The 4th of July

Started by Smaoe, July 03, 2011, 03:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smaoe

Every year in Battle Creek, MI there's an air show for 3 days to celebrate our independence day. In all of the houses that we've lived in the view of this show has been blocked, but our newest house has proven to be a great spot for viewing the several planes. They fly directly above our house and it's a sight that leaves chills. I've failed to film the Blue Angels flying over our house several times and it appears that they won't be filmed by me this year. This is the second day of the air show and they won't be flying tomarrow when I'm going to pay to get a better view of the planes. There is a negative thing about these planes flying over our house and that's the noise they bring. It sounds like a sonic boom going off every minute of the day until the show is over so it makes it impossible to take a nap after the long days of working. The noise level is the price I'm willing to pay to see these beautiful planes fly extremely low to the ground right over my house. Since I won't be able to film the Blue Angels I'm going to attend the fireworks show instead and film it. Hopefully the bursts of color will distract those who wanted me to film the Blue Angels for them. What happens at your house during the 4th of July? What do you like to do?

'Oma Tirea

I'm going off to a fireworks show :D

Does anyone else have this plan?

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Txantslusam Skxawng

Nope, not here..... we don't really celebrate it here, I think, around here I never heard anything about some 4th of July party or anything. So no...
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Kamean

Ftxozäri aylrrtok ngaru, ma smuktu. :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on July 04, 2011, 03:36:46 AM
Nope, not here..... we don't really celebrate it here, I think, around here I never heard anything about some 4th of July party or anything. So no...

It's because it's also known as independence day.  I think it's only celebrated in the USA.

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

guest2859

We're under a burn ban. No fireworks were seen for a 200-mile radius.

Swoka Ikran

I'm at the beach, so it was fireworks from 8-11:30 last night. Amateurs bring their fireworks here to launch them over the ocean. Some people have >$1000 worth of them. Here, standing on the beach on the 4th feels like standing in a war zone. You can't walk more than 25 feet in any direction without walking by a launcher, firework debris, or a misfire exploding on the ground.

Quote from: Naruga Kuruga on July 05, 2011, 02:14:30 AM
We're under a burn ban. No fireworks were seen for a 200-mile radius.
Ouch. Whole south is EXTREMELY dry though...and foregoing fireworks is a lot better than having another forest burn down.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on July 05, 2011, 01:46:48 AM
Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on July 04, 2011, 03:36:46 AM

It's because it's also known as independence day.  I think it's only celebrated in the USA.

That is always what I think, only here Independence day is celebrated on my b-day :P On the 5th of May..... But that was when the Netherlands was 'saved' from Nazi-Germany ( I put it in '' cuz don't really know if I used the right word their, I think freed is better )
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF