Barefooting

Started by Human No More, June 07, 2011, 12:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seze Mune

Quote from: Lisa on August 28, 2011, 10:29:49 PM
Quote from: Seze Mune on August 28, 2011, 09:50:38 PM
Wonder when they'll come out with FF HotFoot for winter or something like that.
Hmmm.... something like this?   ;D

New for fall.  Nice review on birthdayshoes.com.

I have a pair of leather KSO Treks that I wear in the winter.  They keep my feet warm enough, and leave really entertaining prints in the snow.    :)

Wou, txantsan!  How bout posting a pic in the photo thread this winter? 

Human No More

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on August 30, 2011, 03:34:00 AM
Lots of buisnesses in America at least have a policy of "no shoes, no shirt, no service." It keeps the buildings sanitary mostly.
Point out that they aren't applying it logically. A good one is "I washed my feet this morning/last night. When did you wash your shoes?"
The fake shoes are a good alternative, and simple to carry around or keep a pair somewhere.

As for snow, well, I didn't get a chance last winter, I was still a bit new to barefooting... but this year, I definitely plan to as much as possible, and will wear my VFFs the rest of the time. I now have not worn normal shoes for several months, and avoided wearing any where I can :)

An interesting one from someone today who I know a little but don't see around often. I met him, and he was looking at my feet a few times but didn't say anything. then after a while, he asked me "Why don't you wear shoes" and I replied "Don't like them" and he just thought that was a fairly normal excuse, which makes a difference from the usual interest people have - I've had so many inquiries about my VFFs, including a security guy at a gig who asked me where I got them :P
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Seze Mune

Quote from: Human No More on August 31, 2011, 03:17:49 PM
Lots of buisnesses in America at least have a policy of "no shoes, no shirt, no service." It keeps the buildings sanitary mostly.
Point out that they aren't applying it logically. A good one is "I washed my feet this morning/last night. When did you wash your shoes?"
The fake shoes are a good alternative, and simple to carry around or keep a pair somewhere.

I have a feeling the shoe rule is there to protect them legally....in case there is already something there on the floor which could slice your feet, or in case you might accidentally drop some crockery or glassware on your own foot, or someone else's.

I'll be looking forward to those winter pics, which I expect will actually give me chills as I peruse them. ;D

Txura Rolyu

I wish I could get my paycheck already and go get some of the classic VFF's. I am so eager to start wearing them around...
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Seze

I've been rather surprised at how much I actually like wearing the KSOs.  I originally got them just to help with running form, I wanted to get away from heal-striking while running.  I didn't have any real plans on wearing them all the time.  Due to an unfortunate or fortunate situation, depending on how you look at it, I had my normal pair of shows completely rip apart on me while I was working at an event.  The only other pair of footwear I had with me were my KSOs.  I've been wearing my KSOs pretty much non-stop after that.  I can't believe how quickly my feet have strengthened up from wearing them. 

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Emtokay

Here in Australia it's socially accepted to wear nothing on your feet
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Emtokay

I only wear shoes to work, cause it's mandatory by OH&S I wear steel caps whilst in the workshop, apart from that it's not shoes
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Human No More

Quote from: Seze Mune on August 31, 2011, 03:29:46 PM
Quote from: Human No More on August 31, 2011, 03:17:49 PM

I have a feeling the shoe rule is there to protect them legally....in case there is already something there on the floor which could slice your feet, or in case you might accidentally drop some crockery or glassware on your own foot, or someone else's.

I'll be looking forward to those winter pics, which I expect will actually give me chills as I peruse them. ;D
They're insured no matter what a customer wears - they would only have a problem if an employee was injured due to not having required safety equipment. There's a reason businesses have to make customer facing areas safe.

Quote from: Seze on September 03, 2011, 12:26:29 AM
I've been rather surprised at how much I actually like wearing the KSOs.  I originally got them just to help with running form, I wanted to get away from heal-striking while running.  I didn't have any real plans on wearing them all the time.  Due to an unfortunate or fortunate situation, depending on how you look at it, I had my normal pair of shows completely rip apart on me while I was working at an event.  The only other pair of footwear I had with me were my KSOs.  I've been wearing my KSOs pretty much non-stop after that.  I can't believe how quickly my feet have strengthened up from wearing them.  
Yeah, it's amazing :)
When I first started to wear them, they would make the muscles in my legs ache after long distances, but that's completely gone - just shows how wearing shoes underdevelops muscles.

I haven't worn 'normal' shoes for months now and don't want to, they are so uncomfortable when you can't move your toes, and I find that being able to use your toes makes walking and running a lot easier, as you can use them to grip the ground :)
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Ertew

I know it's necroposting, but should I start new thread when that's one is good and able to continuation?
Or maybe my necroposting brings this thread to live and not creates a zombie thread? Who knows.

I was start to walking barefoot because I bought new shoes...

I like to walking long distances in shoes. Normally I make about 10km by foot during each day, occasionally next 10-20km at one walk. Because of this, my soles and heels was quite resistant to any injuries. I mean after every long walk I got one or two blisters but it's creates inside my skin. So I realize I got blister few days after trip. When blister comes out, the skin under it was rebuild and I can peel blister and continue walking without any injuries.
As You may remember, parents always told that after buy new shoes you should first walk carefully at short distances to familiarize feet with shoes and don't get blisters. Because my ability I ignore that rule and nothing bad happened ... to the time.

Last year I discovered what is walking barefoot, that it's can be funny and/or healthy so I do a research and start to act.
Most sources says, that walking barefoot after years of walking with shoes can be dangerous. You should get a transitional period while using 'barefoot shoes', that is flexible so allow to build muscles, but provide protection for your feet. Your shoes should be like VFF or other special and expensive type.
Because I'm only poor student, I visited local store and buy very cheap shoes, that is not labeled 'barefoot shoes' but meets the requirements: flexible material and thin flat sole. Because my soles has some ability, I don't test that shoes at home and start full day with it. And it was big mistake. Bottom of my feet was quite proof but top not. After half day I got sores at top of my feet and thumbs.
With that sores I can walking and running, as long I been barefoot or wearing flip-flops. I hate flip-flops but can't wear other type of shoes until injuries was heal, so that is impulse to try walk barefoot.

Walking barefoot first time wasn't nice, really. Fortunately it was holidays so I can walking inside home and not go outside.
After a week the sore was healed so I can go outside with shoes, but also I was familiarize with walking barefoot inside. My family was quite worried about idea to walking barefoot on 'cold' floor, but after few months they learn to ignore my feet.

So a year from now I was walking barefoot in house, also using that flexible shoes outside when temperature allows to do this. That reinforced my soles and now i thinking it's time to take a barefoot walk outside. Wish me luck.

Quote from: Kxeyo Te Eanari Tsenu'itan on August 30, 2011, 08:46:52 AM

Seen this. And I understand it, but not the shoe thing entirely. What's the problem with that? Do they fear only bummers visit their stores or restaurants or what? Well, at least VFFs exist! And you could get fancy fake sandals, seen that before: Only some cord you wear on your feet which gives the illusion you'd be wearing sandals while you're in fact barefoot! I thought that was funny. ;D
VFF was to expensive for me at the moment, but I'll check it as soon as I can. Major reason wasn't only walking barefoot, but also a cosplay reason. Other special designed shoes was Fila's Skele-toes model (4-toes, yeah) and Zem Gear Ninja (not for cosplay). Unfortunately, I can't find any of them in full cyan-blue version that can be easily used in cosplay.
Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

Rotobull cz

I wanted to post here, but I thought it would be necroposting, so I didn't.

I like barefooting, because it's natural, healthy and pleasant. Connect with Mother Nature... Natural massage...
Finally free feet...  I'm not making so much noise (so I can hear birds singing)...I started to walk barefoot in November 2013. Nowadays I'm always walking shoeless with "my" dog, of course always at home and when I'm going to some trip (in forest etc), shoes stay home of course. :D

It's little boring at home... But it's great in forest (outside)... And it's harder and harder to walk in shoes with every km I walk barefoot.
Enjoying chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecotoxicology, environtology, ecology, neurology, physiology, anatomy, Na'vi, Latin, German, French, Biblical Hebrew.

Ertew

Quote from: Rotobull cz on June 17, 2014, 02:22:06 PMI wanted to post here, but I thought it would be necroposting, so I didn't.
Yes, but i think that this forum sleeping from about 2-3 years and nobody cares.

