Barefooting

Started by Human No More, June 07, 2011, 12:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toruk'makto

Kaltxì
Since this year I'll go more often barefoot. You know it if you've read the comlete thread. Is is a great felling and you will be a litte bit addicted in walking barefoot.  ;D ;D ;D
But last Tuesday was not so good..... I was walking of a street in the sun. The tar was a little bit hot at the beginning but my feets adapt to it. I tryed to go 2km but at the half way me feets starts to ache.
Now I've 2 very big pimples on every feet.   >:(  >:(  >:(
The 2 days after, I can't go really much.
BAD BAREFOOT TRIP  ;D ;D ;D
But I'll start it again............  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Die Himmelsmenschen haben uns eine Botschaft gesandt, dass sie sich alles nehmen können was sie wollen und dass niemand sie aufhalten kann. Aber wir schicken ihnen auch eine Botschaft; fliegt so schnell wie euch der Wind nur tragen kann; ruft die anderen Clans herbei. Sagt ihnen Toruk'makto ruft sie zu sich. Ihr fliegt jetzt mit mir. Meine Brüder, Schwestern und dann zeigen wir den Himmelsmenschen, dass sie sich nicht alles nehmen können was sie wollen und dass dies unser Land ist.

Kxeyo

Quote from: Toruk'makto on July 02, 2011, 11:46:46 AM
Kaltxì
Since this year I'll go more often barefoot. You know it if you've read the comlete thread. Is is a great felling and you will be a litte bit addicted in walking barefoot.  ;D ;D ;D
But last Tuesday was not so good..... I was walking of a street in the sun. The tar was a little bit hot at the beginning but my feets adapt to it. I tryed to go 2km but at the half way me feets starts to ache.
Now I've 2 very big pimples on every feet.   >:(  >:(  >:(
The 2 days after, I can't go really much.
BAD BAREFOOT TRIP  ;D ;D ;D
But I'll start it again............  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Uhm...if you get blisters from hot asphalt...the asphalt was too hot. Try to avoid it if the sun's shining on it all day long. Look for the more shady spots. And you can always walk on tippy-toe. :P
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Tsufätu Ayioangä

If it gets to hot for me I do one of a few things.  run (if it isn't very far to go or until shade) walk on my heels as much as possible (marching, for those of you in band or military) because the heels are the toughest and thickest of skin, walk int he shadows (even temporary shadows like trees are /always/ cooler) or walk on the lighter areas (Like the big white or black painted lines).  And of course, walk in grass whenever possible-it's worth it!

I spent a month over at NAU were its usually pretty cold and my favorite thing was going out really early or really late and walking through the grass.  It was still wet from sprinklers and my feet would go numb <3

Kxeyo

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on July 03, 2011, 11:20:43 AM
I spent a month over at NAU were its usually pretty cold and my favorite thing was going out really early or really late and walking through the grass.  It was still wet from sprinklers and my feet would go numb <3

Wow! That's quite...I didn't think you're that dedicated! :o
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

guest2859

Today started sunny and in the upper 100's (100+ degrees F). I went to the store to get gatorade, and decided to go barefooted back because my shoes were irritating my feet. Well, I walked 3 blocks over dirt, rocks, and melting asphalt, but I went through a field with some dead stickers. I got a small splinter in the arch of my left foot, and when I stopped to get it out on a sidewalk after the field, I couldn't and ended up standing on my right foot too long, so it started burning like crazy. I couldn't wait it out because then my left foot would do the same.

Lesson learned? Yeah- don't go across fields.  :P

Smaoe

When I was an infant my parents were shopping with me in the cart and they decided to purchase some shoes for me, but instead of me being happy I burst into tears and my crying was so bad that the manager of the store came to make sure that I was alright. This was when I was around 1 year old. This proves that I hate wearing shoes.

'Oma Tirea

Plus, over the years, they seem to change the shape of your foot, squashing your toes into one, compressed little area....

Shoes... they're just not natural anymore...

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

guest2859

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on July 04, 2011, 02:03:30 AM
Plus, over the years, they seem to change the shape of your foot, squashing your toes into one, compressed little area....

I think that every time I look at high heels...

Vawm tsamsiyu

I went walking through a marshy wetland area barefoot looking for our cockatoo. (he showed up the next day  ;D)
they killed the [you] tag

Lolet

Quote from: Naruga Kuruga on July 04, 2011, 02:25:22 AM

High heels can double as weapons though.  ;)

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Lolet te Maticay on July 04, 2011, 11:08:39 AM

So you can balance on one high heel then? Since I am guessing you would do a roundhouse kick :P
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

guest2859

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on July 04, 2011, 06:18:37 PM
Quote from: Lolet te Maticay on July 04, 2011, 11:08:39 AM

So you can balance on one high heel then? Since I am guessing you would do a roundhouse kick :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1weVp4S8IFc That reminded me of this scene...

But, I like how "barefooting" turned into "high-heeling". Funny way to slip off topic...

