Crimean crisis, will Crimea join Russia?

Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, March 18, 2014, 02:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kemaweyan

Putin's militants organize provocations shooting in opposite directions.

Who shelled Horlivka, Donetsk and Lugansk!?
In the video, you can see Putin's terrorists that they fired from multiple rocket launchers in two opposite directions - the Ukrainian army and civilians on the territory controlled by terrorists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKK777WIZXA
Nìrangal frapo tsirvun pivlltxe nìNa'vi :D

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Kemaweyan on June 13, 2015, 11:44:18 AM
Putin's militants organize provocations shooting in opposite directions.

Who shelled Horlivka, Donetsk and Lugansk!?
In the video, you can see Putin's terrorists that they fired from multiple rocket launchers in two opposite directions - the Ukrainian army and civilians on the territory controlled by terrorists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKK777WIZXA

Who are Putin's militants shooting at? The Ukrainian army?

Also, in other news, just recently read that Russia is claiming that they have managed to create a some sort of electro-magnetic waves weapon. A weapon that will send an EMP charge to knock out drones and missiles in a 10 km range. This weapon will be able to be installed on BUK-missile systems. It will be displayed and demonstrated at the Army-2015 Expo.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-demonstrates-its-first-microwave-gun-that-can-disable-drones-and-missiles-from-up-to-six-miles-away-at-army2015-10323243.html

Kemaweyan

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on June 16, 2015, 07:49:11 PM
Who are Putin's militants shooting at? The Ukrainian army?

The Ukrainian army and civilians.

Kemaweyan

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Russia might now plan to deploy nuclear weapons in Kaliningrad oblast, which is bordering Poland in the south and Lithuania with Baltics in the north and also Sweden over the Baltic Sea.
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0RN12920150923

阿波

I knew I shouldn't have come back to this bloody excuse for a place to live in...

Kemaweyan

MH17 – The Open Source Evidence

QuoteSummary

Based on the information above, it can be concluded that on July 17, 2014 a Buk missile launcher, originating from the 53rd Brigade near Kursk, Russia, travelled from Donetsk to Snizhne. It was then unloaded and drove under its own power to a field south of Snizhne, where at approximately 4:20 pm it launched a surface-to-air missile that hit Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 as it flew over Ukraine. On the morning of July 18, the Buk missile launcher was driven from Luhansk, Ukraine, across the border to Russia.

Alternative scenarios presented by the Russian Ministry of Defense and Almaz-Antey are at best deeply flawed, and at worst show a deliberate attempt to mislead using fabricated evidence.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Seems like World War 3 is about to begin real soon now. A Russian military jet has been shot down by Turkish military after it violated the entrance to Turkish airspace.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/russian-jet-shot-down-turkish-6610679

Tìtstewan

Eh, let's hope that we will NOT see a WW3. :o

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Toliman

Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 10, 2015, 05:19:27 PM
Eh, let's hope that we will NOT see a WW3. :o
This
Because WW3 would be last war ...

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

I hope so too that it will not happen but it looks like it is about to start. Russia can be taken for war crime and treason. First they conquered Crimea, and now they have violated both Turkey and Iran's airspace, In Iran, Russia was bombing in Iran aswell. Russia does not care about ISIS. They are attacking civilians instead, in Syria and Iran and now probably they will do it too in Turkey, and then they are gonna say it was just a mistake. It is not a mistake at all.

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

Quote from: archaic on October 11, 2015, 03:08:55 AM

Yes, hard true ...

Kemaweyan

Attention!

It's not as if I do often really ask for assistance, but right now, it's badly needed

The point is that a couple of hours ago a there was a provocative video disseminated on YouTube. People wearing masks and pretending to be fighters of the "Azov" regiment are threatening Dutchmen with possible terroristic acts in case the government of the Netherlands refuses to ratify the Ukraine-EU Association agreement.

This truly is a dirty and lousy provocation aimed to compromise Ukraine in the eyes of Europeans in general and Dutchmen in particular. This is done on the eve of publicizing of research results concerning the MH 17 flight that will prove the involvement of Russian leadership to the killings of 192 Dutch citizens. This also happens on the eve of the referendum concerning the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement the results of which are as important for Ukraine as they are for the future of the entire EU. An unknown yet a very determined party is trying to compromise Ukraine by playing the old propaganda clichés.

The provocation in general is a bad set up, it even comes down to the inappropriate uniform the so called "fighters" are wearing which is not used by the "Azov" regiment. What is also surprising is that the narrator has certain doubts concerning the fact where to put the stress in the word "Ukrainian". This set up is aimed at an audience that has very poor knowledge concerning the peculiarities of the ongoing conflict in eastern Ukraine. However, I surely can understand the strategy behind this type of "leaks", for it will be immediately disseminated through specially created accounts via social networks. It's even possible that in order to get more credibility even some "experts" will be used, but that will happen only if the video goes viral.

There's also a request to all Ukrainian colleagues engaged in the media communication process to scrutinize and bring this provocation to light. This will be a great test for our professionalism and readiness to work in a rapidly changing environment. We should certainly be ready to receive more of this type of surprises in future.

The request to all representatives of Ukrainian ethnic minorities abroad is to disseminate the denial of this provocation in foreign mass media

The request to all who read this message to share it as much as possible. This "leak" is extremely primitive, yet it's dirty at core and could lead to unpredictable consequences in case of no rapid and adequate response.

Original article: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=177333155961142&id=100010533766117&pnref=story

archaic

I apologize for the lateness of this reply.

Most of Europe knows that Putin will use underhanded propaganda in what ever way he thinks he can get away with.
Few in Holland will be fooled and most of the EU will see it for what it is.

Putin's problem is that he way raised under crude Stalinist propaganda, and imagines the rest of the world can be easily fooled by this kind of material. He' is wrong, most folks can't. It would need to be way more sophisticated.

Tay'waro

I can not imagine how can a normal person to believe a dirty Russian fake?

archaic

Because some people are very stupid and believe everything they see on TV.

Wllìm

Quote from: archaic on January 23, 2016, 07:53:13 AM
Few in Holland will be fooled and most of the EU will see it for what it is.

I can confirm this. Parts of the video were shown in the Dutch news, but with a comment from the Dutch news reporter in Russia, that it is almost certainly fake, and that it seems to fit in the pattern of the Russian authorities just wanting to cause as much confusion as possible. I don't think many Dutch people would believe this video is an official threat from Ukraine, considering how badly done it was ;) I don't think it will influence the Dutch referendum about the association agreement.

However, the referendum is going to be problematic. Obviously the government is going to campaign for the people to vote "yes", but there are large anti-Europe groups that would like the Netherlands to exit the European Union (yeah, what? I don't understand it either) and keep the EU as small as possible. They fear that this association agreement will, in the long term, cause Ukraine to join the EU, and hence are strongly lobbying for "no". The polls are not conclusive right now, but there seems to be a small majority for "no". :facepalm: