10th 9/11 anniversary

Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, September 06, 2011, 01:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

on september 11(sunday) is it 10 years since the terror attack in New York and Washington DC, who happened 11th of september 2001.

There will be many tributes to mark the 10th anniversary of those who died on 9/11. Olivia Lichtenstein's film offers an unusual and particularly poignant view. Of the almost 3,000 people who perished in the attacks on the Twin Towers, as many as 46 were twins. Lichtenstein meets some of the surviving twins and gives voice to the sense of loss they felt when their sibling died.
The effect of her documentary is twofold. We are reminded again of the confusion and terror that spread that day. We also get an insight into the bond between twins and how it colours their lives. Childhood memories, snapshots of the day itself, and the effects of grief are movingly told here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/8742421/911-anniversary-the-best-of-TV-and-radio.html

White House Issues Guides on Sept. 11 Observances

WASHINGTON — The White House has issued detailed guidelines to government officials on how to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, with instructions to honor the memory of those who died on American soil but also to recall that Al Qaeda and other extremist groups have since carried out attacks elsewhere in the world, from Mumbai to Manila.

The White House in recent days has quietly disseminated two sets of documents. One is framed for overseas allies and their citizens and was sent to American embassies and consulates around the globe. The other includes themes for Americans here and underscores the importance of national service and what the government has done to prevent another major attack in the United States. That single-page document was issued to all federal agencies, officials said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/30/us/politics/30terror.html

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

for the heroes and victims of 9/11; livu ayngahu Eywa.

I was only ten years old on that day. I remember how horrible it is, but couldn't quite grasp the tragedy of it until I was older. I sometimes wish I was older when it happened. but maybe it was a good thing I wasn't? :-\

so tragic, so horrible. I'll never understand why the human race hates and hurts. you don't see the animal kingdom going to war with another.
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Swoka Ikran

I remember seeing the news that day...was 9 years old.

One of the the saddest and most tragic events in recent history. :(
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Syulang

It is indeed very sad. I saw a show about it once and the bravery of the passengers, giving up their lives to save other people, made me cry. :(

I was only 5, but I don't remember hearing about that at the time.

Livu ayfo run fpom Eywahu
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Txantslusam Skxawng

I was 7... I can remember making a collage with pics I found in newspaper. It is probably now somewhere stuffed away in a dusty box. And every year, I always think... oh, the Pentagon was also attacked.

How far are they actually on the new building?
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Seze Mune

In my opinion, what should be remembered is that we are all one people.  On one level, to attack any people, any nation, is to attack all of humanity.  The most important things to come out of that day are the individual expressions of courage, of compassion and of unity.  THOSE are the things we need to be reminded of.

Just my opinion.  Your mileage may vary.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Seze Mune on September 07, 2011, 07:47:44 AM
In my opinion, what should be remembered is that we are all one people.  On one level, to attack any people, any nation, is to attack all of humanity.  The most important things to come out of that day are the individual expressions of courage, of compassion and of unity.  THOSE are the things we need to be reminded of.

we are all one in every disaster, we all people, almost 7 billion, we taking care of eachother, that is what we are for, we work together. It is just stupid that we war

ooh thought about this song "War, what is it good for"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SV42comHFE&feature=related

Seze Mune

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on September 07, 2011, 11:10:39 AM
Quote from: Seze Mune on September 07, 2011, 07:47:44 AM

we are all one in every disaster, we all people, almost 7 billion, we taking care of eachother, that is what we are for, we work together. It is just stupid that we war

ooh thought about this song "War, what is it good for"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SV42comHFE&feature=related

Fì'u~lì'u!!  Tslolam, ma tsmukan.

and that, ma Seze, is what devastates me the most about being such an intelligent creature, among others who can be absolutely beautiful souls, and have others kill each other. :'( everyone says this, but I am 100% truthful when I say if I could have one wish, it would be world peace. 100%.

Seze Mune

Quote from: Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite on September 07, 2011, 02:06:48 PM
and that, ma Seze, is what devastates me the most about being such an intelligent creature, among others who can be absolutely beautiful souls, and have others kill each other. :'( everyone says this, but I am 100% truthful when I say if I could have one wish, it would be world peace. 100%.

Oel ngati kameie, ma Neyn'ite and I believe you.   I would sit at that campfire anytime.

My own conundrum is what happens even amongst friends and family. World peace is the collective manifestation of many individuals making peace with their own families, friends, neighbors, communities. IOW if we find it difficult to have peace there, how can we have peace at the national/world level?

I get caught here.  How do you have peace with people who aren't kind to you, mistreat you, lie to/about you, steal from you, or hurt you?  I don't know how to do that.  I am not a saint.

But still, I wish for world (and personal) peace.   

in that way, you cannot have peace with people. personally, I avoid those people so I can avoid hate, ignorance and violence. you're right that you cannot have world peace without being at peace with those immediately around you- however, if humans were never that way in the first place, we wouldn't have that problem.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Seze Mune

I wonder how many of these guys are still with us today?

archaic

Imho, not many. :(

No one expected a total collapse.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Seze Mune

It wasn't built for the punishment it took.  The replacements probably aren't either.