...speciall Avatar body paint?

Started by Kxani, February 04, 2010, 09:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kxani

Anyone who knows if it exists and where go get it? I my self ave a nice friend who works with body painting so she will fix me but a friend to me is allergic to something in that color so... is there any special kit for Avatar painting?

Technowraith

Typical body paint is what you would use. Cyan-blue is the color you want. There's really no "special kit required."
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Kxani

Cyan-blue? is that what they call avatar blue? :)

Technowraith

Quote from: Kxani Tsaheylu on February 05, 2010, 09:21:47 AM
Cyan-blue? is that what they call avatar blue? :)

Yes, "avatar blue" is really cyan-blue. Thats the color you want when you go asking around at the store.  :)
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

This belongs in Cosplay-You'll get more help there.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Kxani

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

yeah and if you google cyan-colored Na'Vi youll get a lot of pop ups. your welcome.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Kxani

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

I like Ben Nye, they always have good quality. You can also use their cake make up for body details like the stripes.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Ean Hufwetulyu

has anyone used Golden Heavy Body Acylic Paint? if so is it any good?
Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

dbcoop22

Aqua Color make-up is great also.  It's made by Kryolan.  They also make a product called Fixier Spray that will keep the makeup on longer.

Jane MacMillan

Magicolor and Final Seal are the Ben Nye products. I've had good luck with those being long-lasting and bright.

Tirea Paluan

I used Mehron grease makeup (traditional clown makeup) Look for an 8oz tub in clown white and buy two or three bottles of standard blue water based acrylic paint from Wallmart (Apple Barrel or Flok Lore are good brands) Mix the acrylic paint into the white makeup and mix until desired shade is acheived. One 8 oz tub is enough for 4 full body applications.
Hope that helps!

Rain

Quote from: Tirea Paluan on June 16, 2010, 01:44:40 PM
I used Mehron grease makeup (traditional clown makeup) Look for an 8oz tub in clown white and buy two or three bottles of standard blue water based acrylic paint from Wallmart (Apple Barrel or Flok Lore are good brands) Mix the acrylic paint into the white makeup and mix until desired shade is acheived. One 8 oz tub is enough for 4 full body applications.
Hope that helps!

You said something about setting with baby powder in another post. Can you tell me what that means and how to do it?
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

PockyPants

Quote from: Rain on July 15, 2010, 04:10:09 PM
You said something about setting with baby powder in another post. Can you tell me what that means and how to do it?

Simply apply baby powder over your completed makeup. To set your makeup means to prevent it from smearing and rubbing off.
You can apply it with a powder puff or a brush.

Rain

Quote from: PockyPants on July 15, 2010, 06:16:44 PM

Simply apply baby powder over your completed makeup. To set your makeup means to prevent it from smearing and rubbing off.

You are my most favorite person EVER. A million Irayo's!
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Ean Hufwetulyu

Quote from: PockyPants on July 15, 2010, 06:16:44 PM

ditto your the best
Irayo
Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

so how long do these paints last?
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Human No More

Most will just be a day - there are some latex-based ones which will last until you actively clean them off though (people have slept in them).

Also, irayo for the recommendations - I need to look into this myself :)
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman