Conclave pro ēlectiōne novī pontificem

Started by Vawmataw, March 12, 2013, 04:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vawmataw

It means in Latin Conclave for election of the new pope.

Are you Catholic? Do you watch the conclave? You don't need to be believer to be see what's a conclave, at least for me. This is a way to hear and learn some latin, and to discover Vatican.

This is the state of the conclave in Latin:
Pontificem catholicus habemus Franciscus Primarius.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Ma  Kameyu a Kepekmì, are you Catholic?

I was once Catholic, but now just a Christian. Some of my best friends are Catholic, and heavily involved in their church. I often go over to their church (which is in a different town) and sing in their choir (which is very small) during high festival masses.

I do pay attention to what goes on in the Vatican, although I do not ascribe any special spiritual significance to the papacy. My favorite Pope is Leo 1.

In fact, I have a friend over there, who is an astronomer in the Vatican's astronomy program. (Did you know the Catholic church as a very active astronomy program?) He is frequently over in the 'States for various conferences, etc. (including WorldCon!), and has worked at the Vatican's Advanced Technology telescope in Arizona.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Toruk Makto

Looks like they have chosen the new pope. Just waiting for him to appear on the balcony...

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Toruk Makto

Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina has become Pope Francis I. He's the first non-European to become Pope in modern times.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Just saw him speak live. I think they made a good choice!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Vawmataw

Quote from: Tìtstewan on March 13, 2013, 02:22:14 PM
Habemus Papam: Franciscus I

I'm too slow...
'Habemus Papam': Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio is the new Pope of the Catholic Church

Annuntio vobis gaudium magnum: Habemus papam

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on March 12, 2013, 09:01:53 PM
Ma  Kameyu a Kepekmì, are you Catholic?

I was once Catholic, but now just a Christian. Some of my best friends are Catholic, and heavily involved in their church. I often go over to their church (which is in a different town) and sing in their choir (which is very small) during high festival masses.
I have been baptized Catholic, but I don't practice religion nor believe.

There's only a Catholic pope in the Christian religion.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu