You will boycott AVATAR 2 or 3 when...

Started by Irtaviš Ačankif, September 22, 2011, 01:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following events will make you boycott AVATAR 2 or 3?

Avatar 2 is the same old story of the humans coming back, another AVTR, another love story, another Toruk Makto, and another war.
0 (0%)
JC decides to throw Frommer away and use gibberish for Na'vi in Avatar 2 and 3
3 (11.1%)
Neytiri looks like she's made of plastic and speaks worse Na'vi than Grace does
0 (0%)
Avatar 2 and 3 does have Na'vi, but with ASG words and horrible pronounciation
0 (0%)
Cameron completely messes AVATAR 2 up, with no Na'vi language, fake exaggerated 3D, a bad unrealistically left-wing storyline (no offense, but like the unofficial AVTR 2 at this forum), totally bad motion capture, &c
2 (7.4%)
All of the above
10 (37%)
OE LÌSYU NA'VIYÄ HAPXÌTU FRAKRR! I WILL ALWAYS LOVE AVATAR AND WHATEVER COMES AFTER IT!
12 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Irtaviš Ačankif

I know you all love AVATAR, but what are the criteria for you losing your Na'vi-ness and changing back to simply a Na'vi-speaking tawtute?  :-X
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Txura Rolyu

I will always love the "first" Avatar.  ;D <3
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Frakrr lasyu oeru yawne Uniltìrantokx. Ke tsun oe ronsrelngivop futa tsaw ftayang livu oeru yawne. Kawkrr ke layu oe tawtute nìmun. Kawkrr.

I will always love Avatar. I can't imagine that I will ever stop loving it. I will never be a skyperson again. Never.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Irtaviš Ačankif

What if (a enormously big if) JC decided to use gibberish in AVTR 2 and 3, dump the original AVTR and its language into non-canon, and got filthy rich from those movies? In essence, what if he destroyed the Na'vi world that exists now?

Whyyy on earth (or Pandora) would he ever do that?  :o

-Txonä Rolyu

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng on September 22, 2011, 04:22:08 AM
What if (a enormously big if) JC decided to use gibberish in AVTR 2 and 3, dump the original AVTR and its language into non-canon, and got filthy rich from those movies? In essence, what if he destroyed the Na'vi world that exists now?

You can rest easy. That isn't going to happen.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Eana Tanhì

even if the Avatar 2 is trash, I will always love the first one ;D

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Irtaviš Ačankif

Quote from: Eana Tanhì on September 22, 2011, 07:56:21 AM
Oe mllte nìtxan! Maybe I should change it to "You will boycott AVATAR 2 if..." It is simply to test how bad Pandora needs to be messed up for you to leave it.

'Oma Tirea

What would really set me apart is if the language got disrespected, even a little bit, and as a matter of a fact this is my main concern.  Informal Na'vi is understandable, but the butchering should be kept to a minimum, and the actors should really know what they're doing!  Next down the line would be if Cameron doesn't stay true to the Pandoran nature, and that's very unlikely to happen, nìawnomum :)

Other than that, mllte oe hu Txonä Rolyu.  Kawkrr ke tsun oe slivu tawtute nìmun. 

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

DJ Makto

Knowing Cameron's eye for detail/quality, and his track record of producing great movies and good sequels...

I think we can rest easy for the most part.

Irtaviš Ačankif

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on September 22, 2011, 11:47:42 PM
What would really set me apart is if the language got disrespected, even a little bit, and as a matter of a fact this is my main concern.  Informal Na'vi is understandable, but the butchering should be kept to a minimum, and the actors should really know what they're doing!  Next down the line would be if Cameron doesn't stay true to the Pandoran nature, and that's very unlikely to happen, nìawnomum :)

Other than that, mllte oe hu Txonä Rolyu.  Kawkrr ke tsun oe slivu tawtute nìmun. 
How about ASG words or gibberish? Maybe Frommer would be too busy when AVATAR 2 comes out. Look at my sig - can you understand THAT Na'vi?

Ngaytxoa...I didn't mean to reference Disney in this post

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on September 23, 2011, 02:33:41 AM
Cameron knows exactly what he wants right down to the rocks...literally. I could tell a story from the June meet up if you like. I'm SURE he's not going to disappoint in the next 2 Avatars *. Cameron will not let Disney [bleep] up his movie. If he don't like something he won't hesitate to make it known.

