Barefooting

Started by Human No More, June 07, 2011, 12:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Yea there are a few different types of the Vibrams so you really have to do your research to figure out which ones are best or you.

Txantslusam Skxawng

WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Toruk'makto

Kaltxì
hmm.....
I know there are different types of these shoes. I alternate between the "Vibram - Five Fingers Classic" and "Vibram Five Fingers - KSO Trek". But I want to feel the most of the bottom so I think the Classics are better, because the shoe sole is not so thick as the sole from the Trek.

QuoteIf you don't like sand on your feet
What do you mean with that sentence ma Txur Niftxavang?
Kìyevame
Die Himmelsmenschen haben uns eine Botschaft gesandt, dass sie sich alles nehmen können was sie wollen und dass niemand sie aufhalten kann. Aber wir schicken ihnen auch eine Botschaft; fliegt so schnell wie euch der Wind nur tragen kann; ruft die anderen Clans herbei. Sagt ihnen Toruk'makto ruft sie zu sich. Ihr fliegt jetzt mit mir. Meine Brüder, Schwestern und dann zeigen wir den Himmelsmenschen, dass sie sich nicht alles nehmen können was sie wollen und dass dies unser Land ist.

Kxeyo

I guess he wants to say that the KSO kinda makes sense when you walk...somewhere where it's sandy, you know? Or dusty, or there's a lot of dirt...I don't know, that should be it. KSO keeps the dirt out, the Classic not.
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

'Oma Tirea

A couple of people were wearing these shoes during the Seattle meetup.

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Txur Niftxavang

Here is another forum I have grown to like.         They revolve around Vibram Five Fingers.   This should help you with Barefooting/ VFFs running/ and other things of that nature.   http://birthdayshoes.com/forum/index.php
PSN: AVATAR_052191

If anyone has a question about firearms training/ Bow training leave a message, a voicemail on my phone, or text.
State your name, and if you are one of the people.

Lisa

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on July 10, 2011, 11:07:53 PM
A couple of people were wearing these shoes during the Seattle meetup.
And I was one of them.   ;D

I've been a VFF fan for about two years now; I've got four pairs and I wear them as much as possible, even during winter.  I'm very fortunate that I can wear them at work, so I hardly ever wear "normal" shoes anymore.    I'm not a runner, but I found VFF shoes through an article I read somewhere on barefoot running and the whole concept sounded fascinating so I bought a pair.  It took about two weeks for my feet to adjust, but after that a really interesting thing began happening and so I became a believer.

I'm 52 and before I began wearing my VFF shoes I was starting to develop a lot of lower back pain.    My lower back and knees would really start hurting if I had to be on my feet for any length of time longer than about 45 minutes, and my lower back always seemed to ache.   Now most of that pain is gone, and I can stand for hours.  In fact, I've converted part of my work space into a standing desk, and now I spend the majority of my work day standing.  I couldn't do that in conventional shoes.   I do get a lot of strange looks from some people when they notice my feet, but I've also had a lot of people come up to me and ask about them. 

Today the NPR radio show "To the best of our knowledge" ran an hour show on the barefoot running movement.  It can be found here.   It was pretty interesting. 
Oeru syaw "Tirea Ikran" kop slä frakrrmi layu oe "Grammar Skxawng"   :)

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

'Ì'awn Menari

Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Äteya

Does any one have KSO(not KSO trek)?

Lisa

Quote from: Äteya on August 06, 2011, 08:57:01 AM
Does any one have KSO(not KSO trek)?

I have both, as well as the Treksport.  I'd be happy to answer any questions you have, based on my experience with them.  :)

Äteya

Have you ever been cut or burned?

Lisa

Quote from: Äteya on August 06, 2011, 01:40:50 PM
Have you ever been cut or burned?
The soles of all the VFF models I have are quite tough, while still being really thin and flexible.  I've walked on flat broken glass with no problem, but haven't walked on anything really sharp (yet) so can't say how they would do there.  I don't think there would be any problem with any of the Trek models, and while the soles on the regular KSOs are the thinnest of all my VFFs, they still seem very tough.  But you do feel everything under your feet, and stepping on isolated stones can hurt if you are not paying attention.   I did a 5 hour hike up a mountain in Colorado in my Jayas with no problems at all.  But you do have to watch where you put your feet.

I've never been in any situation that could cause burning other than walking on very hot concrete, and in the regular KSOs the heat was more noticeable, but still not uncomfortable.

However, in all my VFFs other than the KSO Treks (which are leather), there's not a lot of protection for the tops of my feet, so anything dropped on my feet could hurt; big dogs standing on my feet are a bit ouchie.

A really good resource if you want to learn more about VFFs (and other minimalist shoes) is the Birthday Shoes website and forum.   I also recommend The Beginner's Guide to Vibram Five Fingers which has a wealth of good information.

I LOVE all my VFFs, and wear them 95% of the time I have shoes on.    ;D

Kxeyo

I had the chance to walk barefoot in a sludgy meadow this weekend. It was...wet and cold, I'd say. But it was raining, so I can't really tell if it was the rain that made me shiver or the ground. Anyway, a question came to my mind: What should I do with cold and wet feet if I haven't got socks with me or a nice pair of shoes, nor do I have the ability to dry them? Just keep on walking and propably catching a cold? Or do my feet become immune to coldness? I don't think so...
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Txura Rolyu

I have seen these shoes... they look great for wearing around the house rather than socks. I might buy myself a pair for relaxing in.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

DeanD

Quote from: Kxeyo Te Eanari Tsenu'itan on August 08, 2011, 05:44:59 AM
I had the chance to walk barefoot in a sludgy meadow this weekend. It was...wet and cold, I'd say. But it was raining, so I can't really tell if it was the rain that made me shiver or the ground. Anyway, a question came to my mind: What should I do with cold and wet feet if I haven't got socks with me or a nice pair of shoes, nor do I have the ability to dry them? Just keep on walking and propably catching a cold? Or do my feet become immune to coldness? I don't think so...

Just wanted to point out that you don't catch a cold from cold feet, you catch a cold from the cold virus invading your body!

Also, I LOVE VFF! I have a pair of KSO and really enjoy them. I wear them for everyday wear and running. I will say that it did take a few weeks to adjust to them, but that's because the muscles in your feet and legs, and the soles of your feet are REALLY baby'd by "regular" shoes. Once you strengthen those muscles though you'll never want to go back to "regular" shoes again.

Kxeyo

Thanks for the information! But that only partly answers my question...cold feet aren't a problem, is that what you want to tell me? Is that only a myth?
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Amaya

Cold feet will certainly give you a chill, but they won't give you a cold.  Colds come from warm, moist indoor air and close contact with your fellow humanity.

Persistently wet feet can lead to fungal infection but that takes weeks, or at least many days  straight  without any drying whatsoever.

HTH :D

Txura Rolyu

Yeah if you get some sort of fungal infection then you would have to find a way to not wear closed shoes because it holds in all the moisture and allows it to grow. Not fun at all.

For the future, if you are going to a college and sharing a shower with anybody be sure to wear shower shoes. Saves a lot of trouble and money.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*