Tsunami in Southern Pacific, took 5 lives

Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, February 06, 2013, 01:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

A extremely powerful earthquake occured today in the Southern Pacific, east of Papua New Guinea, at the Santa Cruz Islands.
The earthquake had a magnitude of 8, and it triggered a tsunami wave at around 1 meter, and took 5 lives with it.
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/05/world/asia/solomon-islands-quake/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Now is the question: Who will get the next big earthquake? I have a thought that Japan might get it, northern Japan. I have seen the earthquake activity there have now increased, especially at Hokkaido Island.
At the Atlantic side, there has been a little quiet, except some few quakes at magnitude 4.

R.I.P to those 5 people who lost their lives :( :'(

Tìtstewan

5 people goes to Eywa. :(

Here I have a screen of the earthquake from EarthQuake3D:

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Toruk Makto

Indeed RIP.  Thanks for posting this.   

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

They are very lucky it wasn't more people. Looking at the information on seismicity for that region, those people know what strong earthquakes are, and what they can do!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Tìtstewan

The aftershocks are really powerful. :o

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Nearly continuous m5.x earthquakes. That has to be very unnerving.

These earthquakes are taking place along a rather curvy fault that joins two sections of a subduction zone. And these are some of the most active subduction zones on earth. This kind os seismic activity there is not at all surprising.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]