Txur Niftxavang

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on June 07, 2011, 01:04:04 PM
Isn't there a survival program on Discovery, I think it was Dual Survival. And one guy has been walking barefoot for like 20 years
That would be Cody Lundin.     He's my favorite hippie.     
PSN: AVATAR_052191

If anyone has a question about firearms training/ Bow training leave a message, a voicemail on my phone, or text.
State your name, and if you are one of the people.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Txur Niftxavang on July 05, 2011, 02:14:38 PM
Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on June 07, 2011, 01:04:04 PM
Isn't there a survival program on Discovery, I think it was Dual Survival. And one guy has been walking barefoot for like 20 years
That would be Cody Lundin.     He's my favorite hippie.     
And how would Snake go? Parachute out of a plane into enemy territory and then loose a backpack and then retrieve the backpack after landing, which has a huge load of stuff for such a small backpack, he basically is the One Man Army (perk) xD
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Kxeyo Te Eanari Tsenu'itan on July 03, 2011, 02:28:47 PM

You thought I was a poser ;)

Yea field cn be dangerous and there are times when you have to learn that sometimes shoes really are the only option.  I went down to phoenix for a few days were the average temperature is about 113 or so and the asphalt becomes an oven, literally.  well I was with my mom a lot of the time (who doesn't know about my barefootness at school and stuff) so I did wear shoes for some of the time but when we went out at night I definitely didn't.  The only time I wore them was when we went shopping.

Kxeyo

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on July 05, 2011, 11:16:25 PM

Yea field cn be dangerous and there are times when you have to learn that sometimes shoes really are the only option.  I went down to phoenix for a few days were the average temperature is about 113 or so and the asphalt becomes an oven, literally.  well I was with my mom a lot of the time (who doesn't know about my barefootness at school and stuff) so I did wear shoes for some of the time but when we went out at night I definitely didn't.  The only time I wore them was when we went shopping.

Kehe, just...there are people of that ilk and there are people of that ilk, you know? There are people who walk barefoot because they think it's healthy and there are people that walk barefoot because they love it so much, and they love it so much that they walk through wet grass and enjoy it when their feet go numb. Do you see the difference? It just surprised me that you love the whole barefooting thing so much. And don't worry, my parents don't know as well, they know very little about what I do. I hid my shoes yesterday before I left the house only to keep them from asking stupid questions. ::)
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Kxeyo Te Eanari Tsenu'itan on July 06, 2011, 05:59:27 AM
Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on July 05, 2011, 11:16:25 PM

Kehe, just...there are people of that ilk and there are people of that ilk, you know? There are people who walk barefoot because they think it's healthy and there are people that walk barefoot because they love it so much, and they love it so much that they walk through wet grass and enjoy it when their feet go numb. Do you see the difference? It just surprised me that you love the whole barefooting thing so much. And don't worry, my parents don't know as well, they know very little about what I do. I hid my shoes yesterday before I left the house only to keep them from asking stupid questions. ::)

haha I get it XD  And yea, whenever my BF comes to get me I usually just go barefoot (unless we're going to prom or comicon and shoes are part of my costume) and I hide them under my bed so my mom doesn't see that I don't have them XP

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toruk'makto

Kaltxì
I'm planning to buy these shoes, but I don't know if it is the best opinion. I'll try to walk in these shoes because walking barefoot is in the moment not the best Idea for my feets.  ;D
My feets are too untrained. But these shoes promises a lot....
Die Himmelsmenschen haben uns eine Botschaft gesandt, dass sie sich alles nehmen können was sie wollen und dass niemand sie aufhalten kann. Aber wir schicken ihnen auch eine Botschaft; fliegt so schnell wie euch der Wind nur tragen kann; ruft die anderen Clans herbei. Sagt ihnen Toruk'makto ruft sie zu sich. Ihr fliegt jetzt mit mir. Meine Brüder, Schwestern und dann zeigen wir den Himmelsmenschen, dass sie sich nicht alles nehmen können was sie wollen und dass dies unser Land ist.

Txur Niftxavang

Quote from: Toruk'makto on July 07, 2011, 04:30:36 PM
Kaltxì
I'm planning to buy these shoes, but I don't know if it is the best opinion. I'll try to walk in these shoes because walking barefoot is in the moment not the best Idea for my feets.  ;D
My feets are too untrained. But these shoes promises a lot....
If you don't like sand on your feet, buy the KSO (Keep Stuff Out)  I have two pairs, they are great for running, and just about everything out doors, EXCEPT running in rain.     The pavement gets so hot here I cannot run barefoot in the summer, and unfortunately I can still feel the heat pass through the soles of my KSOs.   It helps a lot though.   I used to have flat feets, about 6months worth of running, I now have an arch...  Marine Corps does allow these in personal levels of PT, but not in formation...  I will be wearing the damn combat boots for at least 6months, and throughout deployment...  No more KSOs, only when I get back from deployment.  I will miss my feets shoes! 
PSN: AVATAR_052191

If anyone has a question about firearms training/ Bow training leave a message, a voicemail on my phone, or text.
State your name, and if you are one of the people.