Our Dictionary

Started by Taronyu, December 27, 2009, 09:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: Plumps on February 09, 2011, 02:27:47 AM
Quote from: Ìngkoruptusì on February 08, 2011, 05:54:46 PM
Something I saw in the dictionary: the word for 'confusion' is yayawr. I am confused. ;D

You're right, should be yayayr

Well, is there a difference really, ma Ìngko, between 'that thing is confusing' and 'that thing confuses me'? It is more a subjective view but fits, I think, because same as if you say 'it's cold' or 'it's hot' it is really subjective and another would perhaps not agree with you on the temperature.

I think there's a bit..

"that thing is confusing" (no object) -> I think that thing confuse everyone
"that thing confuses me" ("me" as direct object) -> I am confused by that - me only

Tsari lu frapor yayayr. and Tsari lu oer yayayr. maybe?
Or Lu (tsa'u) yayayr. "that is a confusion" for first one?
Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

Swoka Swizaw

Quote from: Plumps on February 09, 2011, 02:27:47 AM
Well, is there a difference really, ma Ìngko, between 'that thing is confusing' and 'that thing confuses me'? It is more a subjective view but fits, I think, because same as if you say 'it's cold' or 'it's hot' it is really subjective and another would perhaps not agree with you on the temperature.[/font][/size]

Perhaps, not. I suppose that I meant a "feeling of confusion." 'Efu oe leyayayr. Considering that my Na'vi is rusty, would that even be correct?

Plumps

Quote from: Ìngkoruptusì on February 09, 2011, 01:51:40 PM
Perhaps, not. I suppose that I meant a "feeling of confusion." 'Efu oe leyayayr. Considering that my Na'vi is rusty, would that even be correct?

No, I think that is also covered by lu oeru yayayr or maybe oel yayayrit 'efu

On another matter. I recently came to notice the vtr. of makto. Can somebody trace back from where we got this information. I'm wondering whether tswayon is transitive too then.

Ikran Ahiyìk

Yeysu is not listed under the loan words list..
Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

Taronyu

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on February 10, 2011, 09:37:58 PM
Yeysu is not listed under the loan words list..

I must have assumed that the Na'vi already know about Jesus.

/joke.

Fixed.

I think we got Makto vtr. relatively recently. Not on Na'viteri, though...

Carborundum

Quote from: Plumps on February 10, 2011, 03:38:23 PM
On another matter. I recently came to notice the vtr. of makto. Can somebody trace back from where we got this information. I'm wondering whether tswayon is transitive too then.

It's a movie quote:
Quote from: EytukanIkranti makto, 'eko ta'em!

I'm not sure where the information that tswayon is vin. comes from.
We learn from our mistakes only if we are made aware of them.
If I make a mistake, please bring it to my attention for karma.

Ataeghane

Infixes in wäte are marked as 12, shouldn't that be 22?

Oer wivìntxu ngal oey keyeyt krr a tse'a sat. Frakrr.

Taronyu

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Large changelog
11.758 Added initial entry for sno, sneyä - help on it would be nice, if you have suggestions.
Marked a, tsnì as sbd., or subordinators. Decided not to divide conj. into sbd.
and coordinators, as it confused me, and would likely confuse you too. Fixed layompin.
Syllabificaiton of lefkrr. Edited -ve, -e, -an. Edited them again. Edited omum. Changed Illegal
words to Non-Frommerian words. Syllabified infixes. Added kìte'e si serve. Added
fra–, kaw– to inflections. Edited lor. Added var to persist in a state, to continue to perform
an action. Added nìftxan. Added Yeysu, –o Jesus, durative marker. Ralpeng, makto now
vtr. Added smon nìprrte' nice to know you to the phrases block. Edited fralo, sekrr, tsafya
to adv., n., adv.. Changed the productivity number system because it was dumb. Also
reorganised the inflection section: now there is a section for verbal infixes, case markers,
derivational morphology, and inflectional morphology. Added some previously missing
things to the other inflectional morphology section, such as fì. Corrected error in me–
example, added kea to –yu example because double negation is awesome. (Contemplated
having a more formal tone in the changelog, decided against it.) Added pay+, tsay+
to both the main block and to the inflections appendix, where I also added fay+. Edited
infix position in käteng. Corrected the casual speech pronunciation of tìoeyktìng. Fixed
uk. tìng, teswotìng = vtr. Pätsì now a loan word. Fixed the imv example. atokirina' now
in flora. Added lelì'fya concerning language. Mäkxu. Added note about monosyllabic
stress to introduction. Added the words from the January 31st naviteri post. Emza'u vtr.,
kllfro' vin. Edited si verbs to vin. Yayayr, not yayawr. Yeysu is a loan. Resyllabified the
IPA for eyawr.

