Terrorist attack on Paris.

Started by archaic, November 15, 2015, 11:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Eana Unil

Most seem to forget about the victims in Lebanon who died the same day by attacks from the IS.

Vawmataw

Quote from: Eana Unil on November 15, 2015, 12:00:30 PM
Most seem to forget about the victims in Lebanon who died the same day by attacks from the IS.
Many things happened this Friday in the world, plus we must not forget the bad situation in some regions of the world.

Anyway, what happened in Paris is condemnable. We must do something that will protect us and our liberty. However, like in most attacks, not a lot is done and it's forgotten two weeks after.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

archaic

Quote from: Eana Unil on November 15, 2015, 12:00:30 PM
Thank you for adding this, I was unaware of it. Not sure if it was reported here at all.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

#PrayForParis

Sad time indeed :(
About time France has now started to attack Raqqa, the capital to ISIS :D

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

*caugh* People on social network are hypocrites. *caugh*

You may ask Why? Because...

On Friday 13 November, there were about 10 terrorist attacks.

Number of attacks  Country  City
5  France  Paris
1  Israel  Otniel
1  Syria  Damaskus
1  Lebanon  Beirut
1  Iraq  Baghdad

... and total number of attacks cince 9/11.

source

BTW (Almost) Everyday is one terrorist attack in the world so why dont we change our profile pic. on FB to attacked country everyday?
Because we are hypocrites. We care only about us our someone who is near us.
Now it's France (Paris again) and as the ally in NATO, we should send condolences to France but these 'Hashtags PrayforParis' or 'changing profile pics on FB' will not revive anybody.

I'm not cold-hearthed or something but inactivity or ignoting of European politicians caused this tragedy and i hope we will not see any attacks anymore.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Eana Unil

Quote from: Hahaw[hhvhhvcz] on November 15, 2015, 06:28:14 PM
*caugh* People on social network are hypocrites. *caugh*

You may ask Why? Because...

On Friday 13 November, there were about 10 terrorist attacks.

Number of attacks  Country  City
5  France  Paris
1  Israel  Otniel
1  Syria  Damaskus
1  Lebanon  Beirut
1  Iraq  Baghdad

... and total number of attacks cince 9/11.

source

BTW (Almost) Everyday is one terrorist attack in the world so why dont we change our profile pic. on FB to attacked country everyday?
Because we are hypocrites. We care only about us our someone who is near us.
Now it's France (Paris again) and as the ally in NATO, we should send condolences to France but these 'Hashtags PrayforParis' or 'changing profile pics on FB' will not revive anybody.

I'm not cold-hearthed or something but inactivity or ignoting of European politicians caused this tragedy and i hope we will not see any attacks anymore.
Pretty much this.

Tìtstewan

I, too, find it odd that the people on social networks use the french flag as avatar not only because similar happened in the Lebanon. It feels ...wrong.

As for the terrorists, some of them are actually from Belgium, precisly from Molenbeek, Brussels. That place is known as a breeding ground for jihadists, it's a ghetto-like place, with no perspectives, no jobs, no integration...
I guess, everybody know what happen when people see no way to get out of that situation, they get isolated, they are always with their group all day long and it will be just a question of time they get influenced by wrong people and become more and more radical, blame "the western civilisation" for their situation and start to fight against it...

Can we fix it? I don't know. The whole thing is freaking complex, and there is no easy solution. And that's the problem: the majority of the people do not understand the complex structures and tend to use the easy way, with possibly fatal consequences.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Ekirä

Every single one of these attacks, no matter where in the world, are horrifying and tragic. I personally try to avoid reading the news because for me, reading about these things happening again and again doesn't feel healthy since it is so painful knowing people can and do commit such terrible acts and nothing I ever do will change that.

But in response to the news coverage about the Paris attacks being hypocritical, I'll have to respectfully disagree. There are some parts of the world that are currently (and have been for quite awhile now) experiencing unrest intimately connected with religious extremists; Israel, Lebanon, Syria and Iraq being several of those. It is, of course, equally terrible when attacks occur in these countries, there's no doubt about that. But the shock level is completely different, because as awful as it is, attacks there are expected to some degree. A city like Paris, on the other hand, feels completely disconnected from the fighting in the Middle East, and when civilians there are massacred it suddenly brings it close to home.

So, I don't think hypocrisy is the right term for the fact that France is getting more coverage than the Lebanon attacks. Equally tragic, but what happened in France is so completely unexpected that it rattles people on a completely different level.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

A bomb alarm went off here in Norway the day after the attack. Hopefully it was false alarm. It's just a matter of time before it happens again. I don't want to have another 22nd of July :(

Wind12

Im sorry that the insanity of our aysawtute species has struck again, terrorism is awful and dispicable. Sometimes it seems that our insanity as a species cannot be cured. :( :( :(

Toliman

Quote from: Wind12 on November 17, 2015, 12:53:21 AM
Im sorry that the insanity of our aysawtute species has struck again, terrorism is awful and dispicable. Sometimes it seems that our insanity as a species cannot be cured. :( :( :(
It's true  :( :( :(

Kemaweyan

Imagine

Imagine terrorists wouldn't just attack one city, but hundreds.
Imagine not dozens of terrorists would come, but thousands.
Imagine they would have not only Kalashnikovs, but tanks and missiles.
Imagine they would block our ports with their warships.
Imagine they would shoot at us out of crowded schools, kindergardens and hospitals.
Imagine they would claim, our nation doesn't exist and our land belongs to them.
And imagine the world believe that.
Imagine these terrorists have the right of veto in UN.
Then you'll understand, how much the Ukrainians suffer..
Nìrangal frapo tsirvun pivlltxe nìNa'vi :D

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on November 16, 2015, 06:32:44 PM
A bomb alarm went off here in Norway the day after the attack. Hopefully it was false alarm. It's just a matter of time before it happens again. I don't want to have another 22nd of July :(
...just a few hours ago:
A stadium in Hannover hosting the Netherlands-Germany football match was evacuated due to a bomb threat, after a suspicious package was discovered.

The football match between Germany and Netherlands has been cancelled after a suspicious suitcase was found abandoned at the stadium. According to police, there is a chance of an explosive device within the suitcase.

Quote from: Kemaweyan on November 17, 2015, 01:44:02 PM
Imagine

Imagine they would shoot at us out of crowded schools, kindergardens and hospitals.
Imagine they would claim, our nation doesn't exist and our land belongs to them.
...by Russia, keyak?

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Vawmataw

Quote from: Tìtstewan on November 17, 2015, 02:44:03 PM
Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on November 16, 2015, 06:32:44 PM
...just a few hours ago:
A stadium in Hannover hosting the Netherlands-Germany football match was evacuated due to a bomb threat, after a suspicious package was discovered.

The football match between Germany and Netherlands has been cancelled after a suspicious suitcase was found abandoned at the stadium. According to police, there is a chance of an explosive device within the suitcase.

These clowns think they're funny?!
When they'll lose your children in an attack, they'll laugh less.

Wllìm

Quote from: Vawmataw on November 17, 2015, 03:57:52 PM

What? :o

Apparently there was a real threat in the entire city of Hannover. The police said that "there were lots of indications that an attack was coming". Cinemas and other public places were advised to close this evening, and public transport was stopped for a while.

In any case, this was probably false alarm. No explosives have been found in the stadium.

(On the positive side: Netherlands didn't lose against Germany, even with the deplorable state of the Dutch team at the moment...  :-[)

Vawmataw

Quote from: Wllìm on November 17, 2015, 04:40:51 PM
Quote from: Vawmataw on November 17, 2015, 03:57:52 PM

What? :o
I'm not threatening the guys who created the false alarm.

Tìtstewan

Apparently, that was not a false alarm...

Edit, heavy shooting, including explosions have been reported in St-Denis, Paris...

Kemaweyan

Quote from: Tìtstewan on November 17, 2015, 02:44:03 PM
Quote from: Kemaweyan on November 17, 2015, 01:44:02 PM
Imagine

...by Russia, keyak?

Nìrangal frapo tsirvun pivlltxe nìNa'vi :D

Tìtstewan

Yeah...it's obvious... I still debating with me how to compare "rebels"1, supported by Russia, and those fundamentalistic freaks called IS/ISIS2.

1 ...who want to split up the Ukraine in order to join Russia. Of course, it's absolutely NOT OK that the "rebels" terrorize the citizen there, and the responsible people need to be punished.
2 ...who want to bomb everybody in Europe by suicide attacks if one does not convert to their inhuman belief.