dreams and whatnot.

Started by Tapeworm, May 15, 2011, 12:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapeworm

So, I've had several, probably 3 or 4 dreams like this.
I don't like Avatar, but I'm perfectly fine with it if I don't watch it.
On that note, the dreams I'm talking about have na'vi in them.
They're always first person dreams (all of my dreams are), and I'm having the best time, and
I feel safe there.
I can actually feel what goes on in my dreams, especially falling, running or jumping.

In most of my dreams though, I'm Tapeworm (my 'sona. I'd call him my fursona, but alas, he's hairless).
This got me thinking "what if dreams are alternate lives?"

I know this sounds kinda fantardish, but I wasn't even thinking about the movie at the time.

Kxangangang! re'o tem!

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

I have too had na'vi in my dream, me myself was na'vi, and I have been an Ikran too

Sіr. Ηaxalot

If you've just started learning I don't think it's that strange. Dreams often represent things that have been on your mind lately.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

and last night I dreamed that I was killed by a dinosaur.
I was someplace, suddenly came a dinousaur, I just wtf? A dinosaur?
Me and many other people tried to get away, I saw a camping car, I tried to hide inside there, behind a desk, so the dinosaur wouldn't see me, but he saw me and the dinosaur butted the camping car, and I died. Every other people ran to the sea to get away, and one of the people found me, It was a woman who held me in the water. It was a tragically dream  :'(

Human No More

I've dreamed of Pandora lot. There's one dream I have sometimes, where I'm watching myself, as a Na'vi, sanding in Hometree, going through the part of becoming one, with all the Na'vi placing their hands on my shoulders. That dream always make me cry, from happiness and from wishing I was there :'(
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Kamean

Quote from: Human No More on May 15, 2011, 12:39:22 PM
I've dreamed of Pandora lot. There's one dream I have sometimes, where I'm watching myself, as a Na'vi, sanding in Hometree, going through the part of becoming one, with all the Na'vi placing their hands on my shoulders. That dream always make me cry, from happiness and from wishing I was there :'(
I also had similar dreams, but I never saw myself from outside.
With the tail and moving his ears managed as if I they always have ever had.
Very interesting experience from tsaheylu. Feel, how consciousnesses can be divided into thousands of threads that interweawing into one beautiful pattern.
:) ;) :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

I have including dreamed about the Avatar world before, I dreamed that I was on a world like Pandora. This dream was before I knew about Avatar, I think it was in a time round 2008. that time I newer knew about Avatar or it was going to release, never heard about the word Avatar and never knew about James Cameron. sounds very weird, so is it possible that I could see how the Avatar world was going to look like or something :-\

Tapeworm

Kxangangang! re'o tem!

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

you'll never will believe what dream I have had this night

I dreamt that I was in a fantasy world, I did something wrong in this world, and I was "banned for life" to be in the fantasy world, then I needed to sign a contract that I was going into a new world, a futuristic world, It was the same name, and the same place of this fantasy world, I needed to find a teleport that could transport me to the futuristic world, I finally found the teleport, I saw down on the contract, and then I was going to go inside the teleporter

It was like a "magic mirror teleporter" like this one

when I was going to inside it, my mom came inside my rom, to say I needed to wake up, that was so stupid, I was angry( >:() about that, I would see that world!!!!!!!

Emtokay

Dreams are like TV the show ends or you go to an add just when the show is at a good part. Like dreams you're about to do something cool then BAM!!! it's 6:10 in the morning and I need to go to work :(
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Irtaviš Ačankif

Go learn lucid dreaming.

Good scientific techniques resource: http://www.lucidity.com/
LD forum (beware pseudoscience in Beyond Dreaming and so-called Research sub-forums): http://dreamviews.com/

I am more into Na'vi than lucid dreaming these days, but I'm sure I can design a Pandoran dream someday. Additionally, my friend who is a pan-sci-fi fan is a lucid dreamer and has had serial dreams set in 2019 when Star Wars droids, LotR orcs, and some stuff from Stargate SG-1 have invaded the earth and he leads a bunch of people fighting them off with weapons from any fictional universe or real life. That's just so cool.

In a nutshell, you can learn to control your dreams and continue your adventure on Pandora as long as you like. However, practice might take more time than learning Na'vi...
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Kamean

Dreams are the answers to the questions that we did not bother to ask.

Lolet

Quote from: Kamean on July 14, 2011, 01:33:04 PM
Dreams are the answers to the questions that we did not bother to ask.

I don't really like to go on the things I see in dreams. Too many times I've woken up and though, "Thank God it was only a dream".

Kamean

Quote from: Lolet te Maticay on July 14, 2011, 01:37:05 PM
I don't really like to go on the things I see in dreams. Too many times I've woken up and though, "Thank God it was only a dream".
Agree. But the bad dreams can make you more careful, otherwise, you would have behaved carelessly. Several times it has helped me avoid unpleasant consequences.

Lolet

Quote from: Kamean on July 14, 2011, 01:41:28 PM
Quote from: Lolet te Maticay on July 14, 2011, 01:37:05 PM
Quote from: Kamean on July 14, 2011, 01:33:04 PM
Agree. But the bad dreams can make the act more cautiously, where, otherwise, you would have behaved carelessly. Several times it has helped me avoid unpleasant consequences.

Sometimes in dreams you can do things you wouldn't do in real life, such as confronting someone. It feels good to yell at the dream guy, even though they're not real.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

last night, I had the most weirdest dream, you will never guess what it was, it was not about Avatar, it was something other funny and weird
If I tell you that dream you will laugh a lot, a lot, haha =D
when I woke up I just what the f***?

But, will you that I am going to tell you it?

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

double post, sorry

Okay, that funny that was in the dream, was that Dolores Umbridge was there, she had me as a prison, but I got away, I think it was inside a castle, I was running, and then she came running after me, haha, then I came to a gate, a gate that was several meters high, but I got rescued, I got rescued by a dragon, that was good :)

but It was soooo weird that Dolores Umbridge, from Harry Potter and the Phoenix was there,
she had the same clothes, as she has in this picture