Rituals

Started by Na'rìng, January 18, 2010, 02:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kharvilak

Wake up, rush around getting ready for work to be there at 6:00am, leave work around 3:00pm, head home, do whatever until 1:00am - 2:00am, go to bed.  Weekends vary from week to week.
Not much of what I'd call a ritual, but that's my typical week.

Now I do have a daily ritual of meditation every night, usually around 9:00pm - 10:00pm... shorter duration during the winter, and longer during the warmer months.  I have a 12' stone circle with a stone alter in my backyard that I sit in for meditation, and I like the fact that we have a good amount of trees in our backyard, considering we live in town.  The thing that annoys me is the street lights in the ally behind my yard... I've been tempted on occasion to take a BB gun to them :-\.

My clan does observe the 4 primary solar holidays of The High Feast of Ostara, Midsummer, Winter Finding, and Yule (Spring Equinox, Summer Solstice, Autumn Equinox, and Winter Solstice, respectively).  While some may refer to these as times of ritual, they are more or less just holidays.

d5ive

for me, I wake up at 6:30 am every weakday, have shower, eat, go to school, and then come home/occasionally will sit in the botanic gardens for about 30 mins, really helps just keep me peacfull and unflustered (as some of you would put it, to keep in touch with Eywa), then I get home and 3 of the 5 weekdays I will go to the pool and swim for at least 50 laps, alternating fast and slow to keep up speed but also emdurance. Will then come home and do homework, MSN, forums of various types, eat dinner at around 9pm (I know its late as but thats the time when mum has it ready :P) then bed.

As for weekends, Saturday is sleep in, eat and go to school sport/movie with friends (Avatar of course), come home and either go to the pool or homework or anything that keeps me awake, I own a fewl Radio controlled cars and helicopters and these keep me occupied every sunday when I go to heli club.

And thats about it, appart from the fact that every night i go to bed at almost midnight because of the late dinner time. XD
:O Got my own copy of Avatar on Blu Ray now!

Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men - Jean Rostand

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)