*                   :-* :-* :-* :-*                   

Yayo

;D                 ;D       ;D ;D ;D            ;D                     ;D        ;D      
;D                 ;D       ;D        ;D         ;D                     ;D        ;D
;D                 ;D       ;D          ;D       ;D                     ;D        ;D
;D                 ;D       ;D          ;D       ;D                     ;D        ;D        
    ;D ;D ;D ;D           ;D                     ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D     ;D
;D                 ;D       ;D ;D ;D            ;D                     ;D        ;D
;D                 ;D       ;D   ;D              ;D                     ;D        ;D
;D                 ;D       ;D     ;D            ;D                     ;D        ;D
;D                 ;D       ;D       ;D          ;D                     ;D        
;D                 ;D       ;D         ;D        ;D                     ;D        ;D

Failure...

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Lolet

I thought it was pretty cool...  :-*

Dang. De-railed the thread again.  8)

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Human No More

"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

'Oma Tirea

*wonders if thread may have to be split... ::)*

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!