Started by Rogue Aw, May 09, 2019, 08:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Aw

Sorry, just had to vent. I was checking one of my SW pages, and they had a post on how Avatar was really that good. What they posted just got to me. I've been a SW fan since 1983, and, just within the last 3-4 years that fandom has really gotten toxic. Seems they think if a movie isn't part of the SW universe, it sucks. I watch movies from a bunch of different franchisees, SW, ST, HP, TF, and I have not once badmouth them just for the soul reason they are not Star Wars. The Avatar fan base seems to be far more relaxed, and, quite frankly, more enjoyable than 3/4 of the SW pages I belong to. I love SW, and I always well, just not the toxic fans that have turned the SW fandom against itself.

Rant off.

I'm glad to have a place like this that can be enjoyable, thank you guys!!
Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi.
(Do or do not, there is no try).

Eìrä

I am an Avatar fan and a Star Wars fan too!
I love Star Wars since i was little and this movie, Star Wars is amazing and my first favorite movie!
Avatar too! So, between Star Wars and Avatar both are equal! :D ;)
The people which did that on the SW fandom are stupid!

I am a fan of Science Fiction movies!
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!
LN Community - Second Family and Home!

Feel Free To Correct My Na'vi Writing If I Did Mistakes!
 Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!
Nìolo' Pxoeng Seykxel Ma Eylan!

KEMÌRI A NGARU PRRTE' KE LU, TSAKEM RÄ'Ä SIVI AYLAHERU!

Ta:Eìrä :-*

Rogue Aw

I've been a Science Fiction fan since I saw Return of the Jedi in 1983. Since then, I have watched and enjoyed the Terminator series, Star Trek series, Harry Potter series (my family's favorite by far), Lord of the Rings series, The Hunger Games series, and starting to watch the MCU movies this weekend. I like all kinds of movies, so, I just don't talk crap about them just because they are not SW. I believe I will like the rest of the Avatar movies as they come out just as much as the others
Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi.
(Do or do not, there is no try).

Eìrä

I saw The Last Jedi and almost all the movies you mentioned here!
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!

Nyx

Quote from: Rogue Aw on May 09, 2019, 10:56:24 AM
I've been a Science Fiction fan since I saw Return of the Jedi in 1983. Since then, I have watched and enjoyed the Terminator series, Star Trek series, Harry Potter series (my family's favorite by far), Lord of the Rings series, The Hunger Games series, and starting to watch the MCU movies this weekend. I like all kinds of movies, so, I just don't talk crap about them just because they are not SW. I believe I will like the rest of the Avatar movies as they come out just as much as the others

You're starting the MCU just now? How have you avoided it all this time?  ;D You've got some good times ahead  :D Also, have you read HP since you like the movies?  I grew up with the books and they're just a part of me now.

As for fandoms, yeah, it seems many get toxic at times, I don't know if it's just because when there's a lot of people in general, there will be more bad eggs and they're loud. I haven't really ventured outside of LN for my Avatar fix (only lurked on Tree of Souls a bit) but this is seriously the most peaceful place on the internet. Even when it was at its most busy. So yeah, I get that idea too that we're very chill. But why hate on stuff? Live and let live, man!

archaic

Is it just me, or did the SW fandom become more toxic starting from the time of the release of Force Awakens?

I liked SW, episodes 4, 5 and 6 were great, episodes 1, 2 and 3 mildly disappointing, episode 7 more disappointing. Of the rest, I have only watched Rogue 1, which I liked (despite the obvious problems with it).
Terminator I liked, even if Salvation was a bit weak.
I like Star Trek generally, I liked Next Gen back in the day, but now I find it awkward to watch - looks so very badly dated to me.
HP, loved them, I read the books too. Looking forward to Fantastic Beasts 3.
The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, loved them, read the books a long time ago.
HTTYD, 1 is still my favorite, then 3, then 2. I read the books (which are very different), and watched a lot of the TV shows, plus Gift of the Night Fury.

I like it here at LN, we are pretty chilled now, but back at the beginning it was way less relaxed. Rules were much more rigidly enforced back then.
LN has surely blossomed into one of the best places to be on the net, if not the best! (IMHO)
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

Quote from: archaic on May 12, 2019, 03:28:52 PM
I like it here at LN, we are pretty chilled now, but back at the beginning it was way less relaxed. Rules were much more rigidly enforced back then.
I just missed these older times here...

LN has surely blossomed into one of the best places to be on the net, if not the best! (IMHO)
Yeah, it is :)

Eìrä

Is it just me, or did the SW fandom become more toxic starting from the time of the release of Force Awakens?

I liked SW, episodes 4, 5 and 6 were great, episodes 1, 2 and 3 mildly disappointing, episode 7 more disappointing. Of the rest, I have only watched Rogue 1, which I liked (despite the obvious problems with it).
Terminator I liked, even if Salvation was a bit weak.
I like Star Trek generally, I liked Next Gen back in the day, but now I find it awkward to watch - looks so very badly dated to me.
HP, loved them, I read the books too. Looking forward to Fantastic Beasts 3.
The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, loved them, read the books a long time ago.
HTTYD, 1 is still my favorite, then 3, then 2. I read the books (which are very different), and watched a lot of the TV shows, plus Gift of the Night Fury.

Cool!
My favorite and 1 movie is Avatar and always will be!
After this is next Elysium, Star Trek, Star Wars, 1000 Post Terra (After Earth), Terra Nova, The Martian, The Shape Of Water, Aquaman and other SF movies! I also saw Terminator: Salvation which made me cry when Marcus gived his heart to an another guy (can't remember his name)!

Yep! LN is my favorite place and the only place where i feel completely free! Rules are easy to learn and respect and the people from this beautiful place are awesome! Everyone helps everyone! I love this place very much and i don't wanna lose you! This is my second Home and Family! :D

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Toliman

Quote from: Eìrä on May 12, 2019, 03:50:38 PM
Yeah.
However will be interesting what we will say after Avatar 2 (if it really will be released someday, hrh)

Eìrä

Quote from: Toliman on May 13, 2019, 05:34:46 AM
Yeah.
However will be interesting what we will say after Avatar 2 (if it really will be released someday, hrh)
Srane! I hope Avatar 2 will not be delayed again!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

archaic

Both of ^these^!

I also saw Terminator: Salvation which made me cry when Marcus gived his heart to an another guy (can't remember his name)!
John Connor.

Eìrä

Quote from: archaic on May 13, 2019, 12:42:46 PM
Both of ^these^!

I also saw Terminator: Salvation which made me cry when Marcus gived his heart to an another guy (can't remember his name)!
John Connor.
Thank you very much! :D

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

archaic

Eìrä

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!