AVTR 2016

Started by Mako, November 27, 2012, 02:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

Was thinking about this today, can't wait to see how the forums explode again surrounding the release of the second movie. You guys think it's going to be anywhere near as large as the first wave?

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Most likely not. Very few sequels do better than the original film. Will it be big? I am sure it will be. But I will be pleasantly surprised if it does 75 percent as well as the original 'Avatar'.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Toruk Makto

75% of $2B still isn't bad...   :) ;)

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Mako

Quote from: Toruk Makto on November 27, 2012, 07:49:11 AM
75% of $2B still isn't bad...   :) ;)

No it's not. However there's the consideration that the sequel is probably going to be an entirely new movie (unlike the first, which definitely had some loaned ideas). I think it's entirely possible that it will come close to that $2B mark again.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

In order to achieve the same success as the first movie, the sequel will have to completely stand on its own merits, as a great film. Part of what drove the success of the first 'Avatar' was the novel effects, CGI and the exceptionally well-done 3D. By the time of AVTR 2016, 3D will be pretty passe'. The one thing going in James Cameron's favor is he ia a superb filmmaker and storyteller. If anyone can do it again, he can.

Let's just hope he does!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

archaic

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on November 27, 2012, 03:36:43 PM
The one thing going in James Cameron's favor is he ia a superb filmmaker and storyteller. If anyone can do it again, he can.
And he has a track record for making sequels, Rambo: First Blood Part II, Aliens, Terminator 2, Terminator 3.
As you say, if anyone can do it again, he can.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.