Our Dictionary

Started by Taronyu, December 27, 2009, 09:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hashe

Yes, if he will published a book, how i've heard from some sources, i'll be very glad

Revy

Guess a Book about Na´vi will end in a endless war about copyrights and other stuff with James Cameron. Or they clear the fronts and Frommer can start to spam and spread more infos about the language.
http://dict-navi.com

Zwei Wölfe kämpfen im herzen eines jeden Mannes. Der eine wird Liebe, der andere Hass genannt. Und welcher gewinnt? Der, den du am meißten nährst.

Plumps

Why does it has to be a war? If both sides agree ... and I guess, FOX will buy into it because let's face it, it means more money for them, then I can see it happening! And Cameron already said that he would want the language to evolve - but there are numerous posts that deal with these issues ;) We don't need to go into that here again, I think. :)

Revy

Ah i´m sorry. I dont wanted to start another conversation about "should he or better not" issues. But still i guess there are more important things in the way to grant access for more stuff about Na´vi than we know. However i hope this language will spread a bit more to create a larger community and make this more puplic :)

Zwei Wölfe kämpfen im herzen eines jeden Mannes. Der eine wird Liebe, der andere Hass genannt. Und welcher gewinnt? Der, den du am meißten nährst.

Plumps

Give it some time - I'm sure it will ;)
Look at how long Klingon or the other ConLang's had - Na'vi cannot achieve all that within half the time ;)

Patience my young padawan ;D uuups, wrong fandom ;D

Revy

Wait you must..

Yeye, but i´ve never watched for Klingon or other languages. And of course it can! Goddamn it´s not a random movie it´s Avatar!

Taronyu

Ok guys....

....big news. I have no future plans for this dictionary, besides fixing typographical errors. What does that mean?

It is done.

DOWNLOAD VERSION V. HERE

Plumps

[singing] You are our hero, our only hero
You make us happy when skies are grey
You'll never notice how much you helped us
Please don't take our hero away [/singing]

;D Thank you so much for your effort!!!

Ftiafpi

downloaded, awesome, yay. Thanks so much for this.

Taronyu

Tsranten kehe txan lolu. Oe sìltsana krrmì tok, pehrr oe tiväftxeiu faylìu. Slä ngaru oel irayoti tìng, numeyu. Ke ngahu, fì'u atìsìltsan skxawng livängu. Ha irayo, irayo. Oel set ngati nìftue fa Na'viyä menari kayameie, ma smukan sì smuke.

Doolio

ngayä aylì'u lor lu. ngayä tìsi sìltsan si apxa lu ulte ngaru lu txan ayirayo ayoeyä!

well, this is wrong for certain, but my intentions are good:)
...taj rad...

Ikran

Wow...irayo!  Eywa s'ilivi mas'kit nivi  ;)

Taronyu

Quote from: Ikran on January 05, 2010, 08:32:48 PM
Wow...irayo!  Eywa s'ilivi mas'kit nivi  ;)

NooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo.....

Must.....fight.....urge......within...... hahaha

dz

Thanks for your excellent dictionary.  I´ve just printed it.  You ask to be informed of errors, & I think I've spotted one:  Under "-t:" you say "dative suffix"; shouldn't this be "accusative"?

Taronyu

Quote from: dz on January 05, 2010, 09:30:46 PM
Thanks for your excellent dictionary.  I´ve just printed it.  You ask to be informed of errors, & I think I've spotted one:  Under "-t:" you say "dative suffix"; shouldn't this be "accusative"?

That has got to be the fifth time I've told myself to change that. Why do I keep forgetting. Thanks. Will be fixed in next edition.

(PS: sorry, I keep hitting modify by accident. Meant to reply. Fixed your post back.)

Hashe

Excellent dictionary!!! Thank you so much! Need to translate to my native... Oh god...

Fyawìntxu

kaltxì ma smuktu!

irayo ma Taronyu!

This is going to be very helpfull from now on.

Eywa ayngahu ma smuktu, sì kìyevame.

Fyawìntxu
Eywa ayngahu ma smuk!

Sh4rK

Hi!
Two things:

*'it: [Pit] T n. progeny derived from Pitan
son and 'ite daughter

Pitan should be 'itan

'ite: ['ite] S n. daughter

'ite (the IPA pronounciation) should begin wih that weird "?" instead of '

And one question: tarok is the same as toruk?
Its here (both in the dictionary and the infections):
–ti: [ti] W accusative adp. for nouns:
Nga–ti taron tarokìl. The toruk hunts
you.

Taronyu

Toruk Makto

The good Dr. Frommer should buy you a pint, mate.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf