General Discussion > General Discussion

Artificial, Vat-Grown Meat: Yum or Dumb?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Toruk Makto:

--- Quote from: Coyote on January 15, 2010, 02:43:00 pm ---But do they? Look at population trends worldwide; in places where there is plenty to eat (the "First World") the birthrate goes down as parents concentrate resources on raising one or two healthy kids. As it is, with food scarce, they breed like rabbits because they expect a high attrition rate. It's counter-intuitive, but there it is.

--- End quote ---

That's actually a very good argument. Perhaps instead of making more people, we just get fatter people  ;)

Tirealì'u:
Heard about the artificial meat.

I'd try it. :-P

I ate snail, I'll try anything.

Suteyä Hawnuyu:
Sounds disgusting. I am sure that they are unable to duplicate the sublime tastes of a good cut of steak.

Kretän:
So long as it tastes the same, I think this is a great idea. Even if its grown in the lab, its the same stuff (assuming they perfect it) and I personally wouldn't have any problems eating it. (Ok, maybe I'd be a bit unsure to begin with, wouldn't know what to expect, but i'm pretty sure it would work :))

I wonder if it would ever be a crime to get meat from animals?
Lol, if this became the norm, in 300 years people will look back and be like "People used to chop animals up and cook them to get food. Disgusting. Aren't you gald you don't have to live in those times!" :O

Just like we look back on so many things in history. Operations without anaesthitic, throwing toilet waste into the streets. Disease, infection. Bad times! :O

Suteyä Hawnuyu:

--- Quote from: Kretän on January 16, 2010, 11:22:52 pm ---So long as it tastes the same, I think this is a great idea. Even if its grown in the lab, its the same stuff (assuming they perfect it) and I personally wouldn't have any problems eating it. (Ok, maybe I'd be a bit unsure to begin with, wouldn't know what to expect, but i'm pretty sure it would work :))

I wonder if it would ever be a crime to get meat from animals?
Lol, if this became the norm, in 300 years people will look back and be like "People used to chop animals up and cook them to get food. Disgusting. Aren't you gald you don't have to live in those times!" :O

Just like we look back on so many things in history. Operations without anaesthitic, throwing toilet waste into the streets. Disease, infection. Bad times! :O

--- End quote ---

Perhaps it would work. Whenever I think of artificial meat, I think of a rubber slab that is oozing blood. If I keep that in my head, my brain will most likely warp the taste of the artificial meat in a detrimental way. I am sure that I am not the only one that would experience this; many others are not fond of change.

I think about that sometimes. One day, my kids will be asking me if I have any of my old 2000's clothes that they could wear for 2000's day at their school. :P Crazy stuff!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version