[LearnNa'vi.org] Suggestions: status

Started by Eywayä mokri, December 29, 2009, 05:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eywayä mokri

(edit)

Current status of Website suggestions:

Completed
*Add links to the Irc Chat and The Skype Chat.

In works
* RSS feed / blog

Proposed
low-resolution version of this site / hand-held option

Delayed

Forum suggestions:

Completed

*Add a RP section.
*Change the rankings to: see the post third post.

Proposed

*Add a Theory section under the Movie sub-forum.
*Change the <<previous and next>> buttons to go to the next page, and not to the next thread.
*Change the forum background.
*Add a friend system.
*Add news subforum.
*Add an award winning system

Delayed

Old post:Kaltxì frapo,

Why do I make such a thread? At this point, we all see that the community is expanding each new day and new members are going to come in the future. To stay on top, the tools learnnavi.org is proposing need to be as good as possible. As the community is made by her members, you are the ones who can make the difference. That's we are asking you to make suggestions in this thread. Help us improve learnnavi.org! ((Am gonna delete this tomorrow) Am going to bed right now, so will the suggestions being regrouped tomorrow)

To stay clear and concise, please follow this little steps and only suggest one thing.

1. Please say if the suggestion is to improve the website or the forum.
2. Make your suggestion. Be direct, no blah blah please.
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Sarkath

This will be for the forum:

Could we have a Theory section added under the Movie sub-forum?  curious to see what other theories are out there. I have a few of my own too ;)

*EDIT* Also a sub-forum in the Merch forum so people can have their own topic with their ideas and others can comment, nicely, on them!

Eywayä mokri

I'll send a message to seabass about this topic. :) He'll be able to check it then sometimes and edit it when some things are done, or change the propositions from a category to another. :)

Taronyu

For: FORUM

Suggestion: Change the rankings to:

1-49 ketuwong (alien)
50-99 tawtute (sky-person)
100-199 uniltìrantokx (avatar/dreamwalker-body)
200-299 'eveng (child)
300-399 tute (person)
400-499 Omatikaya (na'vi)
500-749 taronyu (hunter)
750-999 ikran makto
1000-1499 olo'eyktan (clan leader)
1500+ tarok makto
5000+ palalukan makto
Frommer: Tsa'hik

Suggestion:

Change the <<previous and next>> buttons to go to the next page, and not to the next thread. I click these accidentally all of the time.

Suggestion:

Can we have a cool Pandoran background image? :P

Eywayä mokri

Suggestions added, and thanks for the sticky too. :) Don't know who did that.

Sarkath

Forget my second thing. I took care of that :P

Eywayä mokri

Quote from: Ngaya Takukyu (Sarkath) on December 30, 2009, 02:24:18 AM
Forget my second thing. I took care of that :P

You know you can edit my messages, feel free to do it. ;)

Taronyu

For: SITE

Suggestion:

Post a link to http://webchat.xs4all.nl/index.php , for interaction. Tell people to use the server EFNET, room Other > #na'vi.

This will allow non-forumers to use the IRC, and for people who don't want to download the program or are at remote locations. [I will also post this in the IRC thread.]

Zalorticus

Quote from: Eywayä mokri on December 29, 2009, 05:14:22 PM*Change the <<previous and next>> buttons to go to the next page, and not to the next thread.

The <<previous and next>> buttons are supposed to go to the next topic. On the other side, it says "Pages: [1,2,3, etc.], which is of course for the pages of the thread.
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Étienne

Avatar RP section. For those who like to RP.  :)

Tanhì'itan

Could a friend system be implemented?

Ikran Tribe

Ma Tsmuke: Tanhì'ite
*Loves the Sea Clan Leader from movie.

Eywayä mokri

Quote from: Tanhì'itan on December 31, 2009, 12:15:19 PM
Could a friend system be implemented?

Could you please precise what you think?:)

Tanhì'itan

Well most forums have one so I didn't think I'd have to go into detail. It's simple, most forums have an "add friend" button. A request is sent, they accept, they are now your friend. What this does is make it easier to pm, follow etc. certain users by going in your profile and seeing where friends are, their activites etc.

Ikran Tribe

Ma Tsmuke: Tanhì'ite
*Loves the Sea Clan Leader from movie.

Taronyu

Quote from: Zalorticus on December 30, 2009, 02:14:29 PM
Quote from: Eywayä mokri on December 29, 2009, 05:14:22 PM*Change the <<previous and next>> buttons to go to the next page, and not to the next thread.

The <<previous and next>> buttons are supposed to go to the next topic. On the other side, it says "Pages: [1,2,3, etc.], which is of course for the pages of the thread.

The <<previous and next>> are easier to press, and larger, so I continually press them by accident. This might just be me.

txum tukru

to be able to see who has effected your Karma.
pesu nga?          "who are you?"
Oe lu toktor.       "the Doctor!"
pesu?                "who?"
nì'aw, toktor.       "just, the Doctor!"

Eywayä mokri

Quote from: txum tukru on January 01, 2010, 03:22:24 AM
to be able to see who has effected your Karma.

I won't ask why you wanna know that...:p

Eywayä mokri

By the way, thank you seabass for putting when something has been done. :)

Brainiac

I kinda like the idea of a friend system, but on the other hand, it would be really depressing if you don't have any. :p

And I'm against seeing who affected your karma. The whole idea is being anonymous.
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Payoang

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Perhaps a video section? I know a few videos have already posted and hopefully more will come. It could be grouped with the audio section. I know I want more videos because it helps you not only hear the words but see how they are formed as well which is a huge help for me!

Also maybe a section dedicated more to the culture of the Na'Vi? Language is congruent to culture you know. I know Frommer made the language with out the culture in mind but now that there is a fan base I think a knowledge of it will help the language grow and take a life of its own.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng