Inspired By Avatar CD - All info, ideas and more in here.

Started by Night Raider, January 01, 2010, 08:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Raider

Hi guys and girls,

I decided to start this separate topic because the "Inspired by Avatar" CD with community-made music idea actually sounds great to me, and as I have observed, to many others as well.

Right now, the idea is to have this completely produced, compiled, mastered, pressed and released by LearnNavi.org. There is a possibility that we might need to start a label offspring of the portal, which is also quite possible.

The only reason Fox will consider giving us a go at this is if the CD will be either nonprofit or all proceeds donated to charity, and I'm in favor of the latter.

As of now, we need to know how many producers and musicians are actually willing to contribute their time and efforts into this. There will not be any profit made by us, but there will be lots of publicity and hype created around the portal, which will drive in more visitors and hopefully turn the big Avatar jocks' attention on us.

With all of the above said, let's discuss this project in here. Those who are willing to participate, make yourselves heard in here as well.

Notice:

CONTRIBUTORS: Make sure you have the original MASTER recordings of your works. This means at least 16bit / 44100 Hz WAV / AIFF files for music. This is VERY important.

Lack of a master (lossless) recording will render your work unacceptable for inclusion on the CD.
Is this right? I just write whatever in the signature box?

Nume fpi sänume

I for one am VERY willing to do this. I've been working on my JFF Remix for the better part of a week, as it sounded too flat to me and I wanted to bring the song out more. We have a wide variety of musical talent here with a lot of musical taste. I think it would be an interesting project for us.

Kip Pizayu

I would love to contribute to this. I make a wide range of music.

However, if you mean "Inspired by Avatar" what does it actually mean? 'Cause it seems to be very wide and open.
Kip Pizayu - Among an Ancestor

Night Raider

txum tukru

pesu nga?          "who are you?"
Oe lu toktor.       "the Doctor!"
pesu?                "who?"
nì'aw, toktor.       "just, the Doctor!"

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

If someone could help me with it, I'm trying to make a version of Alter Bridge's "Metalingus." in Na'vi.

I think that A: It would sound really cool
B: The words behind the song could make a awesome referance.

Anyone willing to give me a hand?

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Night Raider

I'm still learning this myself, so I'm not a big help in terms of anything language, but I'm hoping to change this some day.

As in for the CD, we need to try to get at least 12 tracks on by different people. Maybe some people decide to sing in Na'vi: those songs could be transformed into actual tracks with music arrangement. So singers are also very welcome to voice themselves in this topic.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

:D Like I said, I'm a singer and music guy, and if I could find someone to help me make out a lyrics sheet and pratice it, then I could totally sing something for the CD.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

sefuheron

Yom yom yom. Txonti swiräl.

Kip Pizayu

Quote from: Night Raider on January 02, 2010, 01:19:28 PM
It's a CD wih music made by fans of the film.

Schweet! Then I'm in!

Let us know of further developments, like deadlines and stuff.
Kip Pizayu - Among an Ancestor

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

If you have any need of a female singer, count me in!

I'm afraid its not my expertise to compose music, I'm more of a player myself, but I'm more than able to sing someone else's composition. Spent a few years in piano and voice, and have spent about ten years learning/teaching violin so reading music is a cinch.
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Hah. Had a stupid idea. Here, read this lyrics.
(I figure it should be ok if we have some English songs as well, right?)
Sung to the tune of "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC

"Airway to Hell." Vrs. 1.0
A tribute to going to Pandora.

(First line)
Living easy, living free

Season ticket on a one-way ride

Asking nothing, take me along

Taking everything in my stride

Don't need reason, don't need rhyme

Ain't nothing I would rather do

Going down, cyro time

My friends are gonna be there too

(Chorus)
I'm on the airway to hell
Airway to hell
Pandora or BUST!

(Line 2)
No looking back, keep going

Nobody's gonna slow us here!

Like a wheel, gonna spin it

Nobody's gonna mess me round

Hey Eywa, payed my dues

Coming back to play again

Hey Momma, look at me

I'm on my way to the promised land

(Chorus)
airway to hell
Pandora or BUST
ohhhhh
Can't stop me now!

airway to hell
I'm on the airway to...
airway to hell
Airway to hell...

And I'm going down, all the way
Pandora... Here we come.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Night Raider

Although the singing in Na'vi idea is awesome, we also could include some songs in English about Pandora / etc. This will make the CD a little more diverse and accessible by a broader audience. What do you think?

As in for the deadlines, I will get back to you soon (hopefully), as I need an answer from Fox.

txum tukru

that is so cool, im playing highway to hell in my band currently!!! (prints off lyrics)

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Quote from: txum tukru on January 03, 2010, 11:03:07 PM
that is so cool, im playing highway to hell in my band currently!!! (prints off lyrics)

Irayo, Txum Tukru.

If you get a good recording of it, post it here.

Just please, remember to credit lyrics to the guy who wrote them. (Namely, me. But you know...)

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

ANiceSunset

Count me in as well.

I've been playing piano for 12 years (since i was 5) and i somewhat compose my own music. I had a video recorded of a piano composition but it was somehow erased from my files.=( Gotta go re-record it again.

Hmmmm maybe i should consider doing some sheet music writing.

Oh and just a suggestion to the singing, i've learn this in my AP Music THeory class...does anyone know how to do 4 part choral writing? I can but i'm not good at it. If you want i'll see what i can do though.
An amatuer practices until he gets it right, a professional practices until he can't get it wrong.

Night Raider

Sounds like we have a vast amount of individuals eager to contribute! This is simply great!

I am putting together a release plan for this. Nothing fancy, but more like a TODO list, which I will post here and people will be checking in to see the status of completion of the project.

Nume fpi sänume

Once we get this rolling and have some progress in it, I'm sure interest will pick up. I like the idea of a todo list, gives us goals.

txum tukru

i can design music videos for certain songs voted best in the album!

Night Raider