A Letter To My Husband?

Started by Kekerusey, October 07, 2012, 02:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kekerusey

Apparently this one is doing the rounds, it isn't true but I thought I'd share it because it made me laugh  ;D

To my  darling husband,

Before you return from your overseas trip I just want to let you know about the small accident I had with your
car when I turned into the driveway..... 

Fortunately not too bad and I really didn't get hurt, so please don't worry  too much about me. 

I was coming home from the supermarket and when I turned into the driveway.
I accidentally pushed down on the accelerator instead of the brake.   

The garage door is slightly bent but your car fortunately came to a halt when it bumped into your second car.

I am really sorry, but I know with your kind-hearted personality you will forgive  me.
You know how much I love you and care for you my sweetheart. 

I am enclosing a photo for you.

I cannot wait to hold you in my arms again.   

Your loving wife.

XX

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

P.S. Your girlfriend phoned.

That definitely amused me ;D

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Taronyu Leleioae

HRH!

I actually remember this picture as the plates were out of Arkansas which look similar to Massachusetts.  I think it was actually caused by a teenager driving while playing with his cell phone (probably texting...) and lost control.  From what I recall, he not only wiped out the Ferrari, but another couple of motorcycles and another car in the driveway...

Although my state isn't immune from this either.  Here is how creative parking is done around the Boston area...   

How is London parking?  ;)

Kekerusey

Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on October 07, 2012, 04:31:22 PMAlthough my state isn't immune from this either.  Here is how creative parking is done around the Boston area... 

Wow!!!

Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on October 07, 2012, 04:31:22 PMHow is London parking?

I don't know that much about it as I live and work quite a way from it ... we (they?) have congestion charges and stuff which I guess reduces the traffic and so parking and my youngest brother has a weird city way of driving (very pushy and seems inconsiderate) I don't get at all since I live in a more rural area (not countryside per se but much more so than him). He doesn't understand my way of driving either but then he would no more think of living out where I do than I would of where he does.

The truly interesting city from the point of view of parking is Paris where they all (except on hills of course) leave their handbrakes off ... Parisian driver comes along, sees a space half the size of their car and literally shunts the other vehicles along (back & forth) until they have created a space big enough for their car. Saw it myself, damned near got hit by a driver as (with my English way of thinking) I didn't realise they'd do that. In the French provincves they seem quite normal but Paris ... still I'm sure driving & parking behaviour must vary all over the world.

Keke

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

If you look at the damage on the Ferrari (ouch!), the truck, and the garage ceiling, the only way this could happen is if this truck was airborne. How the driver of that pickup ever manged that is probably a pretty good story in itself! Sounds like more than 'distracted driving' to me! ::)

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Kekerusey

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 08, 2012, 01:14:27 AM
If you look at the damage on the Ferrari (ouch!), the truck, and the garage ceiling, the only way this could happen is if this truck was airborne. How the driver of that pickup ever manged that is probably a pretty good story in itself! Sounds like more than 'distracted driving' to me! ::)

Or Photoshop? Possibly not but sometimes you have to wonder!

Ultimately, real or not, I just liked the humour.

Keke

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

That is almost certainly a real picture. There are too many details in there for it to have easily been 'shopped.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Taronyu Leleioae

OK, five minutes with Google and I found the originals...

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/darling.asp

Commentary from another website:
QuoteSnopes.com has the background info about what happened: "This picture actually captures the aftermath of an July 2005 accident in Fort Smith, Arkansas, the result of a teenage driver who was distracted by a cell phone and ran his Ford F-150 pickup truck off the road, sending the vehicle airborne and launching it into a garage, where it came to rest atop a Ferrari:
A Fort Smith family had their home remodeled, unintentionally, after a pickup truck landed in their garage on top of a 2000 Ferrari.

The accident happened just before four Sunday evening on Jenny Lind Road in Fianna Hills. According to the police report, the teenage driver reached for a cell phone and ran off the road and became airborne. He caused about two hundred thousand dollars worth of damage to the garage, the Ferrari, a PT Cruiser as well as 2 motorcycles.

The speed limit is posted at 30 miles per hour, but the owner of the damaged home as well as neighbors say there have been plenty of problems in the past. It's been nonstop traffic for the neighborhood with a steady stream of cars driving by to get a view of a flattened Ferrari and devastated garage.

Owner Steve Marts wasn't home at the time of the accident, but got the bad news over the phone. "I was just numb, just real numb," Marts said."

I suppose FORD could have used this in conjunction with their advertising slogan, "Built FORD tough!"   ;D

I give the pickup credit though.  It protected the driver who was able to walk away after being stupid. 
I'd hate to see what his insurance premiums turned into (afterwards) though...

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Hahahahahahaha  ;D! Very funny, indeed, even if the story to the picture wasn't true  :). I just love reading these kinds of (i suppose sometimes fake) incredible stories, such as iPhone auto-correct mistakes, on funny pics. websites, which a classmate of mine has really gotten me into. We sometimes laugh our asses off to these kinds of things during breaks  ;D.
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kekerusey

Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on October 08, 2012, 06:46:45 PM
OK, five minutes with Google and I found the originals...

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/darling.asp

Yep, same link that led me to say it wasn't true :)

Keke