Norwegian professor in Norway planning to decrease number of born childs

Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, January 22, 2013, 01:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on January 27, 2013, 11:29:35 AM
We still have a chance to save the planet. I believe so we have, I know we have a chance.
We need to think about the future for the children's on the planet. The children are the next generation, and they will be harmed a lot in the future, if we don't take acts now.

We have a chance to save our planet if most or all of the climate change is man-caused. However, I believe that a good deal of the climate change we are experiencing is due to natural changes in the sun. In which case, we are literally at the mercy of our own star.

Even without climate change, man is systematically destroying his world. Unless there is a fundamental change in the mindset of every person (And the only force powerful enough to do this is 'religion', and it so far hasn't worked), I doubt we can veer off this course.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tsmuktengan

Sadly, it seems that most of the developing countries won't contribute to avoiding damaging the environment yet.

European countries could take measures to reduce their popultion, this would not help at all and even weaken the continent with social and economical issues.

French studies and  research on the question showed that a country that has an average of between 2 and 3 child per family is a country that is OK, with only slow increase or decrease in population, and sufficient renewal of population. With adequate policies, there woundn't even be the huge social pressure of the unique child law.

Responsability now mainly goes to the emerging countries to solve problems that not only concerns global environment, but also them : the cities of these emerging countries often suffer of overpopulation, health and education issues.

I think responsible environmentalism can't be done by taking humans as a cancer (which to me is sterile and inhuman), but as a living specie that does needs restrain, but essentially good health and education in order to avoid messing around and to take good actions. Good education should also prevent irresponsible consuming... which is difficult to teach to people who discover new luxuries they don't only want to sample.

Vawmataw

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on January 27, 2013, 06:17:40 PM
However, I believe that a good deal of the climate change we are experiencing is due to natural changes in the sun. In which case, we are literally at the mercy of our own star.
KEHE.

Global warming and cooling cycle is totally normal. It is caused by the orbit of the Earth. ;)

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on February 03, 2013, 11:27:32 PM
European countries could take measures to reduce their popultion, this would not help at all and even weaken the continent with social and economical issues.

We are more than 7 billions of people. It's too much!

A big part of humanity will die by the middle of the 22nd century. So sad.  :( I have no sources, but I think that.
We'll pass from 8 billions to hundreds of million.

The humanity will extinct, for me, during the 22nd or, if we're lucky, the 23rd century.

We think always to save people we love, people of our community and the whole planet population, but we kill us while. :(

I will have my whole life correct (I have 60 years to live), but I don't think that for my kids. :(
Like One Direction's song says: We live while we're young.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Irtaviš Ačankif

Sadly, it seems that most of the developing countries won't contribute to avoiding damaging the environment yet.
I really agree with this. The "developed" countries are always blaming themselves rather than the poor helpless developing world. The truth is that even if America disappeared from the face of the earth, overall pollution wouldn't decrease much.

And the news in China is always "hypocritical America and Europe wants us to reduce pollution, and they stay polluting and say that just to stop our growth."
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Kameyu a Kepekmì on February 04, 2013, 07:43:13 AM
Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on January 27, 2013, 06:17:40 PM
However, I believe that a good deal of the climate change we are experiencing is due to natural changes in the sun. In which case, we are literally at the mercy of our own star.
KEHE.

Global warming and cooling cycle is totally normal. It is caused by the orbit of the Earth. ;)
Oh no, please, not that again. :-X
Here is not necessary to discuse that topic.

Quote from: Kameyu a Kepekmì on February 04, 2013, 07:43:13 AM

We are more than 7 billions of people. It's too much!

A big part of humanity will die by the middle of the 22nd century. So sad.  :( I have no sources, but I think that.
We'll pass from 8 billions to hundreds of million.

The humanity will extinct, for me, during the 22nd or, if we're lucky, the 23rd century.

We think always to save people we love, people of our community and the whole planet population, but we kill us while. :(

I will have my whole life correct (I have 60 years to live), but I don't think that for my kids. :(
Like One Direction's song says: We live while we're young.
Where you get this Idea?

A child-birth-controll in an industry nation is not really necessary, because the birthrate are really slow here. Thus birth-control will make sense in developing nations.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Vawmataw

The peak of humanity will be reached a day.

Your stats are right, but it will change.

We can change, but they will be so sad the consequences of global warming. :(

Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 04, 2013, 09:51:13 AM

Ìì... We'll be 9 billions in 2045.

We were 2 billions in 1930 and 6 billions in 1999.

It's growing... quickly, but it's slower now.

Tìtstewan

My biology teacher has said:
With the menkind will like bacteria in a petri dish. They augment fast as long they have food. If the food start to ends, the bacteria can't augment anymore - the population peak is reached. More bacteria dies than new comming bactrias. This go untill a certain point, wich the population will stabilize.
The same will happen with the menkind. Resources of earth are not endless.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Vawmataw

Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 04, 2013, 10:09:29 AM
My biology teacher has said:
With the menkind will like bacteria in a petri dish. They augment fast as long they have food. If the food start to ends, the bacteria can't augment anymore - the population peak is reached. More bacteria dies than new comming bactrias. This go untill a certain point, wich the population will stabilize.
The same will happen with the menkind. Resources of earth are not endless.
True.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Its interesting to see that the birth rate in Africa as a continent is so high. I suspect that this is due to the continent's place as an ideal place for large animals to live, and that includes us as 'animals'. Just as life turns over very rapidly in the animal world there, I bet it does in the human population as well. (Do you have a chart for death rate? I bet it is really high there as well.). But even Africa is suffering from human encroachment, and the sound of the lion's roar may soon be but a memory...  :(

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tìtstewan

Vawmataw

Tìtstewan

A mortality rate of 9.5 means in a population of 1,000 would mean 9.5 deaths per year.

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on February 04, 2013, 03:38:01 PM
Its interesting to see that the birth rate in Africa as a continent is so high. I suspect that this is due to the continent's place as an ideal place for large animals to live, and that includes us as 'animals'.

Accoarding to several studies, the causes of such a high birth rate in Africa are numerous and piling. Typically, here are the causes of such a huge population growth :

• Poor populations have now more access to medicine and drugs, and some african countries fight against counterfeited products, thus reducing the infant mortality rate.
  • Couples mary young, and have very large families, despite the poverty, for several motives (pride and respect, fertility, children to pay the parents pension in the future or help to work in agriculture, etc.)
  • In very religious cultures, poor populations tend to make another child as soon as one is just born, as this is seen there as a benediction of God, and the mother should immediatly give a new life again and again.
  • Poor education result in the absence of family planing, and lack of caring for the children themselves, creating a vicious circle.
  • Females in poor and undevelopped societies often don't have a chance to do something else than raising their children at home and give birth to more, their status and rights being very low.
  • No contraception plans, or use of uneffective traditional practices or beliefs.

With such conditions this explains that several poor societies in Africa or Asia grow at a very high pace. Once these countries finally develop after some time, all these masses start consuming a lot and can potentially use more ressources than there actually is in their region, in order to satisfy the population's demand.

This is why limitation of growth in European countries is pretty much wrong : while being strongly susceptible to create huge issues, it just does not even scratch the real problems. What country from the North (including the emerging nations) can do however is working on reducing the ecologic footprint, yet without taking absurd and inapropriate laws for the sake of poorly designed ecology, like it is the case now in France.