Meet the Tadadaho "We are the Haudenosaunee

Started by allrock123, March 01, 2016, 07:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allrock123

I will suggest watching here the example here called "The Peacemaker and the Tadadaho" first  (sometimes shown as Tadodaho)
it explains some of the History needed to understand what's being spoken upon here
The Tadadaho Is not simply a mythical figure "He" a holds a very Real leadership position "today" in there history and culture
The original "5 nations" now 6 are across upstate New York state 
(There May have a reflection on Avatar's 5 named clans shown on Toruk first flight   " https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/toruk/pandora"   

We are the Haudenosaunee (meet the Tadadaho)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DofTnRhm5o

Atkxìn

I watched a video that you posted of on of the Haudenosaunee leaders speaking at the Native American Museum, but I can't find it any more. Thanks for posting this stuff! It was really interested by his conversation about the Great Law of Peace, and it was neat to hear about where a lot of those ideas of harmonious living were initiated. I especially appreciated the emphasis on unanimity in decisions and concern for future generations (to the 7th generation I believe he said) when making decisions. Our world could certainly use a lot more of these!

allrock123

If you are looking for the talk on the great law of peace Given at the SmithsonianNAMI  (National Museum of the American Indian) By former Chief Jake Swamp and many family members(He is no longer living) as well as examples on there peoples cultural expression strutures simply search for  "Preamble to the Republic: Condolence, Wampum, and the Language of Peace" on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAlRwi9mnwA&t=3670s

The strutures there people have internally developed to address deep ancestral trauma come from there own history "often called the time of great sorrow".
The past conflicts and long term epic war among there own Tribes, and how they where able to core address those issues long Before Europeans arrived on the North American continent.
There is a lot of deep insight and wisdom running under what they have to share,  coming from a root knowledge of human primal actions ,, how we come to "see" and "hear" each other and recognize bonds and inter-relations we hold to the world around us  as well as actions taken in the root healing of multi generational grief and tensions at a core level of recognition that prevent us from seeing each other with clarity,  one may also find the example below interesting as it talks about the symbology and internal tools they use in the condolence process its important to note they don't just apply to dealing with a person death "but" also intertribal conflicts on an epic scale this is expected of there leaders they must recognize the importance of these underlying strutures when negotiating with others  ,, its also very important to understand the critical role "JIGONSASEH" and "HIAWATHA" played in this story and there lives history.
one will also want to take a look "The handsome lake code" that bridges between peoples of religious (Europeans)  and spiritual (Native peoples world view) perspectives of reality.
The Haudenosaunee are a little unique in bonds here "But" almost all of
North American Native peoples "share" the same root strutures and hold a "Spiritual Perspective of reality" the creator is not a God but a balance "force" often called The Great Mystery.
Just remember there peoples they all hold Unique Cultural Identity's
But "share" common roots on a very deep level ,, "We" are all related and this includes the Animal and plant nations as well, they are recognized as being a "part of the people" they stand with them very diffrent from our peoples Ethos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DaNMtVANsA&t=117s

Its one thing to intellectually discuss historical knowledge ,, its quite another to see and feel it first hand expressed it in a living Culture "today"
hope I was of some help
Irayo             

Atkxìn

Its one thing to intellectually discuss historical knowledge ,, its quite another to see and feel it first hand expressed it in a living Culture "today"
hope I was of some help
Irayo             

Irayo nìtxan for your very thorough reply! It gave me much greater clarity and appreciation for these native cultures' worldviews and ethoi (plural of ethos). As you say, it's incredibly different from the typical Westerner ethos and worldview, and it is fascinating to see it in a living culture.

When I get some time I will really watch these videos. I think these are true concepts, and I want truth wherever it appears to come from. I hope to incorporate some of these concepts into my own life and interactions with others--sounds like it leads to a happier life.

Oel ngaru irayo si nìmun!  :D :)