Site Design / Layout help!

Started by Payoang, December 23, 2009, 03:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payoang

LearnNavi needs your help!

I'm not entirely sure how though, since I'm still overwhelmed at the growth.

• Design

• LearnNavi mascot: good idea, bad idea? I think it'd be cute awesome to have one; and if just for the future online tutorials -- to be the teacher to walk/talk visitors through lessons.
    • Forum and Wiki design: a unique theme for each would be nice.. something organic; blue.
  • Functionality

• International Section in forum and on the site: Any willing translators up for a translation challenge? So far we have the following languages covered: English, German, French. I'll happily put a translation packet together of everything on the site that needs translation. Also, separate sites for each language? In the prose of http://en.learnnavi.org/ , http://fr.learnnavi.org , etc? Yes, non?
    • Fanfiction and Fan Art sections added.
  • Your ideas: Here is where you can post your input. Got any great plans for the artistic future of LearnNavi?

Feel free to contribute to the list. I will try to keep this post updated with your ideas.

Zalorticus

Well, we could make a mini Na'vi tribesman, or use a mini version of one portrayed in the movie.

If we could somehow make the design like Pandora at night, maybe with some of the foliage on the sides as you scroll down, I think that would be perfect. Maybe we could add some creatures in too.
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Taruia

Hmmmm I will try to sketch up some ideas for a mascot when I get home tonight. As for layout, I like the idea of having it be dark with the bioluminescence. Or perhaps have the homepage look like hometree and have the forums/wiki look like the jungle at night.

Eywayä mokri

Well I think we need tree designs in fact, one for the wiki, one for the forum and then one for the website. :)

I'll  manage to propose something tomorrow. I'll be working on a website layout and a logotype maybe. :)
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Seze

Quote from: Taruia on December 23, 2009, 03:43:42 PM
Hmmmm I will try to sketch up some ideas for a mascot when I get home tonight. As for layout, I like the idea of having it be dark with the bioluminescence. Or perhaps have the homepage look like hometree and have the forums/wiki look like the jungle at night.

The bioluminescence idea is awesome.  Can't wait to see some designs...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Payoang

Quote from: Seze on December 23, 2009, 03:47:11 PM
Quote from: Taruia on December 23, 2009, 03:43:42 PM

The bioluminescence idea is awesome.  Can't wait to see some designs...

I second that! Keep those great ideas coming'

dotster

I agree, the bio luminescence idea is awesome, as is the idea of a little na'vi tribesman for the mascot. I think that would be a perfect fit for an already pretty sweet site  ;D

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Seabass on December 23, 2009, 03:33:58 PM
LearnNavi needs your help!

I'm not entirely sure how though, since I'm still overwhelmed at the growth.

• LearnNavi mascot: good idea, bad idea? I think it'd be cute awesome to have one; and if just for the future online tutorials -- to be the teacher to walk/talk visitors through lessons.
  • Forum and Wiki design: a unique theme for each would be nice.. something organic; blue.
  • Your ideas: Here is where you can post your input. Got any great plans for the artistic future of LearnNavi?

Feel free to contribute to the list. I will try to keep this post updated with your ideas.

A fan fiction section.

There will be good, bad, ugly, and strange stories, but it makes for good entertainment.
私は太った男だ。

eywason

I like the idea of creating a mascot for the forum. It would be a good idea to also do the same pet a small Na'vi language dictionary, and also show you the environment of the forum in the same language.

Regarding the appearance of the forum. It's great the idea of bioluminescent night in Pandora as background appearance but not as the actual idea for the page designer and the forum. I would like to see some designs .... It would be great if some user upload some designs and voting. That the winner takes a special membership or a book or a product of Avatar.

The fan fics section is a good idea too, would bring much to this section.

I have a proposal that is both question: What think about the arrival of Spanish language users to the forum? I think so compelling to create a Spanish-language forum. There are some that we would like to speak our native language while learning the Na'vi language for gradually internationalized.

Greetings.

Seze

Quote from: eywason on December 23, 2009, 06:45:20 PM
I like the idea of creating a mascot for the forum. It would be a good idea to also do the same pet a small Na'vi language dictionary, and also show you the environment of the forum in the same language.

Regarding the appearance of the forum. It's great the idea of bioluminescent night in Pandora as background appearance but not as the actual idea for the page designer and the forum. I would like to see some designs .... It would be great if some user upload some designs and voting. That the winner takes a special membership or a book or a product of Avatar.

The fan fics section is a good idea too, would bring much to this section.

I have a proposal that is both question: What think about the arrival of Spanish language users to the forum? I think so compelling to create a Spanish-language forum. There are some that we would like to speak our native language while learning the Na'vi language for gradually internationalized.

Greetings.

Making an international section would probably something to look into.  Seeing some of the site stats, we have a VERY global audience here.  Translating the main learnnavi.org site into other languages would also be something worth looking into...

Elysio

Quote from: Seze on December 23, 2009, 06:49:41 PM
Making an international section would probably something to look into.  Seeing some of the site stats, we have a VERY global audience here.  Translating the main learnnavi.org site into other languages would also be something worth looking into...

Most of us can deal with english, that's sure, but it's just a question of comfort. Having an international category, translating Learn Na'vi, the wikipedia page or the WikiNa'vi would make people feel better I think
(and also attract those who don't speak english !)

If you need some help with french translations, I'm not far !

Seze

Quote from: Elysio on December 23, 2009, 06:55:32 PM

Most of us can deal with english, that's sure, but it's just a question of comfort. Having an international category, translating Learn Na'vi, the wikipedia page or the WikiNa'vi would make people feel better I think

I feel pretty useless on this topic, I speak English fluently and thats about it...

Night Raider

Hi everyone I'm new.

I guess I can come up with the website layout design if that's needed, then give a shot at skinning the forum.
Is this right? I just write whatever in the signature box?

eywason

Quote from: Seze on December 23, 2009, 07:03:02 PM
Quote from: Elysio on December 23, 2009, 06:55:32 PM

I feel pretty useless on this topic, I speak English fluently and thats about it...

And what about those who do not speak English? Like me, or like many others who like to learn Na'vi or fans of Avatar.

I leave it to the discretion of the webmaster.

Night Raider

I also have an idea, how about a fan Music section?

Maybe someone will make songs in Na'vi soon, or we could simply post remixes of the movie's soundtrack into there for people to download and enjoy.

Zalorticus

Quote from: NightRaider on December 23, 2009, 07:16:43 PM

Maybe someone will make songs in Na'vi soon, or we could simply post remixes of the movie's soundtrack into there for people to download and enjoy.

I'm sorry, but this reminds me of that Klingon rapper...
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Payoang

Me encantaría tener el (la?) website accesible a un nivel internacional - sólo necesito unas personas para traducir todo.

(I would love to have the website be internationally accessible - I only need a few people to translate everything.)

Also, fanfiction: http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php?board=18.0
and fanart sections: http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php?board=18.0

Go wild :)

Night Raider

Quote from: Zalorticus on December 23, 2009, 07:17:30 PM
Quote from: NightRaider on December 23, 2009, 07:16:43 PM

I'm sorry, but this reminds me of that Klingon rapper...

LOL there is a Klingon rapper?

Btw, I didnt exactly mean that. As in for me, I see some of these tracks remixed as potential EDM hits =)

P.S. I can do Russian translation

Payoang

Night Raider

Sweet Lord... that's just wrong...

LMFAO

K whenever you all ready to move with all the great ideas let me know. Meanwhile, I'll start in the template design. Any preference on color schemes, etc?