over 400 people injured by a meteorite impact in Russia

Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, February 15, 2013, 03:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Eana Yayo on February 15, 2013, 11:38:30 PM
Ma 'Eylan Ayfalulukanä, tell me, where is tunguska meteor? Nowhere. Where are crater and parts of meteor? Nowhere. Maybe it exploded, but parts of it must to be after explosion.  They aren't.

There is much recovered material, and its composition is well known. A lake in the region shows strong evidence that it was created about the same time as the blast. Recently, some large fragments of material were found embedded in the permafrost.

Eyewitness accounts sound very much like what was observed in Russia yesterday.

There is no way that Tesla's Wardenclyffe tower created enough energy to cause this blast. The blast released more energy than the combined electric power capabilities of all the utilities then in existence in the US. Also, Tesla's facilities were not in use at the time. The bottom line: All of the 'consiracy theories' regarding Tunguska are easily debunked. (All that said, Tesla's 'magnifying transmitter' is a really interesting piece of technology. Tesla did not fully understand the physics of how it worked, as they were still being worked out at the time. Today, any student of AC electronics can easily explain how the device worked.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Eanayayo

New information from NASA website:
Length 17 m
Speed in atmosphere 64000 km/h or ~18 km/s
Power of explosion 0.5 Megaton(Hiroshima's nuke 20 kiloton, Tunguska event 50 Mton, biggest nuke 100 Mton)

NotW #127: Eana Yayo
   _0
/ / \
_/\
   /

Tìtstewan

Ma `Eylan Ayfalulukanä

The problem with the Tonguska event is, there are no material from the meteorite, so I think it was an ice-comet.
Most witnesses reported an explosion, but some also from several up to fourteen explosions. We dont know what is happend there. That's intersting.

Quote from: Eana Yayo on February 16, 2013, 04:25:04 AM
Power of explosion 0.5 Megaton(Hiroshima's nuke 20 kiloton, Tunguska event 50 Mton, biggest nuke 100 Mton)
The biggest nuke was 50-60 mega tons...
Царь-бомба

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

wow!!!

Meteor over San Francisco
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=8995402

Now, there has been 3 meteors, in 24 hours. Russia, Cuba and San Francisco.

Tìtstewan

:o
Who knows, maybe a big asterorid is in the proximity. Big asteroid are often followed by small fragments. :o

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 16, 2013, 11:17:39 AM
:o
Who knows, maybe a big asterorid is in the proximity. Big asteroid are often followed by small fragments. :o

I guess the asteroid 2012 DA14. It can't be other asteroids.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 16, 2013, 10:26:24 AM
Ma `Eylan Ayfalulukanä

The problem with the Tonguska event is, there are no material from the meteorite, so I think it was an ice-comet.
Most witnesses reported an explosion, but some also from several up to fourteen explosions. We dont know what is happend there. That's intersting.

Like most of the meteorites we have experienced in the last year, the Tunguska meteorite exploded into millions of pieces. If you read the link I provided, the area below the blast has numerous tiny nodules of meteoric material. Some larger pieces were recently found embedded in permafrost. And a nearby lake shows evidence that it was formed by debris from the explosion.

The big meteor crater here in the US has surprisingly little meteor material in it. But tiny bits of it can be found all around the crater.

Yawey ngahu!

Eanayayo

_0
/ / \
_/\
   /

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Kamean on February 16, 2013, 02:26:34 PM
Quote from: Eana Yayo on February 16, 2013, 02:20:35 PM
Quote50-60
Tìtstewan, i know, it's my mistake. :-[
Don't worry, all OK. :D
All is OK. :D
By the way, the Tsar bomb was conceived for 100 Mtons. :o

Kamean

QuoteBy the way, the Tsar bomb was conceived for 100 Mtons. Шокированный
I know it. ;)

Eanayayo

First variant of bomb was 101.5 Mton. :o :D Scientists feared because it can be self-sustaining nuclear reaction in air.  :o

_0
/ / \
_/\
   /

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Eana Yayo on February 16, 2013, 03:17:45 PM
First variant of bomb was 101.5 Mton. :o :D Scientists feared because it can be self-sustaining nuclear reaction in air.  :o

There's not enough hydrogen in air to sustain a nuclear reaction, plus there was no way of containing the energy to keep it going.

Yawey ngahu!

Kamean

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on February 16, 2013, 07:47:09 PM
Quote from: Eana Yayo on February 16, 2013, 03:17:45 PM

There's not enough hydrogen in air to sustain a nuclear reaction, plus there was no way of containing the energy to keep it going.
Maybe this journalistic legend?

Eanayayo

Maybe is it Wikipedia? :P :D

My 1500th spamer's post :D

_0
/ / \
_/\
   /

Kamean

Eanayayo

Мне еще кто-то на википедию указывал... Да, да, да... ;D
Journalistic legends and facts. ;)

_0
/ / \
_/\
   /

Irtaviš Ačankif

Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

There's a lot of good information on Wikipedia. One just needs to learn the fine art of determining what is likely accurate, and what isn't.

Yawey ngahu!

Irtaviš Ačankif

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on February 19, 2013, 09:43:54 PM
There's a lot of good information on Wikipedia. One just needs to learn the fine art of determining what is likely accurate, and what isn't.
And be bold to edit out obviously wrong information...often a clearly wrong passage is marked with [dubious discuss] but nobody discusses it and it stays there, a factually wrong, epically misspelled sentence in the middle of a really nice article.
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.