A Somewhat Scientific Discussion with James Cameron.

Started by Txur’Itan, February 09, 2010, 01:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

Technowraith

An interesting read for sure.

Not entirely sure what that has to do with fanfics though. This will probably get moved to a more appropriate section of the forum.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

wm.annis

Haahaahaahaa!

QuoteA physicist friend of mine calculated that for a pure superconducting mountain, to break it off and float it would require a magnetic field so strong that it would rip the hemoglobin out of your blood...

magne

Quote from: wm.annis on February 09, 2010, 05:49:47 PM
Haahaahaahaa!

QuoteA physicist friend of mine calculated that for a pure superconducting mountain, to break it off and float it would require a magnetic field so strong that it would rip the hemoglobin out of your blood...

Sounds a little strange, believe you would be lifted up in the air before the hemoglobin was ripped out, but getting lifted after the blood would probably be bad the blood would concentrate in the top of the head, and you might get internal bleedings.

They actually manage to levitate a frog in a super strong magnetic field with no damage to the frog.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: magne on February 10, 2010, 12:54:33 AM
Haahaahaahaa!

Sounds a little strange, believe you would be lifted up in the air before the hemoglobin was ripped out, but getting lifted after the blood would probably be bad the blood would concentrate in the top of the head, and you might get internal bleedings.

They actually manage to levitate a frog in a super strong magnetic field with no damage to the frog.

Humans are heavier than the frogs, I think what he means is the weight of the body would end up being pulled in the direction of gravity, and the iron in the hemoglobin in the direction of the magnetic fields of force.
私は太った男だ。

Rim tsamsiyu

Quote from: Txur'Itan on February 10, 2010, 03:41:06 PM
Quote from: magne on February 10, 2010, 12:54:33 AM
Haahaahaahaa!

Humans are heavier than the frogs, I think what he means is the weight of the body would end up being pulled in the direction of gravity, and the iron in the hemoglobin in the direction of the magnetic fields of force.

well consider that you're being pulled upwards by your BLOOD. and while there's blood in almost every part of your body there are parts which dont and they will have to be lifted by the parts that do have it...
still i can't imagine it to be an entirely pleasant experience....

bagget00

Think Magneto's escape in the second X-Men movie. He lifts the guy into the air and then rips out the iron in his blood to make his escape.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Rim tsamsiyu

Quote from: bagget00 on February 12, 2010, 02:48:44 AM
Think Magneto's escape in the second X-Men movie. He lifts the guy into the air and then rips out the iron in his blood to make his escape.
that's exactly what i was thinking...

magne

Quote from: Rim tsamsiyu on February 10, 2010, 11:40:07 PM
Quote from: Txur'Itan on February 10, 2010, 03:41:06 PM

well consider that you're being pulled upwards by your BLOOD. and while there's blood in almost every part of your body there are parts which dont and they will have to be lifted by the parts that do have it...
still i can't imagine it to be an entirely pleasant experience....

Unpleasant and probably fatal, blood will rush to your head and you have a large risk of cerebral hemorrhage. If you avoid it the heart will probably get serious problem replacing the blood in your head. I just think that the rip the hemoglobin out of your blood sound stupid, far easier to rip the blood from you body, you only need enough pressure for you to start to bleed.