How Many Times Have you seen Avatar?

Started by Sa'vitri, December 23, 2009, 08:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sa'vitri

This coming Monday, 12/28, will be my third time.  The first time was 2D, the 2nd was IMAX 3D, and the third will be with more friends at IMAX.  I simply cannot get enough of this movie.  I think it's my way of being on Pandora because I swear if I could climb in a pod today and wake up in a Pandorian Avatar I would!   Love this movie and the only way I can revisit Pandora is to see it as many times as I want.  I have no guilt.
You have a strong heart....BUT STUPID LIKE A CHILD!

'it a txep

I've seen it only once but after Christmas I'm going to watch it again! First time was IMAX 3D, but German...  :-\ next time I'll watch it in English, 3D again. :)
(formerly known as Kawtu)

Eywayä mokri

°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Zalorticus

I have only seen it once, but it was Imax 3D. I cant wait to see it again.
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Brainiac

I've seen it in 3D, and I went back the very next day. It was like coming home :)
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Sa'vitri

"I've seen it in 3D, and I went back the very next day. It was like coming home"

I totally agree!  It is like coming home.  I can't figure that out why that is but I'm just going with it.

Brainiac

Quote from: Savitri on December 23, 2009, 11:11:23 AM
"I've seen it in 3D, and I went back the very next day. It was like coming home"

I totally agree!  It is like coming home.  I can't figure that out why that is but I'm just going with it.

because pandora look so much better than earth?
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Sa'vitri

...and there you have it!  Exactly.   ;D

marte

I've only been once, to see it in 2D, today I'll be watching it in 3D. I've always been meh about 3D but I'm curious about how those beautiful landscapes will look.

Taronyu

three times in three days (in 3d). Can't wait to go see it again, but I'm stuck in the boondocks currently. Going to go see it on Imax if I can.

Sa'vitri

[

To see it in 3D is to simply be immersed in the world. You can reach out and touch the leaves on the bushes on Pandora.  You can feel the water and smell the flowers.  It has to be experienced in 3D at least once if not more.

Zalorticus

Quote from: marte on December 23, 2009, 11:20:03 AM
I've only been once, to see it in 2D, today I'll be watching it in 3D. I've always been meh about 3D but I'm curious about how those beautiful landscapes will look.

The only problem I had with it was that the environment was kinda blurry during fast motion scenes. But, that is only a small, insignificant problem.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Taruia

Three times, once in 2D, twice in 3D, will probably be going again tonight or this weekend. I have lots of friends to drag to see it lol! After seeing it in 3D, it's hard to want to go see it in 2D lol, but the 3D makes my eyes tired.

Taikomochi

Two times so far. Brought a LOT of friends to see it the second, no disappointment anywhere yet :)

Third time this coming sunday, 27/12/2009.

All my watchings and the next one were/will be 3D. :D

Txur’Itan

Going for time number 4 in I-max, if it is not sold out.
私は太った男だ。

Eywayä mokri

°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Taikomochi

Is the IMAX version really different from the 3D in theaters or is it the same thing, just both 3D?

Just something I wanna clear up

Zalorticus

Imax is largely different, keyword being largely. An Imax screen is about 5 stories tall and 3, maybe the same, stories wide. Basically, it is GIGANTIC. The bass from the speakers is felt throughout the whole theater, going through your body like a heated knife through melting butter.

Drake

28.Dec will be my third time 3D, i also saw it 2 Times 2D.
I just cant get enough of it, every time i see something, i did not see before and yes it is indeed like comming home and since Avatar is making some real cash all over the World, we well get to more Avatar films
(I read somewhere at the internet that Avatar was planed as trilogy).

Skxawng

Quote from: Drake on December 23, 2009, 03:55:38 PM
28.Dec will be my third time 3D, i also saw it 2 Times 2D.
I just cant get enough of it, every time i see something, i did not see before and yes it is indeed like comming home and since Avatar is making some real cash all over the World, we well get to more Avatar films
(I read somewhere at the internet that Avatar was planed as trilogy).

If avatar turns a profit (dunno where the box office stands right now) there will most definitely be a sequel. Two reasons:
1. In the movie and video game industry, the 2nd movie/game always has a better profit margin than the first. Not always the case with a 3rd, but definitely the 2nd.  Since movies and videogames are financed solely for profit when they have such a large budget, a better profit margin will be irresistible to invest in. They'd be fools not to.

2. a good portion of the expenses of making the first film were simply inventing the cameras, techniques, and language over several years. Since all the tech is there, making a second movie would not only be faster, but cheaper and thus the profits would be higher, thus convincing investors even more so.  What I hope, however, is that Cameron puts up the money for the 2nd one himself, allowing him more artistic freedom. 

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"