You know you've been studying Na'vi too long when...

Started by wm.annis, March 29, 2010, 04:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain

Quote from: sezawte on April 13, 2010, 01:37:08 AM
Nice.

Also, You know you've been studying Na'vi too long when you can identify it and make a joke out of it...

Holpxaype ayskxawng tsun palulukanit yom?

Holpxaype poan new!

Or something like that...
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Niwantaw

Only mostly AWOL.

sezawte

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Niwantaw

Only mostly AWOL.

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

...when you fill in your language tests with Na'vi words when you don't know the particular word in the given language.

guilty.
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

ShadowMainZERO

Wow. You didn't know the word in the language you were learning at school but you did in Na'vi.

Come join the adventure in Strange Lands: A Pandoran RP!

The ultimate power is found in the incorruptible light hidden deep in the darkness. You must delve into the darkest part of your heart and find that light. Once you do, never let go of it. Remember: Your heart is the greatest weapon of all.

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

That happens to me quite often. As a result, oeyä aysìfmetok are generally un mélange de français, english sì Na'vi...
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

ShadowMainZERO

Come join the adventure in Strange Lands: A Pandoran RP!

The ultimate power is found in the incorruptible light hidden deep in the darkness. You must delve into the darkest part of your heart and find that light. Once you do, never let go of it. Remember: Your heart is the greatest weapon of all.

No... in fact, they are kinda learning it too ;D
So now I can add:
You know you've been studying Na'vi too much when people around you are starting to pick it up just by listening to you talking in everyday life.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Niwantaw

......when it's getting light again. after getting dark. then light. then dark.
Only mostly AWOL.

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

yea, you are kinda obsessed, you never get on the PSN! still need to kick your RDA butt.

Na'vi Kxanìa Taronyu

...you start calling the Mercury Cougar you own, Merrkxurri Kxougarr.  Happened in front of my dad.  :-[  He just laughed and now I might want to get the license plate to say NANTANG.  Sadly PALULUKAN won't fit on American License Plates, damn the DMV.  lol
I am a Video Producer, Webpage Designer, Na'Vi enthusiast, BMW fanatic, and a Mac OS X Server Certified Server Administrator.

I am The People's Forbidden Hunter
Oel ngati kameie!

I don't know where to turn, as my future is clouded.  The future is a haze, as my path is unclear.  Will my loyalty stick with my Terran race, or will it stick with the Na'vi?

Niwantaw

Quote from: Kawnga Palulukana Tutan (KaPTan) on April 14, 2010, 11:20:54 PM
yea, you are kinda obsessed, you never get on the PSN! still need to kick your RDA butt.

i'll go on in a few hours maybe if i remember.

and you'll be in for a suprise. a nasty one. 4 v me. I won.
"you cannot kill what you cannot see"
Only mostly AWOL.

Quote from: Tawtute akawng on April 14, 2010, 11:25:39 PM
you cannot kill what you cannot see

Yeah we even have proof of that in the Avatar movie. Since the Sec-Ops doesn't see, they cannot win against Eywa ;D

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

^WIN.  However, we ARE getting off topic.

... when you start going traitor at whatever you do cuz you are trying to emulate jake sully.  Die COD firends DIE!

Amaya

...you see that some (highly intelligent I'm sure ::)) person has spraypainted "Yo Yo Yo" on the sidewalk near your regular bus stop, and you are horribly tempted to go out late at night and add three "m"s to that so it's "right" ;) ;D

Tsamsiyu92

Quote from: Amaya on April 15, 2010, 12:19:45 AM
...you see that some (highly intelligent I'm sure ::)) person has spraypainted "Yo Yo Yo" on the sidewalk near your regular bus stop, and you are horribly tempted to go out late at night and add three "m"s to that so it's "right" ;) ;D

Epic Win!!!!!!!!!!!!

...when you get frustrated because the glottal stop letter " ' " isn't allowed on usernames and password.
...when you add random glottal stops in words starting on na-. like "nazi".
...when you swear afterwards, because you had 2 nice hours to do homework, but ended up here:)

Rain

Quote from: Tsamsiyu92 on April 15, 2010, 04:49:35 AM
...when you swear afterwards, because you had 2 nice hours to do homework, but ended up here:)

So horribly, painfully true...
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Quote from: Rain on April 15, 2010, 04:25:11 PM
Quote from: Tsamsiyu92 on April 15, 2010, 04:49:35 AM

So horribly, painfully true...

seconded