2016 Natural Selection Awards in Yellowstone National Park

Started by BlueHusky2154, June 09, 2016, 08:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueHusky2154

You guys may have been paying attention to the things happening in Yellowstone lately. I was there a week ago.
-Tourists put bison calf in back of SUV
-Canadian adventurers wander onto Grand Prismatic Spring
-Boy is burned by hot spring
-Man boiled alive in hot spring
-Group of tourists wander onto Grand Prismatic (AGAIN)

Are people really this stupid?  >:(
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

And just a day or two ago, a guy was seriously hurt or killed by an adult bison. We held bison at the zoo for many years; they are not animals to be trifled with. And although 'Honey' was pretty gentle, we always 'bribed' her with a bucket of 'cob' (Corn-Oats-Barley, which is like candy for runimants) so we could work in peace.

When Honey died, they buried her next to Hobbs the liger. A giant posthumous meal for a giant posthumous cat ;) Now, Kailika, our other posthmous liger is buried on the other side of Honey ;) Herbivores get no respect  :palulukan:

I remarked yesterday on Facebook that we should release hyenas in Yellowstone to eat the idiots  :palulukan:

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tìtstewan

Unfortunately, a lot of people tend to underestimate the danger of the nature...

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

BlueHusky2154

Yeah. When I was there I overheard some city folk complaining for the stupidest reason.
"They should train the animals here so that they come out and we can see them. This was a waste of money and time."
;D Apparently someone doesn't understand the concept of a WILD ANIMAL, and that a national park is certainly not a zoo.
It truly amazes me how people can be so stupid. The pamphlet given to you upon entry says: Stay 100yd from bears and wolves, and stay 25yd away from any othet wildlife.
Even the signs on the boardwalks in thermal areas clearly state that going off the boardwalk/trail is dangerous to you and the environment, and is also highly illegal. But people continue to break the rules, put themselves in danger and the environment in danger. Some even purposely ignore the signs just to get that "perfect" selfie (*cough* High on Life SundayFundayz *cough*).
I am honestly afraid that people like this are going to ruin it for everyone. We could eventually be on seeing thermal areas from behind plexiglas, going on guided supervised tours (*cough* North Korea *cough*), tourism be restricted to locals (Montana, Wyoming, Idaho) only, or even worse, be closed to the public.
It's my favorite national park, and I don't want to see it end up like that because of stupid people. The park is for "the benefit and enjoyment of the people." That's the official motto of the park. I think they really need to do something about the current problem. I don't know what, but something.

P.S. My Yellowstone 2016 photo album is on my Facebook. Go check it out if you haven't seen it yet.  :)
My life summarized.

archaic

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on June 09, 2016, 03:10:10 PM
I remarked yesterday on Facebook that we should release hyenas in Yellowstone to eat the idiots  :palulukan:
To eat all the idiots?

How many hyena's have you got?
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

BlueHusky2154

Quote from: archaic on June 25, 2016, 04:55:15 PM
To eat all the idiots?

I'm pretty sure that would screw up Yellowstone's pristine ecosystem. How about mountain lions instead. The idiots will think the big cats are tame like house cats.  ;D
My life summarized.

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

Quote from: TEAgaming2154 on June 25, 2016, 05:29:50 PM
To eat all the idiots?

I'm pretty sure that would screw up Yellowstone's pristine ecosystem. How about mountain lions instead. The idiots will think the big cats are tame like house cats.  ;D

Are mountain lions some kind of Palulukans :palulukan: on 'Rrta? If so, that would be enough. :)
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

BlueHusky2154

Quote from: Hahaw[hhvhhvcz] on June 26, 2016, 03:13:19 PM
Quote from: TEAgaming2154 on June 25, 2016, 05:29:50 PM
To eat all the idiots?

Are mountain lions some kind of Palulukans :palulukan: on 'Rrta? If so, that would be enough. :)
Mountain lions (Puma concolor) are large cats native to the Americas. They can easily kill humans.
My life summarized.