Crimean crisis, will Crimea join Russia?

Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, March 18, 2014, 02:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Tìtstewan on March 23, 2014, 05:40:27 PM
Moldova should let Transnistria alone or let them go to Russia. Really, it's not worth to have another crisis there...

But how will Putin do this, to get to Transnistria? To get to Transnistria from Russia, the Russian soldiers need to cross over the shoreline to Ukraine, or maybe Russia have some military airports in Moldova or Transnistria.... or Ukraine.

Tìtstewan

The Russians could land in Tiraspol airport? It would be the same situation like Kaliningrad, but without access to the sea.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Tìtstewan on March 23, 2014, 06:46:58 PM
The Russians could land in Tiraspol airport? It would be the same situation like Kaliningrad, but without access to the sea.

Hmmm, possibly.

Anyways, have you seen that Mitt Romney has displayed poor judgment, ineffective leadership, and a mishandling of the civil war in Syria that spurred Russian President Vladimir Putin to annex the Crimean Peninsula?
Guess what? This time I am supporting Mitt Romney in this case. How can Obama be so stupid?
U.S Republican politicans have ordered to send weapons to Ukraine to protect them agains the pro-Russians.
In 2012, Mitt Romney said to Obama that USA face a bigger threat than Al-Qaeda. He said that Russia is that threat. Obama laughed, and didn't supported that. Well, now Obama should wake up, because Russia is truly their largest threat.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mitt-romney-slams-obama-for-naivete-in-russian-relations/

Tìtstewan

The best thing, which every states should do, is not to interfere in other states...this is the price for that.
I would be careful to send them weapons, because this would be a perfect reason for Putin to invade into Ukraine...

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

bommel

For me, what Russia is doing with the Ukrainian military posts is an act of war.

Tìtstewan

What the NSA is doing, is also an act of war, doesn't it?

These problems has been set up due the soviet union. Nikita Khrushchev has integrated Crimea into the Ukrainian soviet republic in the 50ies. In that times, such an integration was meaningless, but after the death of the soviet union everywhere were russians minorities or local majorities, in Georgia (South Ossetia), Moldova (Transnistria), Ukraine (East Ukraine, Crimea) etc. There is just need instabilities, and then we have the problems, even like Crimea.
Here in Germany the discussion rises up (by some generals) to introduct conscription for the military service again...well... ::) ::)

EDIT:

Ukraine orders Crimea withdrawal
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26713727

Niri Te

You MIGHT wind up with large numbers of American Troops in what used to be East Germany, in case Putin tries to "rescue" them. It might wind up like what we had during the Cold War, where people like me, will have the code keys to the Nuclear Warheads of their units.
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tìtstewan on March 23, 2014, 03:53:12 PM
A reunion of Moldova with Russia...IMO impossible. ;) Transnistria, maybe, but not the whole Moldova. If the moldovian part would reunite with Romania, they would be in the EU as well as in the NATO.
Russia is big enough...and we don't need a Soviet Union 2.0...
Well, it's my opinion too. But all what Russia does looks like what sawtute have been doing on Pandora. Do you see that similarity?

....The sky people have sent us a message that they can take whatever they want and no one can stop them.

... The Russians showed us that they can take whatever they want and no one can stop them.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

President Barack Obama told today If Russia doesn't act responsibly, "there will be additional costs" that could hurt the global economy but will affect Russia most of all, he said at the Nuclear Security Summit in the Netherlands.
He added that Russia's annexation of Crimea "is not a done deal" because it's not internationally recognized. But he acknowledged that the Russian military controls Crimea, and said the world can make sure, through diplomacy and sanctions, that Russia pays a price.
"I think it would be dishonest to suggest there is a simple solution to resolving what has already taken place," Obama said, dismissing any suggestion that Russia's intervention in Crimea -- and hints that it could intervene in Ukraine to support Russian speakers -- was similar to NATO's intervention in Kosovo.
Obama also said Russia was more isolated now than it was roughly five years ago during its war with the former Soviet republic of Georgia, and more than it was during most of the 20th century when it was the Soviet Union.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/25/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Niri Te

If you people think that what Russia is doing to Crimea is bad, and the United States is so "Lilly White". Take a look at what the United States did to Queen Liliuokalani, and her INDEPENDENT ISLAND NATION of Hawaii back in 1898. MY but people in this Country have SHORT MEMORIES!!
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Tìtstewan

Well, The USA isn't _the_ correct state too. That mentioned thing with the Hawaian islands, but what is with the old parts of Mexico? With Puerto Rico? With American Samoa? etc.
The problem ist, that we can't just refering actions which hapened in the past. With this logic, Germany could also say to Poland, "give us the old Prussia". This IS impossible today.
The Hawaian Island, for example, can do a referendum and declare the indenpendence too, but it's way too late, I guess.

Time to grab guns and kill damn Russians – Tymoshenko in leaked tape
IF this thing is authentic, then *facepalm & fail* ::) ::)

bommel

Quote from: Niri Te on March 24, 2014, 11:27:08 AM
You MIGHT wind up with large numbers of American Troops in what used to be East Germany, in case Putin tries to "rescue" them. It might wind up like what we had during the Cold War, where people like me, will have the code keys to the Nuclear Warheads of their units.
Although I doubt Putin is interested in former East Germany, I share your fear of a new Cold War. Unfortunately history tends to repeat itself sometimes...

baritone

I ask administrators to block this discussion. We are in Moldova, Ukraine, Russia, the Baltic States looked the same movies and read the same books, and now we are speak the same language. We are even united in hatred to their governments. We do not need to quarrel.

If you want to do a good deed, please help to take the family of union activists to a safe place. They were worried about jobs in their cities and opposed the appointment of the oligarchs to be governors, so they were accused of separatism. Their lives are in danger. I was told if three families have already evacuated, but another ten families in need of salvation.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Heard today that Mastercard and Visa have shut down their transaction in Russia, that no Russian citizens are allowed to use.
For this reason, President Vladimir Putin have decided to start a national transaction method that only Russian citizens will use.

My opinion, there is no reason to raise higher sanctions against Russia, because we are losing a lot money on this, globally, and we need to pay the price, not the Russians.

Tìtstewan

Quote from: baritone on March 25, 2014, 03:05:55 PM
I ask administrators to block this discussion. We are in Moldova, Ukraine, Russia, the Baltic States looked the same movies and read the same books, and now we are speak the same language. We are even united in hatred to their governments. We do not need to quarrel.
I think, this thread is not created to make hates between us. :-X
I'm not agree what our chancellor Merkel (and I didn't vote her party at the last election, btw) or what actually Obama is doing. Sanctions harms mostly the citizen. Also, I do not wish a cold war 2.0 or the next world war... :(

Kamean

QuoteI think, this thread is not created to make hates between us.
That's right - we should not quarrel because of differences in political views. Because opposing viewpoints have been and always will be (for the West - annexation, for the majority of the Russian people - the restoration of historical justice).
The reason for the Crimean crisis - in the short-term memory. West decided that after 1991 Russia will never be its competitor and its opinion does not need no longer be considered. But Bismarck warned - this is a bad idea.

Do not expect that once taking advantage of Russia's weakness, you will receive dividends forever. Russian has always come for their money. And when they come - do not rely on an agreement signed by you, you are supposed to justify. They are not worth the paper it is written. Therefore, with the Russian is to play fair, or do not play.
Otto von Bismarck

Even the most favorable outcome of the war will never lead to the decomposition of the main forces of Russia, which is based on millions of Russian ... The latter, even if they break up international treaties, just as quickly re-connect with each other, like pieces of a particle of mercury ...
Otto von Bismarck
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

At first, there was 20000 soldiers at the border between Russia and Ukraine. Then it was reported it is 30000 soldiers. Now it is 40000 soldiers. It is increasing really fast, and President Barack Obama is very concerned Russia might invade territories in Ukraine.
But there is not known yet the accurate number of soldiers, but Ukrainian officials say there are up to 100,000 troops on the eastern border.

The first target is possibly Ukraine's second largest city, Kharkiv, with over 1.5 million citizens.
In Kharkiv there are 50% Ukrainians and 40% Russians, and this is a city that is fairly split over recent events further south.

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?/video/world/2014/03/28/look-penhual-ukraine-tension-russia-ukraine.cnn&hpt=hp_t1&video_referrer=

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/26/u-s-intel-assessement-greater-likelihood-russia-will-enter-eastern-ukraine/?hpt=hp_t1

baritone

I meant that here are Russian and Ukrainians, and we are object of information warfare.

As for the Russian troops on the border, even fascists and nationalists in Russia does not want war with Ukraine. Our government could not hope to have benefits from the invasion. To justify the invasion, the Russian government must start processing Russian public opinion. They should start saying that "Right Sector" terrorizing the population of the eastern regions of Ukraine. But in Russia, all the news from this region are suppressed. At the same time, the current Ukrainian government needs patriotic hysteria to consolidate his power.

As for the percentage of Ukrainians and Russian in Kharkov and other places, that does not matter. Separatist sentiment in Ukraine are strong where a lot of people employed in industry. I saw a report at the BBC site, which said that the pro-Russian sentiment related to fear for their jobs.

I believe that the Russian troops were deployed on the border with Ukraine as a hint of Kosovo. Putin wants the government of Ukraine did not resort to the military suppression of separatists. But Putin would not oppose individual terror or criminal prosecution against the pro-Russian separatist leaders, because it is not contrary to his interests. Judging from the video clips on YouTube, separatist leaders now become to observe secrecy and to prepare for guerrilla war. Someone who understands in Russian, can watch an interview with the trots from Moscow (it is ethnic Ukrainian), where he gives his opinion on the prospects of opposition in Ukraine.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Acting President of Ukraine, Oleksandr Turchynov, says an "anti-terrorist operation" is under way in Ukraine's restive eastern Donetsk region.

"It will be conducted step by step, responsibly, cautiously," he said. "The aim of these actions is to protect the citizens of Ukraine, to stop terror, to stop criminality, to stop attempts to tear Ukraine to pieces."
Tensions have soared in recent days in eastern Ukraine, where pro-Russian separatists have seized government and police buildings in as many as 10 towns and cities.
A Monday morning deadline set by Turchynov for protesters to disarm or face action by Ukraine's armed forces passed without any sign it was heeded.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/15/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Ukraine launches 'anti-terror' operation

U.S. officials say a Russian fighter jet made a dozen low-altitude passes on the USS Donald Cook in the Black Sea.
http://edition.cnn.com/video/?/video/world/2014/04/14/exp-lead-vo-tapper-russian-fighter-jet-provokes-u-s-ship-ukraine.cnn&hpt=hp_t1&from_homepage=yes&video_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fedition.cnn.com%2F
Russian fighter jet provokes U.S. ship

baritone

The Civil War started.  >:(
Anyone who wants to win, will win if his side are miners.
Miners are against joining Russia because Donetsk mines are subsidized by Ukrainian state.
I think that because of this, the Russian government believes that joining the south-east of Ukraine against the interests of Russia.
However, subsidies necessarily will be canceled during Ukrainian association with the EU.
This enables federation supporters opportunity to negotiate with the miners.
So it is not yet known who will win.
I would like to see if in the war spilled less blood, but it is a little hope.