Tsunami in Japan

Started by Le'eylan, March 11, 2011, 08:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tswusayona Tsamsiyu

Nivume Na'vit, fpivìl nìNa'vi, kivame na Na'vi.....
oer fko syaw tswusayona tsamsiyu

bommel

Sіr. Ηaxalot

That is some terrible, terrible damage :(

Swoka Ikran

Ouch. What a terrible disaster :(
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Kamean

Sad and terrible... :(
Terrible and sad... :(
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Amaya

Sad and terrible, but more than that....I have good friends in the north-east of Japan :'( so worried for them!  And there's no way to get in touch quickly either.  We're sitting here just waiting and hoping to get an email saying they're okay... :'( :'(

archaic

I hope your friends are okay.

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Amaya on March 11, 2011, 04:18:20 PM
Sad and terrible, but more than that....I have good friends in the north-east of Japan :'( so worried for them!  And there's no way to get in touch quickly either.  We're sitting here just waiting and hoping to get an email saying they're okay... :'( :'(

http://www.google.co.jp/intl/en/crisisresponse/japanquake2011.html

I don't know if the personfinder is good, but it might be something. I hope they're alright.

Amaya

Thank you for the link.  They aren't in there as of yet, but I'll keep trying!

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Anyone heard if there's any updates on the Nuclear plant?

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Amaya on March 11, 2011, 04:18:20 PM

I also have a good friend there. :( I think she hasn't been directly touched though, but it's still a very disastrous and sad situation for so many people! :(

I truly hope your friends are all right, ma Amaya!

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on March 11, 2011, 05:12:33 PM
Anyone heard if there's any updates on the Nuclear plant?
On the 6pm news, they said they were still very worried about it. They didn't elaborate, but said that the cooling system was not functioning and that radiation was over 1000 times the normal level...

Haven't heard anything further on it, but world news will be on in a few minutes...I'll post more info if there is any.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Lolet

We have three Japanese exchange students at our school. Two of them know their families are okay, the other hasn't heard from her family yet.  :'(

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Here's a way we can all help. Please find it in your hearts to donate. A little truly goes a long way.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

archaic

Nuclear plant explodes.

Actually from the shape of the blast, walls blew out, the heart of the explosion must have been above the reactor. If it was inside the pressure vessel, the force would have been channeled vertically. Taking out the roof, yet leaving the walls intact, as happened at Chernobyl. I hope it doesn't escalate.

Tswusayona Tsamsiyu

yeah I heard about that. people are now being evacuated from their homes at a radius of about 20 kilometers from the explosion.
Nivume Na'vit, fpivìl nìNa'vi, kivame na Na'vi.....
oer fko syaw tswusayona tsamsiyu

Sіr. Ηaxalot

The reactor is intact, for now. The question is, are there any working coolant systems left?

Also note that the reactor that is malfunctioning was scheduled to be shutdown this month. It looks like it will be shutdown early.