Farewell, My Friends!

Started by Yayo, February 03, 2013, 10:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yayo

I've decided that after a long extended period of inactivity, I'm to delete my account. I feel that I am not holding up my end as a moderator of boards and am not here enough nor dedicate enough time to studying Na'vi; it appears that I lost the interest some time ago. I'd like to thank you all for your company - I know that LN certainly helped me through rough patches in which I saw no purpose to life. To all of my friends on here - I thank you especially; the moments we shared together will not soon be forgotten.

I'll stay until Friday to say my goodbyes - I hope that this forum continues to prosper as it did when I started out.

Regards,
Callum (Yayo)

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Vawmataw

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DON'T GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:'( :'( :'( :'(
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Yayo

Hi,
I'm afraid I don't know/remember you... Did you have an old screen name? And sorry - my mind's made up. I'm not posting this thread for attention or comments - I genuinely wish to say goodbye to people.

Yayo on facebook

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

NOOOOOOO!!!! :(

That's too bad, that you must leave us  :( :(

Vawmataw

Quote from: Yayo on February 03, 2013, 10:49:52 AM
I'm afraid I don't know/remember you...
I didn't know you, but I wish that you had a great time with us.

Quote from: Yayo on February 03, 2013, 10:49:52 AM
I'm not posting this thread for attention or comments.
We don't have to ignore you. You were probably a part of the Learn Na'vi forum's soaia.

That's always sad when someone leaves.

Yayo

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on February 03, 2013, 10:50:49 AM
NOOOOOOO!!!! :(

That's too bad, that you must leave us  :( :(

I always did enjoy your numerous posts about... well, everything! Especially the Space etc. thread - that was always good for an update.

Quote from: Kameyu a Kepekmì on February 03, 2013, 10:48:12 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DON'T GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:'( :'( :'( :'(

It's a shame I didn't get to know the 'moderner' members - being 'old on here' like me, I never remember to introduce myself to the newer people.

Yayo on facebook

Eanayayo

Nooooooooooooo! Don't leave us! :'( :(
Frasuteri kin ayoengìl....

NotW #127: Eana Yayo
   _0
/ / \
_/\
   /

Tìtstewan

For the love of Eywa, NOOOO!
Please, don't leave us! :(

Well, you don't know me and I don't know you, but who cares?
This is sad only, when a good member want to leave LN.org.
So that is your decision and we have to accept. :(

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Toruk Makto

If you must go,  at least leave your account intact so your many messages don't get tagged as "guest" under your name.  :(

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I know that you said 'I have made up my mind'. But I want to ask you to consider changing your mind.

Our lives are under continual change and stress. I count myself fortunate that I have been able to really stick with the community now for just a bit under 3 years. (If you had told me three years ago that three years hence, I would be nuts about conlanging and linguistics, I would have said Nga lu lekye'ung except I would have said it in English!)

Toruk Makto beat me to the punch to tell you not to delete your account. If you ever want to just drop in occasionally, or come back, your account will be here, waiting for you, ready to go. Most importantly, you will always be welcome here. The 'family' nature of this community has not really changed since I joined, and I doubt it will change much in the future. Slow down? Sure. Not everyone can devote the time necessary to keep up their proficiency in Na'vi. But others that have left have later returned. And we will continue to laugh with each other, cry with each other, and learn from each other as long as 'Rrta is here.

So, leave for a while if you have to. Even the great Tirea Aean has had to do this. Or visit less often. But please don't 'erase your memory from Eywa'! Once a blueskin, always a blueskin!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tsmuktengan

I think `Eylan Ayfalulukanä said it pretty much all of it. Even me can't spend as much time and energy as I would like. A few times, I had to step away for some periods, just because I had to concentrate on other critical stuff, and was less motivated. It comes back periodicaly for me.

Yet, to still be able to identify you in the future, and to always be able to post a few times in the future, I would strongly advise you not to delete your account.

In any case, take care of yourself.  ;)

Vawmataw

'Itan Atxur

Goodbye ma Yayo. I enjoyed our conversations about books. You will be missed.

P.S. Do you really need to delete your account? That seems drastic to me.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Alyara Arati

Quote from: Toruk Makto on February 03, 2013, 09:59:38 PM
If you must go,  at least leave your account intact so your many messages don't get tagged as "guest" under your name.  :(

This!  I miss playing forum games with you in the middle of my night. ;)  I miss your astounding vocabulary. ;D
If you must go, then I will continue to miss these things. :(  Take good care of yourself, ma Yayo! :-*
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Yayo

QuoteIf you must go, then I will continue to miss these things.

We'll still have our Skype contacts - we can still talk (if you ever go online :p). If you're all wondering, I wish to delete my account as if I weren't to do it and be, as you say, inactive, it would imply that I am still wholeheartedly a member of this community. While that is true to a certain point, my heart just isn't in it anymore and I don't want my idle account to mislead or confuse any future/current members.

Yayo on facebook

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

That is simply not true. Not being active on your account simply means you are not active. Wholeheartedness has little to do with it. I don't think there is a single person anywhere in these forums who is 'completely committed'. We all have lives, and although there is much good associated with it, at the end of the day, Avatar is just a movie.

Do what you want. But I really don't think burning your bridges is wise. I am guessing you are a young person, and I have learned from the wisdom of my years (52) that burning bridges is not a good idea, unless there is something blatantly wrong with the situation.

Yawey ngahu!

Yayo

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on February 05, 2013, 04:59:55 PM

hat burning bridges is not a good idea

Hardly burning bridges; I'm simply attempting to move on with my life.

Yayo on facebook

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Yayo on February 07, 2013, 11:22:35 AM
Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on February 05, 2013, 04:59:55 PM

hat burning bridges is not a good idea

Hardly burning bridges; I'm simply attempting to move on with my life.

Do what you want, then. The fact that you are spending a week to say 'goodbye' tells me you have an uncertainty about this decision, even if it isn't a conscious uncertainty. Someday when you have gained the wisdom of a few more years, you will realize how bad permanently turning your back on a community of friends really is.

Yawey ngahu!

Stranger Come Knocking

Ma 'Eylan, don't you think maybe you're being a tad harsh?  I don't know Yayo, but if he wants to pack up and move on, that's his choice.  Giving a week to say good-bye might be testament to the (slight) inactivity of the forum as a whole in that if someone gets on only once this week who does know him, they can still say good-bye instead of it being a missed opportunity.

As far as your actual departure, ma Yayo, I wish you well, but agree that permanently deleting everything might be a bit much.  I have many accounts on other sites that would be considered inactive and I might only visit once every few months, but they are mine and if I do decide to go back, then they'll be waiting.

But at any rate, farewell and good luck. :)
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.