Probably could keep the last few lines (highlighted).

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Taronyu

meh.

Quote from: trashAdded initial entry for {\bf sno, sneyä} - help on it would be nice, if you have suggestions. Marked {\bf a, tsnì} as sbd., or subordinators. Decided not to divide conj. into sbd. and coordinators, as it confused me, and would likely confuse you too. Fixed {\bf layompin}. Syllabificaiton of {\bf lefkrr}. Edited {\bf -ve, -e, -an}. Edited them again. Edited {\bf omum}. Changed Illegal words to Non-Frommerian words. Syllabified infixes. Added {\bf kìte'e si} {\it serve}. Added {\bf fra--, kaw--} to inflections. Edited {\bf lor}. Added {\bf var} {\it to persist in a state, to continue to perform an action.} Added {\bf nìftxan}. Added {\bf Yeysu, --o} {\it Jesus}, durative marker. {\bf Ralpeng, makto} now vtr. Added {\bf smon nìprrte'} {\it nice to know you} to the phrases block. Edited {\bf fralo, sekrr, tsafya} to adv., n., adv.. Changed the productivity number system because it was dumb. Also reorganised the inflection section: now there is a section for verbal infixes, case markers, derivational morphology, and inflectional morphology. Added some previously missing things to the other inflectional morphology section, such as {\bf fì}. Corrected error in {\bf me--} example, added {\bf kea} to {\bf --yu} example because double negation is awesome. (Contemplated having a more formal tone in the changelog, decided against it.) Added {\bf pay+, tsay+} to both the main block and to the inflections appendix, where I also added {\bf fay+}. Edited infix position in {\bf käteng}. Corrected the casual speech pronunciation of {\bf tìoeyktìng.}

Taronyu

I've added all of the new words from the new Naviteri post. :)

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Taronyu on February 22, 2011, 10:53:15 AM
I've added all of the new words from the new Naviteri post. :)

Txantsan :)

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Eywa'eveng-tìranyu

teri the nìprrte' in the phrases block:
shouldn't it be marked as ph. instead of adv. ?

Taronyu

Quote from: Eywa'eveng-tìranyu on February 26, 2011, 11:01:12 AM
teri the nìprrte' in the phrases block:
shouldn't it be marked as ph. instead of adv. ?

Technically, it is an adverb. I use phrase when there is more than one grammatical part of speech being used.

Taronyu

Updated for new words.

Sireayä mokri

According to these sentences, kar should be vtr.:

ngal keiar oeru futa meoauniaeal frakrr awngati fmereial
and
ngal keiar oeru fì'ut
When the mirror speaks, the reflection lies.

Taronyu

Edited. Thank you.

Thanks, everyone. Your efforts are what keep this dictionary going. :)

Kì'eyawn

Quote from: Sireayä mokri on March 04, 2011, 05:24:31 AM

and
ngal keiar oeru fì'ut

Where is that first sentence from?  ???
eo Eywa oe 'ia

Fra'uri tìyawnur oe täpivìng nìwotx...

Sireayä mokri

When the mirror speaks, the reflection lies.

Le'eylan

Quote from: Kì'eyawn on March 04, 2011, 09:48:09 AM
Quote from: Sireayä mokri on March 04, 2011, 05:24:31 AM

and
ngal keiar oeru fì'ut

Where is that first sentence from?  ???
From "Tewti Ma Utral", which was checked by Frommer :)

Edit: ninja'd >__>
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=