Quote from: Rotobull cz on June 17, 2014, 02:22:06 PM... shoes stay home of course. :D
At this moment I says: Never.
What if You cut feet few km away from home? I think that is nice idea to bring some clean water and emergency shoes into backpack and never use it instead of get injury and jumping at one foot to home.

Quote from: Rotobull cz on June 17, 2014, 02:22:06 PM... But it's great in forest (outside)... And it's harder and harder to walk in shoes with every km I walk barefoot.
Nice conclusion. Should I think about give up, before it's to late?

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Ertew on June 17, 2014, 03:15:42 PM
Quote from: Rotobull cz on June 17, 2014, 02:22:06 PMI wanted to post here, but I thought it would be necroposting, so I didn't.
Yes, but i think that this forum sleeping from about 2-3 years and nobody cares.
I necroposted kinda much. But I am a bit afraid to hit the "rule-breaking-border" which I don't exsactly know where it is...

---
I like barefooting too, but I walk in my home without any shoes only. It doesn't make fun to walk without shoes in a city. :(
And here in Germany, a lot of people would look "weird" at you, if you would walk without shoes, especially in a city (but not in parks).

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Rotobull cz

Giving up ? Absolutely not... I don't think, that shoes are only terrible and evil things... But people were walking without shoes for hundreds years...  Never give it up - it's great.

Uhm, when I walk with dog I'm only 700 m from my house. On a field path. So I really don't need shoes...
I walked in forest several times and never cut my feet. I met some glass and other "dangerous" things of course. But I know several people who like barefooting too and they think, that it's important to watch where you step. That's all. :)
Of course not every second. I don't know, I'm little "trained", so I can watch my step, but not every step. Just sometimes look down and that's it. ;)
As I said, never give it up. It's too good and too great to stop it. :)

I'm walking shoeless on that field path since November, there are some glass and I never hurt my foot.

Enjoying chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecotoxicology, environtology, ecology, neurology, physiology, anatomy, Na'vi, Latin, German, French, Biblical Hebrew.

Rotobull cz

City isn't really something special. And for "first" barefoot steps outside (forest etc) you need to know place where you're walking. It's important. Because there are some parks, which look safe, but there can be a lot of glass and other dangerous things. So it's good to know the place. :)

And I thought, that there are smarter people in Germany.

Tìtstewan

I know. I walked barefoot to a river (2km?) many times in Romania. :)

As for Germany, well, it depends on the region... As for me, I did this experience...

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Rotobull cz

I live in a village near Prague and I met a lot of people. I thought, that pld people will thinl I'm crazy, but I just saw few smiles. :)
But I love walking without shoes. I hope I'll find a girl, who will like it too. ;D

I tried to walk barefoot in the Prague for a while, but the place, where I was... Spits and other ugly things. ;D

But luckily there are some clean places in Prague.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I did the barefoot thing occasionally as a kid. Never cared for it much, as there are some things that are not fun to step on (One of the weird ones out here is cacti that like to grow on forest floors). We also have venomous snakes out here, especially in some of the places I like to be, and shoes afford at least a little protection.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Ertew

Thanks to dared me for do that.

Today I first try barefoot walking outside:
- 5km (distance from home to nearest, quite small forest, lets say big wild park) walked in shoes because the road contains some glass.
- 15km barefoot: about 1/3 on sand, 1/3 on hard flat ground (translator named it compacted soil), 1/3 by human-made ground like asphalt and beton with more or less small rocks on it.
- 5km back to home in shoes.

My soles pass that test. It doesn't fall off and i got zero sores and outside blisters. When I leaved forest, I was happy that survive. Not because feet, but because ants and mosquitoes want to eat me any time I stops for any reason. At that moment feet hurts but I think that is normal and next walk will be better.
Please remind me next week about the inside blisters. I think some hidden blisters should appear and show out.

Ertew

Ok, now i'm sure that any blisters form on my feet. Probably they are bulletproof and not too much destroyed by wearing shoes. I need test it more in future.

And i'm agree with Rotobull cz, now it's harder to wear shoes than before.

Rotobull cz

So no blisters now ? :)

Very good book about this natural thing is "The barefoot Book" by Daniel Howell. I'm reading it now. :D
For all who are interested about barefooting and do no believe ( ::)) me.