When is the last time u saw AVATAR

Started by Hufwe ta'em, March 04, 2011, 07:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamean

Why she let you see it? :o :-\
QuoteEvery time I ask if I can buy it she says no.
You may download it. ;)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Irtaviš Ačankif

Quote from: Äteya on October 11, 2011, 09:25:35 PM
For me this is a very sad question.  :'(
I have only seen Avatar ONCE!!!
I only got to see it because my grandpa was visiting and he takes us to the movies and Avatar was out so we went to it in 3D.
If my mom knew what it was like she would never let us see it. Every time I ask if I can buy it she says no. :'(
I'll probably have to wait till I'm in collage to see it again. :'( 
Lucky I'll be old enough to go when Avatar 2 comes out :), I hope.
Why? I mean, it isn't R-rated or something. Does your mom has Na'viphobia?  ;D By the way my mom doesn't like Avatar, but doesn't think it is bad for me either. She quite accepts the fact that I like it.
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Äteya

She thinks it's too violent, too much swearing, and she doesn't like it that they're running around almost naked. I couldn't watch it without her permission because I just can't do that and there's no way I could do it without her finding out because I'd be wandering pointlessly around the house smiling like I do after I get to watch Harry Potter or Doctor Who. Like this ;D.

Kamean

Irtaviš Ačankif

Quote from: Äteya on October 13, 2011, 08:11:38 AM
She thinks it's too violent, too much swearing, and she doesn't like it that they're running around almost naked. I couldn't watch it without her permission because I just can't do that and there's no way I could do it without her finding out because I'd be wandering pointlessly around the house smiling like I do after I get to watch Harry Potter or Doctor Who. Like this ;D.
Hmm...I'm thinking of my project to edit Avatar from PG-13 to PG...maybe that will be for you, though I'm not sure how i can give it to you without violating JC's copyright.

Ricardo

In Germany the law says that you can give a copy of stuff to up to 7 friends.
I looked a bit for American laws but all I could find was the "Fair use policy" which didn't satisfy me.
What about if you want to share a changed version? Don't know. German law is difficult enough. American seems even worse sometimes.

Äteya, I just don't understand your mom's point of view. Is she some kind of hardcore Christian or something?
At least it's a very sad situation for you.  :'(

Irtaviš Ačankif

She is probably the kind of person who thinks that children are vases made out of super thin glass. Additionally, she might think that you will imitate everybody you look like 2 year olds do, such as learning Grace's swearing and bad Na'vi  ;D.

I think you need to talk to your mom about it by explaining that you know that swearing is bad, violence is bad etc but that all movies as a necessity have bad guys.  ;D

Human No More

Point out a bit about its message, and how it shows that there are always people who will do the right thing, and maybe that will help :)
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Äteya

Quote from: Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng on October 13, 2011, 10:44:07 AM
Quote from: Äteya on October 13, 2011, 08:11:38 AM
Hmm...I'm thinking of my project to edit Avatar from PG-13 to PG...maybe that will be for you, though I'm not sure how i can give it to you without violating JC's copyright.
That would be awesome!
I think I might have figured out why I can't watch it, my younger brother. I think she thinks it's to old for him and if he knew I saw it without him he would be mad(like this  >:( ), and she doesn't think it's a awesome movie(it's not original is what she says) :'( . And maybe telling her I'm going to join a real life na'vi tribe has made her a bit against it.  I don't swear at all and I never will. She's not a hard core Christian or any thing like that.
I think I might be wearing her down though, maybe if I find a good way to ask her(without my brother watching it to) I might just convince her :-\

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Earlier tonight, I talked my CA into having an Avatar movie night in my dorm tonight :D

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Eichhörnchen

Kaltxì ma aysmukan si aysmuke

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on September 20, 2011, 02:39:40 PM
A long time ago.. :-\

For me as well...  October 24, 2010   :( :( :(

Currently, almost all of my free time is needed for my 'itetsyìp. :-*

Eywa ayngahu,

Eichhörnchen ( Robert )
kxetse sì mikyun kop plltxe

Hufwe ta'em

i found dust on the blue-ray case :(
that mean i have to watch it maybe next weekend.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Hufwe ta'em on November 15, 2011, 09:13:57 AM
i found dust on the blue-ray case :(
Same here...It'll be 6 months on Thursday :( I'll have to try to watch it over thanksgiving break (next week).

I generally enjoy being busy and productive (hence all the programming and other stuff I do), but this is one of the few times when I can say that's a bad thing.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

hemmond

Finally! :)

Seen it about 8 hour ago!!!  ;D ;D ;D
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

Kamean

Tsmuktengan

Two weeks ago.

Actually I had and have the opportunity to sometimes see it again with some other friends. A lot of them love the film but only saw the first version of the film in theaters, and rarely the Special version. They are even moe impressed by the Collector version they feel is much better and complete although it is in 2D.

guest2859

I'm looking at about... 7 months ago? Though a lot of it I still remember.

sevina tireaioang aean

Syulang

Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

archaic

One hour ago.  :D
Still likes, but did spot another continuity error ::)
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.