Usernames ending in BR?

Started by Robert Nantangä Tirea, January 18, 2010, 10:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Nantangä Tirea

Hey just a quick question. Noticed the name for one of your newest members is "Jake Sully BR". I've seen this kind of thing in on other forums and MMOs in particular. Can anyone explain to me why some people end their usernames with "BR" or other similar two letter combinations? At first I thought it was just a cooincidence but I've noticed it regularly.

Irayo

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Reronsem Si

BR stands for Brazil. Simple as that!

Swok Txon

Ptxèrra

he is enlightend O.o
                         ~

realy i dont actualy know, just wanted to post.
and its a good question
Oel ayngati kameie i was there

remember power corrups, absolute power..... is a whole lot of fun.
Sheepies: They just eat grass until something kills them,  it might as well be you!!

Cyphernix

it stands for Brazil
most gamers use it to tell rather anothergamer is in the same area or speaks their language tho i don't think we will have that problem XD
if you want you can add me on skype search for Cyphernix

Swok Txon

We should get an official list of all those abbreviations, will make it easier and people like me won't have to be enlightened all the time :-P

Dragonki332

Well, I can help with that, Being a huge MMO gamer myself.
I can start with games I know and answer questions slowely.

General Abbreviations.

BR- Brazilian
Lol- Laugh out Loud
Rofl- Roll on the floor laughing
lmao- laughing my A** off
Roflmao- Rolling on the floor laughing my A** off.
pwned- pwned is derived from the word owned which is derived from the word... Cat. Basically Owned and Pwned is like saying.. "You just got served".
QQ- Cry More.
Jebus- Jesus.
lawl- Version of "lol" used by wierd kids. ;P

WoW Abbreviations.

( I can't remember any ) Lol!

Certain games have different money systems. For instance, if you play Conquer online you pay for stuff with CP (Conquer point) or gold, whichever the player asks for. Same as Zero Online which is ZP. So, basically you're just taking the words and putting them into a smaller case because you are just too lazy.

And yesssss. BR does stand for Brazilian.