Conan O'Brien

Started by Tsyaltuan, January 06, 2010, 10:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsyaltuan

So who else was watching Conan O'Brien's show when he made the joke about this website and then proceeded to talk Na'vi a bit after that?

EDIT: Watch the full episode:

Hulu - The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien: Wed, Jan 6, 2010 - Watch the full episode now.

Go to the 4:55 point in the clip for the first bit.

Go to 9:45 point for the next bit.

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

A link would be mindblowingly facilitative.......idk I'm tired. But a link would be great.
"And that's how you scatter the roaches."- Col. Miles Quaritch.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Tsyaltuan

I don't believe there is one yet. The show is still on right now.

I believe you would go here when it's posted though http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.com/index.shtml

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Ah irayo. I'm not a Conan guy, it's leno for me. And could you tell if he was insulting it?

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Swok Txon

WOW SWEET! LOL

Ahhh conan you barbarian!

And yeah a link would be solid

lol

Tsyaltuan

The joke about this site was something like this...

Conan: There is now a website where you can learn the Na'vi language from the film Avatar. It's double-u double-u double-u never seen women body parts.

Andy: Is that dot com or dot net?

Conan: Calm down Andy.

Then of course after that they started to talk Na'vi or at least an attempt at it.

Like I said before the video will probably be here http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.com/index.shtml

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Well his joke doesn't apply to me then ;)

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

I both am a woman and seen other lovely naked women so ha!

Still sounds like it was made all in good fun and any publicity, especially national television, is fantastic!
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Equals win. Seabass-1, conan-0

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Tirealì'u

I thought it was absolutely hilarious. And when they started speaking Na'vi? Oh god. Amazing.

No reason to feel insulted - Conan is a comedian, it is what he does. He cracks an easy joke - and a classic one he uses often - and in exchange we get a crap ton of publicity.

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: Tirealì'u on January 06, 2010, 11:55:43 PM
He cracks an easy joke - and a classic one he uses often - and in exchange we get a crap ton of publicity.

Hear Hear. Publicity WIN :D

I like how the site really has bloomed as of late.... Within the past two weeks it's gone like a rocket, and even before then it was building up speed.

Well FOX, we've played our piece in terms of material, Your move...
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

when's the next comicon? Cause after then I predict the site will have a big upswing in members. That is provided that Fox will have a booth (or a hall for that matter) which they'd be crazy not to. In the meantime thank you conan, I guess

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Tirealì'u

July.

I hear it is already almost sold out though.

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Darn! I guess I'll have to ninja my way in.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Payoang

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Oh my that's fantastic!

I wonder, if they were speaking real Na'vi on the show, than they had to learn it from somewhere. Which means they could be a member here. Hmm

*waves* HI BRIAN!
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Tirealì'u

I caught at least several actual words, so they had to put at least some effort in it.

Should totally inform them that their joke website actually redirects here now.

edit: And like, I dunno, send them something. :-P Could drag this out! Has happened before!