Hurricane Irene

Started by Emtokay, August 26, 2011, 08:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

power back on as of just a few minutes ago. the weather was amazingly gorgeous today :D

Seze Mune

Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 28, 2011, 08:16:56 PM
power back on as of just a few minutes ago. the weather was amazingly gorgeous today :D

The contrast between those two must have been stunning!

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Seze Mune on August 28, 2011, 09:47:32 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 28, 2011, 08:16:56 PM

The contrast between those two must have been stunning!

indeed.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

I have heard that Irene is coming to us here in Norway, but nothing much will be affected, little more rain than normal, it says that she will be a
"typical North-Atlantic low pressure"

CyanRachel

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on August 26, 2011, 09:06:54 PM
Well Tirea Aean is in Maryland and Ftiafpi and Skxawng are in Maine. There are a few in Virginia but they should be far enough inland. Irene mostly seems to be hitting New York. I don't think LN has any members there but I think we should still definitely keep the people of New York in our thoughts and prayers.

-Txonä Rolyu

Well, I live in New Jersey which is *near* New York.  :)

Anyway, I'm okay here...the tropical storm/hurricane has finally passed! The only damage I can see out my kitchen window is one tree down (a small tree, and it only fell on the grass thankfully). Poor utral!  :(
Although, many roads in the area, including some parts of the highways, are closed b/c of flooding and downed trees. Also, there's no electricity in the print shop where I work, so I had a day off today. My home is fine, I do have electricity here (and Internet access).
Wow though -- there was A LOT of rain on Saturday, with very strong winds, and yesterday the winds were brutal!  :o
It was a little scary, but thankfully no major damage was done to my home here. Today is a nice sunny day, no rain and very little wind, and the next 2 days will be more of the same, so that'll be good for the clean-up efforts. I do feel bad for all those poor people who weren't as lucky as me, who got the brunt of the hurricane and all the damage it caused.  :'(
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

archaic

Good to hear that everyone affected here so far is OK, just waiting to hear from a few narf's of mine.

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on August 29, 2011, 12:30:01 PM
I have heard that Irene is coming to us here in Norway, but nothing much will be affected, little more rain than normal, it says that she will be a
Hmm, as a name "Typical North-Atlantic Low Pressure Irene" lacks a certain je ne sais quoi.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Seze Mune

Quote from: archaic on August 29, 2011, 02:42:45 PM
Good to hear that everyone affected here so far is OK, just waiting to hear from a few narf's of mine.

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on August 29, 2011, 12:30:01 PM
Hmm, as a name "Typical North-Atlantic Low Pressure Irene" lacks a certain je ne sais quoi.

C'est vrai, ça.   ;)

Tirea Aean

ah good ol memories of French :)

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: CyanRachel on August 29, 2011, 02:32:00 PM
Well Tirea Aean is in Maryland and Ftiafpi and Skxawng are in Maine. There are a few in Virginia but they should be far enough inland. Irene mostly seems to be hitting New York. I don't think LN has any members there but I think we should still definitely keep the people of New York in our thoughts and prayers.

-Txonä Rolyu

Anyway, I'm okay here...the tropical storm/hurricane has finally passed! The only damage I can see out my kitchen window is one tree down (a small tree, and it only fell on the grass thankfully). Poor utral!  :(
Although, many roads in the area, including some parts of the highways, are closed b/c of flooding and downed trees. Also, there's no electricity in the print shop where I work, so I had a day off today. My home is fine, I do have electricity here (and Internet access).
Wow though -- there was A LOT of rain on Saturday, with very strong winds, and yesterday the winds were brutal!  :o
It was a little scary, but thankfully no major damage was done to my home here. Today is a nice sunny day, no rain and very little wind, and the next 2 days will be more of the same, so that'll be good for the clean-up efforts. I do feel bad for all those poor people who weren't as lucky as me, who got the brunt of the hurricane and all the damage it caused.  :'(

Oh goodness  :o I didn't know you were that close to the coast! I'm glad to hear you're ok and no major damage to your house :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Seze Mune

Quote from: CyanRachel on August 29, 2011, 02:32:00 PM

-Txonä Rolyu

I hope you aren't still swimming around there in New Jersey!

Hufwe ta'em

We receive the rest of Irene in Montreal, Wind and rain all day long.
Result of the day, a trash can smash on my balcony and flew off away. I got cold because i where going my grosery and i dint lose the power at home.