-Txonä Rolyu

I had just been reading the Disney thread before posting in here. My bad :-[ I've edited it to make it say what I wanted it to say.

-Txonä Rolyu

Seseni

Quote from: DJ Makto on September 23, 2011, 12:33:15 AM
Knowing Cameron's eye for detail/quality, and his track record of producing great movies and good sequels...

I think we can rest easy for the most part.

Oe mllte! He has already made to sequels that were better than the original (Aliens and Terminator 2: Judgement Day), and he didn't even direct the original! I can only imagine good things coming from a sequel to his own movie.

Since the language is arguably the most important part of the fandom, I really don't think that he will disrespect Frommer. I just hope the actors put in the time to learn to speak well.

The only thing that will prevent me from seeing it is if it has the same plot, like mentioned in the poll.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Irtaviš Ačankif

Outside of LN.org it seems that the Na'vi language is a quite insignificant and unessential part of the movie experience. For example on Avatar Forums there aren't many people speaking Na'vi, and AFAIK JC doesn't learn Na'vi, nor does he care so much about whether the Na'vi is correct or not. Example would be ASG. I kind of have the feeling that AVATAR 2 will not be great in the plot since AVATAR is a pretty much finished plot, and also that he will use a bunch of bad Na'vi, since he'll think "nobody understands it anyway."

At least in China every single person I met thought that Na'vi was simply gibberish.

Kamean

Quote from: Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng on September 22, 2011, 09:23:40 AM
Quote from: Eana Tanhì on September 22, 2011, 07:56:21 AM
Oe mllte nìtxan! Maybe I should change it to "You will boycott AVATAR 2 if..." It is simply to test how bad Pandora needs to be messed up for you to leave it.
Oe nìteng, talun layu oe Na'viyä hapxì nìfrakrr. :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Txur’Itan

I am pretty easy to please by comparison to professional movie critics, so he would probably have to hit those failure points and a few extras pretty hard. 

Not impossible, but unlikely providing he sticks to his obsessive approach to film making.  He has a track record for upping the wow factor on films and not settling for mediocrity.  So at the very least, if the story blows, it wills till be pretty cool to watch. 

Plus being able to talk to the SFX leadership at the Seattle panel  in June, gave me confidence in the eventuality of something new for Avatar 2.

He may be derided for not making an original story, but he is not the worst offender, and as far as lame factor in sequels, it is always hit or miss with most film making teams, so you never know until you see the movie yourself anyhow.
私は太った男だ。

Dreamlight

Well, for me abandoning the language (or its creator) in favor of gibberish just might get my goat.  Okay it'll get a whole herd of goats.  I have to agree with Eana Tanhì, though; however bad the sequel turns out, I will always love the original.
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

Quote from: Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng on September 23, 2011, 03:56:44 AM
Outside of LN.org it seems that the Na'vi language is a quite insignificant and unessential part of the movie experience. For example on Avatar Forums there aren't many people speaking Na'vi, and AFAIK JC doesn't learn Na'vi, nor does he care so much about whether the Na'vi is correct or not. Example would be ASG. I kind of have the feeling that AVATAR 2 will not be great in the plot since AVATAR is a pretty much finished plot, and also that he will use a bunch of bad Na'vi, since he'll think "nobody understands it anyway."

At least in China every single person I met thought that Na'vi was simply gibberish.

.....Something tells me Cameron has at least a slight inkling of the community that has formed around the language. He may not know how many people really speak it, but I'm sure he knows there are some.

And here in Redlands, California USA everyone I've talked to at my university thinks it's pretty cool that I speak Na'vi. Even the people who aren't that much in to Avatar.

-Txonä Rolyu

Irtaviš Ačankif

I think that you are kind of not understanding my question. I meant to ask when you will leave the AVATAR franchise or fictional universe. It's like how people abandoned the Star Wars universe when Clone Wars came out. This has nothing to do with whether or not you like the original movie  ;D

archaic

I would not abandon the community because of a bad sequel or II.

I'm fairly sure Cameron wont wreck the sequels.
My only worry would be if he wasn't involved. Eywa forbid he should die before they are made. :-X
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.