Possible new words

Started by eejmensenikbenhet, June 19, 2017, 04:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eejmensenikbenhet

Kaltxì ma frapo,

Available as a download from the new Avatar.com website is the "Guide to the Flora & Fauna of the Valley of Mo'ara". On it is a little warning not to feed the animals or destroy their habitat:

Quote from: Guide to the Flora & Fauna of the Valley of Mo'araKeep yourself and Mo'ara safe!
While you enjoy your exploration of Mo'ara, please help us put safety first for both you and Mo'ara by following the guidelines below:
• Do not feed the animals
• Do not attempt to approach or cross any barriers designed for guest and animal safety
• Do not attempt to harm the animals or their habitats

And this features a nice picture of a hand feeding a Palukan but also a translation of these guidelines in Na'vi!

Quote from: Guide to the Flora & Fauna of the Valley of Mo'araFmal tìkxuket ngeyä sì Mo'arayä
Tengkrr lerang Mo'arat nì'o' nì'aw, rutxe ayoeru srung si fte tsivun ayoe fmival tìkxuket ngeyä sì Mo'arayä fa fwa lek faysänumet:
• Rä'ä yomtivìng ayioangur
• Rä'ä fmivi livok fu emkivä ayekxanit a fkol ngolop fpi sìkxuke ayfrrtuä sì ayioangä
• Rä'ä fmivi kxu sivi ayioangur fu helkur feyä

In this text, I've found some unknown/as of yet unconfirmed vocab!
*tìkxuke - (n.) safety derived from kxuke safe
*kxu si - (vin.) harm derived from kxu harm

BEWARE, this all still needs to be confirmed by awngeyä Karyu! But I assume we'll find these in a blogpost soon. I've sent him an email a couple of days ago for confirmation, have yet to receive a response (but I couldn't hold the excitement anymore). This is also why I haven't posted this in the Language update section.

Other things found in this pamflet are new animals like the ilu (a rideable seacreature that serves the reef clans like the fa'li serve the forest/plain clans), the nalutsa (another seacreature described as an ocean behemoth, jumping out of the water to catch prey, this animal is part of the ikran-flight attraction), the akula (mentioned only, no description other than that it is more elusive and fierce than its cousin, the nalutsa).

Want to check out the guide yourself? You can find it here. There's a little error in the entry for the atokirina', saying that it is a seed of the Utral Aymokriyä rather than the Vitrayä Ramunong. However, the rest of this pamflet is rather good-looking and undoubtedly helps immersion when walking around Mo'ara.

Plumps

Very interesting find! Irayo nìtxan, ma eejmensenikbenhet

You can add

emkä (vin.) - cross (over), step over s.t.

as well. That word we don't have as well.

I'm also sure that these will appear in a future blog post. I only know that they ask K. Pawl to translate a few things. Seems legit to me that this is one of them. :)

eejmensenikbenhet

Quote from: Plumps on June 19, 2017, 04:20:49 PM
Very interesting find! Irayo nìtxan, ma eejmensenikbenhet

You can add

emkä (vin.) - cross (over), step over s.t.

as well. That word we don't have as well.

I'm also sure that these will appear in a future blog post. I only know that they ask K. Pawl to translate a few things. Seems legit to me that this is one of them. :)
Kea tìkin, ma tsmukan!
Wou! I totally read over *emkä, thanks! Now I'm curious as to what it is derived from... (Well, is obvious, but when thinking of crossing I think of few or ka.)

Plumps

No problem ;) The important thing is that you probably understood its meaning anyway :D

It seems to be that ominous syllable that we also have in emza'u and emrey :-\

Plumps