Buying my fantasy?

Started by Kxani, August 26, 2011, 03:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kxani

OMG people actually wanna buy my larp-character Pro. Kathlyn Harper Miller. How rude is that. When did my imagination get a price? and who puts a price on imagination?. Allright.. she is pretty awesome and I had to study like a jerk to even be able to play her but still... no one else has any use of it unless they are not totally AVTRneards and knows almost everything... :S So... what shall I do? Should I take it to court? Is it really a crime to put up a "grace augustine-gordon ramsay-renee harper" character up at a "wannabe e-bay" website?

What shall I do? :S

Human No More

Hmm, I don't know... Technically, if she's within Avatar, this person can't do it anyway. Notify the site?
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Kxani

True but she is all made up and I kinda dont have any copyright on her.

Clarke

Copyright is automatic. Basically, if you can prove you posted about it first, that's a claim you have the copyright on it.

Seze Mune

Quote from: Thomas R on August 27, 2011, 09:27:26 AM
Copyright is automatic. Basically, if you can prove you posted about it first, that's a claim you have the copyright on it.

If you have the cash to defend your claim...

Kxani

archaic

Gotta be worth contacting the site admins/mods.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Seze Mune

Does it seriously bother you?

Ftiafpi

I'd say ignore them unless they try to copy you and then polity threaten that they have neither the right to sell Fox properties (Avatar related stuff, unless it's their creation or original idea) nor can they sell your properties (such as a LARPing costume or character). I'd advise them to invest their own time and liberally model a LARPing character after your own. That way everyone gets what they want and nobody really gets hurt. I wouldn't threaten copyright, though. I doubt it would be productive.

If anything, congrats on this. I'd take it as a flattery if anything.

Seze Mune

Quote from: Ftiafpi on August 30, 2011, 10:54:23 AM
I'd say ignore them unless they try to copy you and then polity threaten that they have neither the right to sell Fox properties (Avatar related stuff, unless it's their creation or original idea) nor can they sell your properties (such as a LARPing costume or character). I'd advise them to invest their own time and liberally model a LARPing character after your own. That way everyone gets what they want and nobody really gets hurt. I wouldn't threaten copyright, though. I doubt it would be productive.

If anything, congrats on this. I'd take it as a flattery if anything.

↑  What he said!!

Kxani

Ok thank you guys. It feels great :)