Inspired By Avatar CD - All info, ideas and more in here.

Started by Night Raider, January 01, 2010, 08:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Night Raider on January 04, 2010, 11:24:02 PM
Sounds like we have a vast amount of individuals eager to contribute! This is simply great!

I am putting together a release plan for this. Nothing fancy, but more like a TODO list, which I will post here and people will be checking in to see the status of completion of the project.

How are people able to be getting recordings made on the cheap?

My Microphone is junk, and I can't mix it well on my comp.
私は太った男だ。

Night Raider

Quote from: Txur'Itan on January 05, 2010, 05:06:47 AM
Quote from: Night Raider on January 04, 2010, 11:24:02 PM
Sounds like we have a vast amount of individuals eager to contribute! This is simply great!

I am putting together a release plan for this. Nothing fancy, but more like a TODO list, which I will post here and people will be checking in to see the status of completion of the project.

How are people able to be getting recordings made on the cheap?

My Microphone is junk, and I can't mix it well on my comp.

I've got a small studio set up...So this is why I'm able to get recordings done.
Is this right? I just write whatever in the signature box?

ANiceSunset

If we were to make/show an example of some music piece that we made, how are we to transfer it to you?

I can post a video of a creation I made up but i don't know how to "convert" it to something listenable/downloadable by people.

Do i need to make a midi file, or a mp3 file or something?
An amatuer practices until he gets it right, a professional practices until he can't get it wrong.

Night Raider

Quote from: ANiceSunset on January 05, 2010, 04:09:35 PM
If we were to make/show an example of some music piece that we made, how are we to transfer it to you?

I can post a video of a creation I made up but i don't know how to "convert" it to something listenable/downloadable by people.

Basically you make an mp3 and upload it, just like the rest of us. With videos, convert it to AVI and upload.

The CD will require quite a lot of mastering. I can master it to a certain extent, but then I would need to re-mix the tracks completely which could take some time. Ultimately we all want you to provide the final mixdown, so only thing I am left to do is master the whole CD, but this could present a problem to those without access to a studio.

ANiceSunset

Quote from: Night Raider on January 05, 2010, 04:13:55 PM
Quote from: ANiceSunset on January 05, 2010, 04:09:35 PM

Basically you make an mp3 and upload it, just like the rest of us. With videos, convert it to AVI and upload.

The CD will require quite a lot of mastering. I can master it to a certain extent, but then I would need to re-mix the tracks completely which could take some time. Ultimately we all want you to provide the final mixdown, so only thing I am left to do is master the whole CD, but this could present a problem to those without access to a studio.

Tslolam.

I'll post up asap my video/mixdown/music piece thingimajig.
An amatuer practices until he gets it right, a professional practices until he can't get it wrong.

Tireafya’o

Thats cool I play piano too, I think sheet music is a good idea as well.

Tireafya'o

Quote from: ANiceSunset on January 04, 2010, 11:04:43 PM
Count me in as well.

I've been playing piano for 12 years (since i was 5) and i somewhat compose my own music. I had a video recorded of a piano composition but it was somehow erased from my files.=( Gotta go re-record it again.

Hmmmm maybe i should consider doing some sheet music writing.

Oh and just a suggestion to the singing, i've learn this in my AP Music THeory class...does anyone know how to do 4 part choral writing? I can but i'm not good at it. If you want i'll see what i can do though.

ANiceSunset

Quote from: Tireafya'o on January 05, 2010, 04:19:06 PM
Thats cool I play piano too, I think sheet music is a good idea as well.

Tireafya'o

Quote from: ANiceSunset on January 04, 2010, 11:04:43 PM
Count me in as well.

I've been playing piano for 12 years (since i was 5) and i somewhat compose my own music. I had a video recorded of a piano composition but it was somehow erased from my files.=( Gotta go re-record it again.

Hmmmm maybe i should consider doing some sheet music writing.

Oh and just a suggestion to the singing, i've learn this in my AP Music THeory class...does anyone know how to do 4 part choral writing? I can but i'm not good at it. If you want i'll see what i can do though.

Sweet. Maybe we should do some duet thing or something...
I dunno, both of us play something at the same time? XD Just throwing out ideas.

Also if someone can give me a theme/song title/ or something name to start with, I'd appreciate it.

I've done this for my hamlet project, create a piano composition for characters and letting the dynamics, tempo and all that fun stuff explain the character itself.

I just need someone to give me a name or a setting or something. I'm bad at coming up with these things.
Irayo

Night Raider

Almost forgot, let me clarify something:

MUSICIANS: Make sure you have the original MASTER recordings of your works. This means at least 16bit / 44100 Hz WAV / AIFF files for music. This is VERY important.

Lack of a master (lossless) recording will render your work unacceptable for inclusion on the CD.

I'll put this up in the first post.

txum tukru

so no converts to mp3? okydoky! im heading for AIFF.

here is a music video i did in my free time, i headed for the Game/Anime look (using hl2).
pesu nga?          "who are you?"
Oe lu toktor.       "the Doctor!"
pesu?                "who?"
nì'aw, toktor.       "just, the Doctor!"

Night Raider

txum tukru

it says the video is blocked in some countries :) copyright issues ;)

Night Raider

Quote from: txum tukru on January 06, 2010, 05:13:36 AM
it says the video is blocked in some countries :) copyright issues ;)

Yep. we need to focus on things that do not involve direct copying of someone else's work.

txum tukru

ahem, did i say music video? the music is the reason of the block, and it was only an example :)

Mr.X

Okay, so that's basically what I got for now. I think that this would be pretty much the final version, I just need to make a better mix. Or I just can send separate tracks to Night Rider, so he could mix them himself.
Anyway, say what you think about it  :) (to listen you have to press little blue play button somewhere in the middle-left of the page)
http://www.sendspace.pl/file/85ed914a66f51f49ab743c9

I also plan making a second tune and probably the one which the community will like better would end up on the CD (or maybe both of them  8) )

Night Raider

Please make a separate thread for your song. This way works will not get lost in this big topic! Thanks!

mini_eywa

I want to make a track too... (will do it this week :P) how much tracks could i send and how(to who)?

greetz
Ayoeng ayitan sì ayite olo'fyawìntxuyuyä lu set.

Night Raider

Just make them and post in the music section marked "For Avatar Fan CD".

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Night Raider

mini_eywa

Quote from: Night Raider on February 25, 2010, 09:41:21 PM
Just make them and post in the music section marked "For Avatar Fan CD".

where exactly? cant find it... :(
Ayoeng ayitan sì ayite olo'fyawìntxuyuyä lu set.