Rituals

Started by Na'rìng, January 18, 2010, 02:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na'rìng

What kind of things do you do every day, in the same order each time you do it?

For me, before I go to sleep every night I do 100 pushups & 100 situps, then I do some reading, then I do some mental math (really helps me keeping me on top of my game!), then I start listening to some binaural frequencies (I prefer 420hz +- 7 hz (416.5hz left and 423.5hz right, wearing headphones), my mind differenciates 7hz between the two frequencies, which not only helps communication between my left and right brain hemispheres and helps my mind to get ready to learn the next day (theta frequencies are considered as the learning frequencies for me. Case in point: children seem to have a better capability to learn then adults. And that is because their mind's frequencies has a higher intensity in the theta range!), but they also contribute to some of my wildest dreams!). I set the 'song' to single repeat, and fall asleep!

That is my only constant 'ritual' of mine. How about you guys?
Eywa ngahu ma smukan.
Eywa'evengä yawne lu oeru.

It kraon. XD!!! (Speak it the Na'vi way)

Swok Txon

My ritual (during school)

Get home, do my homework THEN

memorize something to check if my photographic memory is still working

get some shots practice for basketball (I am starting shooting guard at my high school)

and do some general fitness, jumping, backpedaling etc. (As i am starting cornerback at my high school as well)

Count it!

Étienne

I punch 10 babies a day.

Zalorticus

Well, every other day I do a bunch of sit ups, but I do my regular workout everyday (sit ups, pushups, squats, calf/shin raises, small weights). I try to get in some measure of parkour training, be it running through the house or training outside. I also do homework at 5 AM to wake up in the morning.

(Na'Ring- I have heard of binaural frequencies before. I have tried some myself, but they only work occasionally.)
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Étienne on January 20, 2010, 04:00:45 AM
I punch 10 babies a day.

Just as long as you don't kick your dog. We would have "words" about that.

I have some new rituals. Avatar showed me how flabby I have let myself get. I am running in the morning again. I will never look like a Na'vi, but I can darn well not look like the typical modern softy. I then have one piece of fruit and then drive to work. 

Rituals are the best way I know to stay on track of what you want to achieve.  Good topic!

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Reronsem Si

Before my surgery, my ritual was pretty simple. I had been laid off and decided to spend my off time going back to my old high school ritual during the summer. I was also prepping for Air Force boot camp, but like I said this was before surgery.

Wake up at 5am. Load up on breakfast and let the stomach settle for an hour or so. Pull ups (Not Chin ups) on a pyramid system. Meaning do 1, then 2, then 3 until you cap, then you count down. Giving myself a minor break in between. Let the arms relax and I'll do sit ups and leg lifts. Then go to push ups in a pyramid again. Walk for 15 minutes in full sweats to warm up sense it's typically wet and cold in the morning. Then run for 30 minutes. Walk another 15 and that ends my cardio.

I would then load up on fruits for the quick carbs and sugars to replenish. Wait another hour then do weights. I would isolate muscle groups every other day with no more than 3 days straight of heavy lifts, crucial to have a day of rest, otherwise the muscle keeps tearing and tearing and won't build up. By this time it's midday. Would eat some lunch and relax for an hour or so. Then head to the beach and surf or body board until 5-6pm. Eat dinner then do a walk and small pyramid of push ups and follow with sit ups. Try and finish no later than 8pm. That way I can sleep comfortably and not from exhaustion.

After my surgery, lets just say my lower back was worked on, killed all of this. My ritual now is to wake up and pack my open wound that has been slowly healing over for 6 months. The surgery also made me medically unfit to join the Air Force, so a big mental hit with that one. Unfortunately, healing and the boredom has made me eat non stop adding to my weight and the lack of movement because of the wound has pretty much made me lose the majority of my muscle mass. When I do finally get healed completely and get the "ok" from the doctor, I'm going right back into the above ritual again.

Suteyä Hawnuyu

Quote from: Reronsem Si on January 20, 2010, 04:53:30 PM
Before my surgery, my ritual was pretty simple. I had been laid off and decided to spend my off time going back to my old high school ritual during the summer. I was also prepping for Air Force boot camp, but like I said this was before surgery.

Wake up at 5am. Load up on breakfast and let the stomach settle for an hour or so. Pull ups (Not Chin ups) on a pyramid system. Meaning do 1, then 2, then 3 until you cap, then you count down. Giving myself a minor break in between. Let the arms relax and I'll do sit ups and leg lifts. Then go to push ups in a pyramid again. Walk for 15 minutes in full sweats to warm up sense it's typically wet and cold in the morning. Then run for 30 minutes. Walk another 15 and that ends my cardio.

I would then load up on fruits for the quick carbs and sugars to replenish. Wait another hour then do weights. I would isolate muscle groups every other day with no more than 3 days straight of heavy lifts, crucial to have a day of rest, otherwise the muscle keeps tearing and tearing and won't build up. By this time it's midday. Would eat some lunch and relax for an hour or so. Then head to the beach and surf or body board until 5-6pm. Eat dinner then do a walk and small pyramid of push ups and follow with sit ups. Try and finish no later than 8pm. That way I can sleep comfortably and not from exhaustion.

After my surgery, lets just say my lower back was worked on, killed all of this. My ritual now is to wake up and pack my open wound that has been slowly healing over for 6 months. The surgery also made me medically unfit to join the Air Force, so a big mental hit with that one. Unfortunately, healing and the boredom has made me eat non stop adding to my weight and the lack of movement because of the wound has pretty much made me lose the majority of my muscle mass. When I do finally get healed completely and get the "ok" from the doctor, I'm going right back into the above ritual again.

I'm sorry about the surgery. Why were you operated on?

Also, couldn't you still pursue a career in the military? Not as a soldier, but perhaps something a bit more stationary?
Suteyä Hawnuyu te Gay'tä Muiä-Eyaye'ite

Reronsem Si

Quote from: Suteyä Hawnuyu on January 21, 2010, 11:18:32 AM
I'm sorry about the surgery. Why were you operated on?

Also, couldn't you still pursue a career in the military? Not as a soldier, but perhaps something a bit more stationary?

I have a condition called Pilonidal Cyst Disease. A disease that creates cysts around the lower back near the tail bone and the crease of the buttocks. The operation was for a cyst about the size of a mini football ball located around my tail bone. The military requires me to be able to pass basic training. With the operation and the disease itself, the possibility of another cyst, completing the physical portion of basic training is not likely. Though I could go through with it even in the pain, the military takes full responsibility of any medical issues I have as soon as I get into boot camp. Once I have another cyst or a tear from soft skin where the wound was, then it's their money they have to spend to fix me. They are more a business now than they used to be.

It also doesn't help that I had Asthma. Asthma is also a no entry condition as well, but waivers are possible to allow entry even if you have had it. Many people tell me to lie about it on my forms, but my medical records are already in the possession of the military and have been since birth. Not easy to lie about something when the military already has the truth.

Ptxèrra

at work: get 50 small dead fishes, walk to the cownose ray, feed it, get bitten or stung (no i dont like it and it happens rarely), get some seedy stuff throw it in the biggest swimming pool (20 mtr whide, 60 mtr long, 6 mtr deep) enjoy feeding frenzy and then feed the sharks, (atlantic white shark and nursing shark) hava a cup of coffee, and continue to bully visitors (accidentaly splash em / give children a empty clamp (the go like: WOW I'DD GOT A CLAM FROM THAT SIR))
or someting like that.
but i hate it, our herring tank is leaking third time, the glass is not broken, but in a half hour we loose 5 gallons of seawater.

at home:
get home, turn on pc, and start doing some projects.
and some mirror practises / imitating zoo animals, or speak na'vi (since short)

at school:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

huh?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
(i am dreaming about zeas then.)
Oel ayngati kameie i was there

remember power corrups, absolute power..... is a whole lot of fun.
Sheepies: They just eat grass until something kills them,  it might as well be you!!

Txon Taronyu

You can do 100 pushups thats frickin alot I can do like 30
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Na'rìng

Quote from: Txon Taronyu on January 22, 2010, 07:22:09 PM

When I started exersizing, I could only do 20 military-style pushups. I did that 4 times the first week, then I upped it to 25 per session (extact same as the situps). Two weeks later I upped it to 2x 25 situps/pushups per session. Two weeks later, I upped it again to 3x 25 situps/pushups. Two weeks later, 4x 25 pushups/situps. Two weeks later, 2x 50 pushups/situps. Now with my situps, I interchange from regular situps to cross-situps, to properly balance my abdominals with my obliques (side abdominals).

Seems to work fine, but barely any bicep training, as my pushups train my forearms, triceps, and all shoulder muscles. When I get money, I'm going to buy myself some free weights, the kind I can add or remove weight discs. Then I can complete my full upper body when I exersize.

As for my legs, my situps help mme tone my front upper legs, my back, and my abdominals, and my obliques. Anyways, I just walk/run for my leg training (and for most of it, I'm always wearing my backpak, which adds 15-30 lbs to my weight, depending on what I have in it).

The moral of the story is: challenge youself! You will be amazed how far you can go!

Oh and I was ~35 lbs too heavy. My body weight should be anywhere from 140-150 lbs. I've lost all that weight, hit my best low of 145 lbs, then started adding muscle. I'm currently ~155 lbs of muscle, and I'm loving it! And no, my intention of being fit isn't just to be fit, but primarly to help my brain to function better (besides eating healthy, cognitive training, reading books, listening to binaural beats, and learning other languages (ok first one with interest is the Na'Vi language, so technically this is my first! But hey, I'm not only learning the language, but I'm been learning about the 'IPA (international phonetic alphabet)', the basis of all languages, and realizing more about my main language).

But yea, I've ranted enough.

Eywa ayngahu.   
Eywa ngahu ma smukan.
Eywa'evengä yawne lu oeru.

It kraon. XD!!! (Speak it the Na'vi way)

Suteyä Hawnuyu

Quote from: Txon Taronyu on January 22, 2010, 07:22:09 PM

I can do one before collapsing. :P Oeyä aypxun meyp lu. My arms are weak. Slä, lu aykinam oe txur. But, my legs are strong.

Suteyä Hawnuyu

I am starting to develop a ritual of coming home from school, and doing at least 100 crunches, go on a 30 minute dog walk, play WiiFit, and go for a 30 minute WiiFit run every other day.

WiiFit is my savior.
But it's not improving my pathetic upper arm strength.

Txon Taronyu

Thxs Na'ring I am so going to do that

Swok Txon

Don't strain any muscles

i use to do that and i ended up pulling a muscle in my arm...i missed 6 games in my schools football season :-(

Eyaye Tskxe

Mine, I guess:

Wake up at 6, grab a bite to eat for breakfast, school, all that.

After school, go to diving practice, for about an hour to and hour and a half. Get home at around 4.45 to 5, shower to get the filthy chlorine water off, and head to Trampoline and Tumbling (Yes, trampolining is a real sport). I work out at practice from 6 to 8.30, with about an hour of warmup and usually a 15-230 minute conditioning. Come home at around 9, do homework, and usually fall asleep around 1 or 2 in the morning. I don't get enough sleep, but I'm starting to think it's insomnia. Nothing I try can make me fall asleep (Unless I just collapse from exhaustion, but that doesn't happen everyday).

Oh, and I regularly curse my wrteched feet, I am plagued with Psoriasis. Basically, the skin on my feet dry out so much that they split and bleed. :( The nasty chlorine absolutely kills, and chalk in the gym isn't all that great either. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Technowraith

Get up, cook breakfast. Eat and view facebook and learnnavi forum.

When i get home from work, i spend about 30min to an hour on learnnavi, then i nap for a couple hours. Then dinner, and then random whatever till bed. Includes attempting to not tsayhalu the willow tree out back or prove that a toy Toruk can fly for more than 3 feet when indeed it's not supposed to fly what so ever. Or serious hobbies which include sword play, building wooden replica weapons and now delving into bow making.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Toruk Makto

Bow making sounds like it could totally consume you. I have plans for doing that as well this summer, when business slows down a bit.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Coyote

Get up as the buttcrack of dawn, do some workout stuff & a run (1-2 miles). Work for 8 hours, come home, surf here, either watch a movie or some TV, something involving alcohol, hit the sack.

On weekends, maybe cut wood, be a lazy sot, fiddle with motorcycle, go on a hike. Hmmmm.... yeah.

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

MOUNTAINBANSHEE

get up, have breakfast, go to school
go to my mums car, go home
go on here, dinner, here and then play some basketball
watch tv, go to sleep
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)