Belo Monte Dam in Brazil - WITH UPDATES

Started by Toruk Makto, April 26, 2010, 11:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zefanaya

Quote from: Markì on January 28, 2011, 12:39:50 PM
 The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few? I have never been a proponent of that, since the proselytized "needs of the many" are frequently just misrepresented needs of the greedy and powerful.

Even if their mindset is to benefit their people, the Brazilian government has badly mistaken who are the "many" and who are the "few". It is not their cities versus the indigenous Xingu River tribes, but rather it's their interests versus interests of the rest of the world. Whether they like it or not, Brazil has almost autonomous stewardship over a resource that is vital to the future of the rest of the planet. Unfortunately, there are corrupt individuals in that government that see the Amazon basin rainforest as their own personal property to be exploited for the benefit of the few well-connected and uncaring corporations that are pulling their strings.

It has already been confirmed by several sources that this project is just the beginning of an almost unbelievable plan of destruction to the Amazon basin. It is a stated goal of the proponents of the Belo Monte dam to make this the first of dozens more just like it on other rivers in the Amazon region. This will guarantee that a vital part of the heritage and support system of our world disappears for good.

And that's progress?

The problem is not enough resources, it is too many people. We are trying to fix the problem from the wrong end, in my opinion.

ta Markì

I should of had you write my post. That is what I was trying to say, things don't come out clear at 2/3AM working grave yard.

Oh and I second this.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Kì'eyawn

Quote from: Sxkxawng alu 'Oma Tirea on January 29, 2011, 01:19:06 AM
Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on January 29, 2011, 12:37:04 AM
I hate no one, just their actions.

^^ Fì'u.

Srane, tsafya leiu muiä sì txantslusam.  Kawkrr ke nivekx awngati tìve'kìl a teri aylahe.
eo Eywa oe 'ia

Fra'uri tìyawnur oe täpivìng nìwotx...

Ku'rända

Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on January 27, 2011, 03:01:58 PM
This is getting ridiculous. Anyone else seing military or UN action? Something has to be done to stop this, it endangers everyone.

yet -another- reason Rio doesn't deserve the olympics

Give us a chance, MORON!

nawma skxawng

let's rebel against the established authorities of this time, and create a new world government devoted to returning our planet to the way it should be.

[url=http://j.mp/USEastLN][img]http://j.mp/e2FA8X[/img][/url]

'Awvea ultxari ohengeyä, nawma sa'nok lrrtok siveiyi

Vawm tsamsiyu

Here's a way to rain on their parade, wait until the dam is finished and starting to build a resivour then destroy it so no one gets flooded and they lose a huge amount of money.
Yay were done
BOOM
Hey our billions of dollars blew up
Stop breaking the law you dam builders.
they killed the [you] tag

nawma skxawng

Zefanaya

Quote from: nawma skxawng on January 29, 2011, 06:39:09 PM
let's rebel against the established authorities of this time, and create a new world government devoted to returning our planet to the way it should be.
I've been saying that for years. I think that something cam only last so long. Here in the US, it is not just our right but our duty to dismantel any government that becomes corrupt. You can take that as meaning US only, or world wide. Change (and forgive me for sounding like an Obama campaign) needs to and will happen.

Txura Rolyu

We are human and we are always changing. If something os left in place too long without proper alteration or destruction it falls apart. Nothing we make is failsafe and will fail at some point. Its just a fact.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Eyawng te Klltepayu

Mllte oe.
Please tell me if you see mistakes in a Na'vi post of mine. It's the only way I'll learn. :P

Kan oe trro fnivan lì'fyat leNa'vi frapoto a foru ke sunängu rel arusikx alu Uniltìrantokx.

ExLibrisMortis

Good luck with that, seeing as how humanity is so diverse as it is. Hatred towards others, dependant on certain facts are too deeply ingrained. IT would literally take a catastrophic event to change that. Then again, it could happen country by country, take a look at Egypt. No matter what governments do though, its not the governments that'll change planets, its the actions, morals, and ethics of the individuals of Earth that'll be cause for change.

Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on January 29, 2011, 07:23:07 PM
I've been saying that for years. I think that something cam only last so long. Here in the US, it is not just our right but our duty to dismantel any government that becomes corrupt. You can take that as meaning US only, or world wide. Change (and forgive me for sounding like an Obama campaign) needs to and will happen.

I couldn't agree with you more... Here's some quote candy.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

Governments are an evil necessity, and it is the duty of the people to keep their own government in check. In an applicable quote towards this standpoint...

"War is just the continuation of diplomacy by other means." -Von Clausewitz.

Txura Rolyu

Lets just see when all things finally get set right. There is gonna be a lot of conflict to get things set right... (fear)....
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Zefanaya

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on January 29, 2011, 10:33:21 PM
Good luck with that, seeing as how humanity is so diverse as it is. Hatred towards others, dependant on certain facts are too deeply ingrained. IT would literally take a catastrophic event to change that. Then again, it could happen country by country, take a look at Egypt. No matter what governments do though, its not the governments that'll change planets, its the actions, morals, and ethics of the individuals of Earth that'll be cause for change.

Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on January 29, 2011, 07:23:07 PM

I couldn't agree with you more... Here's some quote candy.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

Governments are an evil necessity, and it is the duty of the people to keep their own government in check. In an applicable quote towards this standpoint...

"War is just the continuation of diplomacy by other means." -Von Clausewitz.

Irayo ma tsmukan.
Quote from: Txura Rolyu on January 29, 2011, 11:27:31 PM
Lets just see when all things finally get set right. There is gonna be a lot of conflict to get things set right... (fear)....

Their will be blood. I don't think we can really for see what the social out come will be. Environmental damage will be incurred, and countless human rights will be violated. This will very quickly become a world topic. I think the more people that know, the more we can do to stop it. We must stand as one to defeat them.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Sorry if i sound like the most evil low-life on the face of the Earth right now, but seeing this makes me question the Belo Monte Dam project leaders right to live  >:(.
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Txura Rolyu

This just might get as much attention as the stuff in Egypt right now.

Zefanaya

More. But the question is, good or bad attention? Is for example CNN going to say none of the reasons this is bad and all the reasons its good (*cough* what reasons)?

nawma skxawng

i hate the press, as they blow everything out of proportion, but they may be our best way of getting the news out, especially if we can get them to blow it out of proportion our way

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: nawma skxawng on January 30, 2011, 09:14:18 AM
i hate the press, as they blow everything out of proportion, but they may be our best way of getting the news out, especially if we can get them to blow it out of proportion our way

Nìtxan sìltsana thinking, ma Nawma  ;D! Now we just need someone that's a master at exaggerating  ::)...

Zefanaya

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on January 30, 2011, 11:07:00 AM
Quote from: nawma skxawng on January 30, 2011, 09:14:18 AM

Nìtxan sìltsana thinking, ma Nawma  ;D! Now we just need someone that's a master at exaggerating  ::)...

I'm a tech news journalist, but I wouldn't say I exaggerate all that much. Not really my companies thing.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

QuoteI'm a tech news journalist, but I wouldn't say I exaggerate all that much. Not really my companies thing.

Well, then you are out of the question  :P. Instead we could, perhaps, have... uhm, i don't know, maybe...

Yeah  ;D! He has a way of getting through to people  ;D!